Laurine Lecavelier | Page 20 | Golden Skate

Laurine Lecavelier

LynsJ

On the Ice
What?? Nooo! :( I was so looking forward to seeing Laurine this weekend. Hope she gets better soon!

Me too! [emoji853] she was one of the ladies I was most looking forward to live. Her presence is great. Wishing her a speedy recovery.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Anyone have the dates for French Nationals? Updates on Laurine's health? Can't wait to see those gorgeous programs again. Hope she's feeling better!

Flagstaff

Rinkside
Unfortunately she is still injured and won't be participating. She has a tear in her thigh muscle and a back injury.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Sending all my love and support to this brilliant artist who has touched my life profoundly. We all have our struggles -- I have certainly had mine. On t'aime, Laurine. [emoji170]

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
About to fly out to Europe in a few hours, just wanted to say before I got that I hope Laurine is doing okay, had fun at the galas she skated at recently, and is surrounded by people who love her and have her best interests at heart. flagstaff, if you're around, please pass on my support and best wishes to her? Thanks.

greig

Rinkside
Hope laurine is doing ok.She has been very missed this season😔 Let's hope that whatever the outcome of the case is going to be, like harriet has posted previously, that I do hope she knows that she has great support and love from all her fans across the world.She will rise again.⛸🙏

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
For how long? When was it announced? I haven't seen any information about it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

When PJ Kwong talked to Paul Peret a few days ago (available here on YouTube) he said he didn't know what was going on with Laurine but hoped to have info in a few weeks and when he does, he'll post it to Twitter - sorry, I didn't take a timestamp for that part of the conversation, but it's in the latter half of the video somewhere. It came up in the context of the French federation being extremely close-mouthed about everything.

I haven't heard anything other than that myself.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
When PJ Kwong talked to Paul Peret a few days ago (available here on YouTube) he said he didn't know what was going on with Laurine but hoped to have info in a few weeks and when he does, he'll post it to Twitter - sorry, I didn't take a timestamp for that part of the conversation, but it's in the latter half of the video somewhere. It came up in the context of the French federation being extremely close-mouthed about everything.

I haven't heard anything other than that myself.
Thank you for the link, Harriet! Hope you're doing well. Fingers crossed for a good outcome for Laurine.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Flagstaff

Rinkside
She has a ban.

Absolutely not, she hasn't. She is still waiting for a decision from AFLD. She has provided a hair test that showed she hadn't use any prohibited substance in the prior 6 months, which included the date of the urine test. That was in January. She still hasn't had a hearing with the French anti-doping agency. She was suspended as conservation measure 9 months ago. It's clear that they don't know what to do. As long as they do not take a decision, whatever it is, she can do nothing at all. No galas, no coaching, and no money means no ice time and no training. With the changes at FFSG + lockdown/coronavirus, she has found herself without a lawyer and with not much support. FFSG would like her back, but they can do nothing about the slowness of AFLD administration. It's a vicious circle. At this stage, she is giving up and has now new life plans. The chances she'll be back to figure skating and competition are non-existant. She really has been doomed for 3/4 of her career and this is the last straw. She needs and wants to do something else. She'll be a full time student at the U from September on. She wants to be a speech and language therapist.

Last edited:

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Absolutely not, she hasn't. She is still waiting for a decision from AFLD. She has provided a hair test that showed she hadn't use any prohibited substance in the prior 6 months, which included the date of the urine test. That was in January. She still hasn't had a hearing with the French anti-doping agency. She was suspended as conservation measure 9 months ago. It's clear that they don't know what to do. As long as they do not take a decision, whatever it is, she can do nothing at all. No galas, no coaching, and no money means no ice time and no training. With the changes at FFSG + lockdown/coronavirus, she has found herself without a lawyer and with not much support. FFSG would like her back, but they can do nothing about the slowness of AFLD administration. It's a vicious circle. At this stage, she is giving up and has now new life plans. The chances she'll be back to figure skating and competition are non-existant. She really has been doomed for 3/4 of her career and this is the last straw. She needs and wants to do something else. She'll be a full time student at the U from September on. She wants to be a speech and language therapist.

Oh no. I was worried that the lockdown would cause problems for her but I didn't think they'd let it get so bad. That's so wrong and unfair. It absolutely sucks.

As her hair sample shows she was clean of any banned substances throughout the period of the original test, to my mind that really only leaves three options for what happened: the test returned a freak false positive (unlikely), the test sample was contaminated (not accusing anyone of anything, accidents can happen), or the test sample was accidentally switched with another athlete's during the testing process. They're going to lose a fine, dedicated athlete and artist over what's most likely a procedural error because they dragged their heels over dealing with it when they should have a procedure in place to deal with possibilities like that as a matter of course. So stupid and cruel.

I'm very glad that Laurine has another passion to move ahead with, and can start up her post-lockdown life on a new front, but god I'll miss her on the ice. And the drug testing authority and FFSG had better at minimum do some follow-up so that she doesn't go into her second career with a stain on her reputation from her first caused by someone else's mistake. :scowl:

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker

She really has been doomed. Bad luck kept striking over and over again. Underrated, underappreciated, unsung. And of course this would happen at the moment when it seemed that she'd made a huge step forward in her technique and after putting together absolutely beautiful programs for the season.

I'm so sorry that this happened to her. Shame on the AFLD. I will miss her skating so much. It absolutely breaks my heart. I can only hope that such a beautiful soul and tremendous artist has a wonderful life ahead of her.