Laurine Lecavelier | Page 19 | Golden Skate

Laurine Lecavelier

greig

Rinkside
Is it just me or does her technique look much more secure than ever before?

That's one of the first things I noticed aswell.She used to have some lean and a swing on some of the jumps before..the lutz especially used to often be a bit wild in the air but she really has improved so much.She obviously has worked very hard over the summer and it shows. The choreography and the arm movements in both these programmes are a major step up aswell, if she keeps going at this rate she could easily be a top 10 contender for worlds. The lyrical pieces really suit her style aswell so its lovely to see that both her programmes this season has that quality to it..even though I did love her more themed performances.I was a bit disappointed to see her her components scores lower than the technical score today though..but shes off to a great start and hopefully she will keep that momentum going into the grand prix.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Is it just me or does her technique look much more secure than ever before?

I noiced the same thing. The 3Lz+3T was so smooth and easy I thought at first it was a 3T+3T! She's really clicked in over the break. Touch wood, I think we might be seeing what Laurine skates like when she hasn't had any injuries for a while...

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Laurine is no longer on the list of entries for Minsk Ice Star. Hope it's just because she's focusing on preparing for the GP in a few weeks' time and doesn't feel the need for a Senior B before then!

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It's expired now, but Lorenzo Magri posted a funny instagram story yesterday of Laurine and some of the other YGA skaters mucking about on the ice, line dancing to Cotton-Eyed Joe. :) It was very cute.

Only a week till Internationaux de France!

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
She certainly did. :)

Her ISU bio is updated with her new music. For the SP it's November by Max Richter, as we knew, but for the FS it's Waltz op. 64 No. 2 in C sharp minor (recorded?) by East West and 24 Preludes, Op 28 No. 4 in E minor by Frederic Chopin. I don't know Chopin terribly well, I always leaned more towards Baroque music, so I didn't realise that there were two pieces - they certainly blend as if they were one!

ETA: Lorenzo Magri just put up another little clip of Laurine, this time from the SP step sequence. She looks so good...and this weekend is going to kill me, because I might be able to stay up late enough to catch P/C but Laurine will be skating in the wee hours of the morning and I'm too old to pull all-nighters any more.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Interesting, Harriet! I was wondering about which Chopin piece it was.

Just an FYI for anyone who might need to know, France changed time yesterday. So now France is 5 hours ahead of NYC instead of 6 -- until the end of the week.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
The starting orders for the SP at IdF have been announced. Laurine will skate last in the first group. She is scheduled to skate her SP at 1:55pm EST (18.55 local time).

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Laurine's planned program content for SP:
3T-3T, 2A, 3Lz

For FS:
3Lz-3T, 3F, 3S, 3Lo, 2A-3T-2T, 3Lz, 2A-2T

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Laurine has had to withdraw due to injury.

Most unfortunate withdrawal in her home event, in front of her family, fans and sponsors.

But as always, better safe than sorry.