Dabin Choi | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Dabin Choi

dna5019

Final Flight
Dabin is 2nd alternate for JGPF. Not bad! :yay: Technically, she's also the highest non-Russian/non-Japanese in JGPF standings. :cheer2:

Same. KSU, please hear our cries! :drama:

Oh, fantastic! Good for her! :cheer: And yes, please have her in a Senior B! Give her the experience!

Eclair

Medalist
Congratulations Dabin! Keep going! Good job! :cheer:

Can't wait to see her in the senior ranks .. May puberty be lenient with her:hopelessness:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I think Choi's going to be fine, for her jumps look solid. She should move up to seniors next year.
I would prefer this season just for the security of WC spots. Not saying the SY is unstable or anything but having Dabin in this year's Sr. team would be a great asset due to her consistency. Besides, her programs are quite decent and she's showing artistic progress with the LP.

paperhearts

Final Flight
I do hope that Dabin continues to be rock solid as she transitions into the senior ranks, but it's hard to tell. As they say, "ice is slippery." :no: But I do hope she goes senior next season and finishes high at Jr. Worlds so that she continues to get attention (assuming she goes.)

About going to Sr. Worlds, I do hope she gets a chance to go because it will be a learning experience, but I wish she can debut at a less tension-filled competition; a Senior B (KSU, hear us) or maybe 4CC?

Kuan

Final Flight
I do hope that Dabin continues to be rock solid as she transitions into the senior ranks, but it's hard to tell. As they say, "ice is slippery." :no: But I do hope she goes senior next season and finishes high at Jr. Worlds so that she continues to get attention (assuming she goes.)

About going to Sr. Worlds, I do hope she gets a chance to go because it will be a learning experience, but I wish she can debut at a less tension-filled competition; a Senior B (KSU, hear us) or maybe 4CC?

She will :) She will be at Merano Cup next month.

paperhearts

Final Flight
Yup
http://www.iceclubmerano.com/wp/en/2015/18th-merano-cup-2015-12-15-nov-2015/

which is good since I need to see Eunsoo and Sohyun's progresses too!

Yay! Sohyun and the 2 Eunsoo's being there too makes me even happier (even though I'd probably need to stay awake at ungodly hours just to catch it). Apparently Dabin's the youngest competitor in Seniors, pretty cool. Does Dabin have a chance at a podium here? I'm only familiar with Ukolova, Artimieva and Leonova so I googled the rest of the competitors (in lieu of finishing academic requirements :eek::) and it seemed to me that she could get bronze behind the two Russians? Oh, I'm just so excited for her international Senior debut!

paperhearts

Final Flight
I don't see Dabin's name, nor any other South Korean skaters, anymore on the entry list. Anybody know what's happened? A pity, I really was excited to watch her skate. :sad46:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
No idea why either :(

We will see her in Tallinn Trophy but the others 😢.....

paperhearts

Final Flight
Dabin's 8th at Tallin overall. I confess, I completely forgot she was competing so I wasn't able to follow along... But it seems like she had a poor SP then fought back in the long, so good for her. I hope her results push her to do even better, she's got a lot of time to improve. It seems like her SP hasn't been posted yet, but the whole Senior Ladies event was. I'll have to wait before updating the OP, I guess. [EDIT: Silly me, both were posted by FigureDreamTree. OP has been updated!]

It seemed that she was alone in the KnC? Poor Dabin. :( Her FS was pretty solid, except for the lack of a 3-3 and that fall on the 2A. I wonder if her coach not being present was a factor.

Regardless, congrats to Dabin for a Top 10 finish on her senior debut! :cheer: (Look at the bright side...? Hahaha.)

Last edited:

paperhearts

Final Flight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCExpk1FWaY - Here's her SP.

It was so sad to see her alone in the K&C, but nice comeback in the FS! (That PCS though :disagree:)

Thank you! I've updated her OP. :) Yeah, I wonder if there're some problems with travelling which is why her coach couldn't make it? Like Misha and his Visa problems earlier, but I'm just speculating. I do have to wonder who's with her at the comp if there's no one to sit with her at the KnC. There's been instances before that a coach wasn't there but somebody else filled out for them (eg. Yuzuru at Sochi SP, Yulia at TEB?) so it's really...questionable? I don't know how to phrase it in English, hahaha.

It's good to see her fight back in the FS, and I hope her PCS too could climb up as she goes up in the ranks.

paperhearts

Final Flight
This was around a week ago, sorry for the delay! At the Ranking Competition as a Senior:

SP CLEAN!
FS (Was that a 3Lz-3T-2T at the end?) Also, CLEAN!
News clip (ft. CJH, Soyoun, and Haejin)
Medal Ceremony

She won! By less than a point, I think, over Soyoun. Also Byun Jihyun was just behind Soyoun by around a point too; the difference among the top 3 was 2 points! (As per this tweet.) I can't find the protocols though...

I checked her previous comps and she did 3Lz-2T-2Lo at JGPs and Tallin, but she also did 2A-3T there. I don't know if popping the 3T of her 2A combo was intended (it looked not from the angle?) but if it wasn't, great thinking on adding the 3T to the lutz! Great tech, but I hope she will continue working on her expressions, etc. Her spiral was a bit :hopelessness:, but well, that's on her list of things to work on I hope? Good to see her 3Lz-3T back.

It looks like S.Korean Nationals will be one to watch; barring implosions, the top 2 is between her and Soyoun for sure. It's interesting how (at this comp) the top 3 and down was dominated by the youngsters. At Nats, Youngyou will be competing at Seniors, right? So factoring her in, and Sohyun, and everyone else, the battle for the top 10 would be :popcorn:.

EDIT: I've found the SP results for those who wish to view it.

Last edited:

paperhearts

Final Flight
Congrats to Dabin for her 2nd National silver! She should be going to Sr Worlds, right? Props to her for holding her own against a difficult field! Wow at the South Korean field now, the competition was very tight and exciting. :clap: Even though she didn't win, 2nd is still a pretty huge thing. Congrats again!

I've also updated the OP to include her SP. :) I still haven't found a copy of her FS but I'll add it once it surfaces.

gourry

Final Flight
:clap: Yes she deserves some props, doesn't she? Her mental toughness and steady improvement is remarkable.
I just hope she can meet a program that really fits her so that she blossoms and becomes truly enjoyable and memorable skater. I'm not sure what kind of program it should be though.... Maybe something like Miki Ando's Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence? Miki was never an expressive skater but I really enjoyed that program of her.

paperhearts

Final Flight
:clap: Yes she deserves some props, doesn't she? Her mental toughness and steady improvement is remarkable.
I just hope she can meet a program that really fits her so that she blossoms and becomes truly enjoyable and memorable skater. I'm not sure what kind of program it should be though.... Maybe something like Miki Ando's Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence? Miki was never an expressive skater but I really enjoyed that program of her.

Agreed, she needs that program to really turn some heads and show she's evolved from being just a technical skater. Her team seems to be working on bringing her out of her shell with her SP music choice but I don't think that particular music fits her too well.

dna5019

Final Flight
I believe she can land in the top 10 as long as she's clean! Good luck and congrats, Da Bin! :cheer: