Laurine Lecavelier | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Laurine Lecavelier

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Bit sad for Laurine for her WC, the Swedish commentators were rooting for her - they are sure she will come back stronger though and I agree. It is amazing how she has improved this last season. I'm going to miss both her programs, love her fun Grease free skate (and I'm not a huge fan of Grease) and I am a bit upset (in a good way I guess) that I will probably never see her absolutely BEAUTIFUL short again (plz Laurine make it your short next season or an ex).

Bit quiet and empty here, but I still wanted to express my emotions somewhere ;)

Her SP is my all-time favorite. Was really brutally sad to see her struggle in both programs with the combination. That was one of the saddest things for me in a very sad WC. Hoping she comes back stronger than ever next season and lands in the top 10 in the world, where she belongs. She's my favorite skater in the world right now.

thoakun

Final Flight
I have to admit that I didn't pay much attention to Laurine, but today I randomly kicked on a video of Laurine's SP and the moment I heard the first note, I couldn't take my eyes away. She has incredible posture, effortless grace and music flows out of her. It's been a very long time since I witness, not saw such a breathtakingly elegant SP :love:::luv17:. Instant fan. Now I find myself repeating her SP non stop :coffee:

Kind of a trivial question, but is her hair naturally curly? She's born to rock that hair cut and texture.

Last edited:

greig

Rinkside
Laurine lecavelier

Such a breakout star this season, but I am worried for her.she hasn't landed the triple triple in many competitions throughout the season..I'm just hoping she can get more consistent next season and hopefully have a chance to finish inside the top 10 in Olympics.she is one of the finest performers from Europe but I do worry that her form and consistency will be a block from her developing.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Such a breakout star this season, but I am worried for her.she hasn't landed the triple triple in many competitions throughout the season..I'm just hoping she can get more consistent next season and hopefully have a chance to finish inside the top 10 in Olympics.she is one of the finest performers from Europe but I do worry that her form and consistency will be a block from her developing.

There is an ongoing fan fest discussion about Laurine here: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?55375-Laurine-Lecavelier&p=1166664&viewfull=1#post1166664

Tulipstar

Medalist
Skating in France and Canada for the Grand Prix.

Will be interesting to see what she can do against all that tough competition.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wondering the same. I've had exactly zero news about her since the WTT:shrug:.

Is it me or does the girl have like zero social media presence :angry2: I want to be mad about it and throw things but I gotta be honest....I think it's pretty cool in this day and age of media obsession that she just doesn't. :laugh:

I'm curious too about her programs. Girl of mystery I tell ya :laugh:

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Wondering the same. I've had exactly zero news about her since the WTT:shrug:.

I think this is a common practice from the French skaters (or their Federation?). I don't think anyone knows what Papadakis/Cizeron or James/Cipres are doing either yet.

Mattieu

Medalist
I think this is a common practice from the French skaters (or their Federation?). I don't think anyone knows what Papadakis/Cizeron or James/Cipres are doing either yet.

Yes, all will be revealed at French Masters

Tulipstar

Medalist
Is it me or does the girl have like zero social media presence :angry2: I want to be mad about it and throw things but I gotta be honest....I think it's pretty cool in this day and age of media obsession that she just doesn't. :laugh:

I'm curious too about her programs. Girl of mystery I tell ya :laugh:

Yes, exactly. Some of her French team members are on Instagram, but mysterous Laurine isn't. It's like she comes flying from another world in the winter to grace us with her skating before disappearing in the summer:laugh:

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
I think it's smart of Laurine to keep the fans guessing. There is little to gain for her from a social media show, and in the end the on-ice performance is what counts most. In the mean time it's like waiting for Christmas. I hope she will have two nice presents in the bag, both for us and for herself. Or three, you never know when the third may come handy.