Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Yes, congrats Laurine! I really enjoyed your programs :cheer:

Alex D

Record Breaker
Laurine at NRW SP

Laurine competed at the SP, at Dortmund, NRW Trophy, receiving 59.79.

6. Grace (from my NRW day 4 review)

I saw her at Bordereaux and she is an incredible good looking woman, a woman who I am not man enough to talk to. :slink: No seriously, if I would meet her in a club, I would probably look at her, yet leave the club alone. :rolleye: Laurine has a wonderful charm, she has an incredible posture in her upper body, clean spins on one blade, it looks so "dance" to me - not sure if she ever did professional dance in her life, most likely ballet, as she has the style of a dancer. She presents elements incredible well, very proud and confident, - even if her face, was desperate and suffering, after what happened at Paris and I am sure her program did now also relate to this.

Her Axel, is spectacular, the exit into the hop - amazing! This is how you do an Axel, you do not wait 10 seconds and jump it a hundred times in your head, you also do not land it just so - no! You do what Laurine did, you go into the element, skating on one blade, make the element while having a clean landing, backwards and then you add a transition into the next, brilliant!

Girl you rock so much, I am speechless!

Ladies, this is how you skate to make man like me, cry.

Video

NaVi

Medalist
Great FS form Laurine LECAVELIER...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX30n4xvT1s

3T-3T 3Lz 3S 3F(hand down) 3Lo(turn out) 3Lz+2T 2A

She's leaving points on the floor though not doing a 3 jump combination and not doing 2 2A. I wonder if she could do replace the 3S with a 2A-1Lo-3S or a 3S+2A+SEQ along with a 3Lz+2T+2T.

Even without those changes she should be able to get into the 180s if she goes clean.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Great FS form Laurine LECAVELIER...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX30n4xvT1s

3T-3T 3Lz 3S 3F(hand down) 3Lo(turn out) 3Lz+2T 2A

She's leaving points on the floor though not doing a 3 jump combination and not doing 2 2A. I wonder if she could do replace the 3S with a 2A-1Lo-3S or a 3S+2A+SEQ along with a 3Lz+2T+2T.

Even without those changes she should be able to get into the 180s if she goes clean.

Wonderful, thanks! I am glad this competition went well for her. I wish France had 2 spots for Worlds.

Pika

Final Flight
Wonderful, thanks! I am glad this competition went well for her. I wish France had 2 spots for Worlds.

Actually Mae managed to earn two spots no ?
If Laurine wins the Nationals and overscore her in Euros she may get the ticket

EDIT: Wikipedia page for Worlds 2016 says France has two spots for all categories :hap10: (except 3 for Ice Dance)

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
2nd warm up started. Laurine is of course skating last out of four ladies :)

Plumededragon

Medalist
Actually Mae managed to earn two spots no ?
If Laurine wins the Nationals and overscore her in Euros she may get the ticket

EDIT: Wikipedia page for Worlds 2016 says France has two spots for all categories :hap10:
Great! I really want Laurine to make her World debut this year. She's progressing, and I'm sure with clean skates she can make it to the top 10.

Last edited:

Pika

Final Flight
Oh thank you! Every year I'm desperate by the lack of videos from Les Etoiles De La Glisse and this year there are many ! :D

tulosai

Record Breaker
Good luck to Laurine at Euros! I hope she'll be able to perform her SP brilliantly- it's one of my favorites this year :love:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I made it just in time today! It wasn't flawless but still very enjoyable. May she skate even better on Friday! :hap10:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Enjoyed seeing Laurine again... but 13th place is way too low after the SP, especially after that last-place finish at TEB.

Disappointed. Hoped to see more improvement this season for a closer race with Méité in France. :(

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
A little better today. Laurine was #9 in the free, and #10 overall... but just barely hung into the top 10.

Interesting, Laurine received higher PCS than Meite, despite skating in an earlier group.

tulosai

Record Breaker
A little better today. Laurine was #9 in the free, and #10 overall... but just barely hung into the top 10.

Interesting, Laurine received higher PCS than Meite, despite skating in an earlier group.

I also thought that was interesting, and really enjoyed watching her skate today- she has a lot of wonderful infectious energy.