2 Na hyun Kim 57.26 (2000.01.03)
3 Ji hyun Byun 55.30 (1999.03.09)
4 Sena Kim 53.83 (1999.09.30)
5 Hee soo Cho 48.47 (2000.01.11)
6 Suh hyun Son 42.04 (1999.09.07)
7 Harim Youn 36.15 (1999.10.06)
8 Won hee Choi 33.23 (1998.06.27)
* Protocols)[/U][/I]

Quoting Hailey Shin's post from the South Korean Other Comps thread to bring news of Dabin winning the short in the Winter Sports Competition! She's the only one who beat 60, I think. :) She went clean it seems, with all spins Level 4 and the StepSeq Level 3. Congrats and good luck in the Free!

While looking at the protocols, I only realized that 3Lz-3T is higher in BV than 3Lo-3Lo (by Nahyun Kim) but 0.10. :eek: Maybe it's just me, but I feel like the value of the loop should be higher; loop combos seem harder to do because you don't have the leisure of time to do the 2nd jump and it's harder to ratify too. Anyway, just some thoughts, haha. Looking at the scores, I think the technical panel was more lenient with levels being that only one skater got a Level 2 and many got Level 3s and 4s.

Also, a very late happy birthday to Dabin! Her birthday was last month, oop. Anyway, hope for more happy birthdays to come!

Hailey Shin

Medalist
Quoting Hailey Shin's post from the South Korean Other Comps thread to bring news of Dabin winning the short in the Winter Sports Competition! She's the only one who beat 60, I think. :) She went clean it seems, with all spins Level 4 and the StepSeq Level 3. Congrats and good luck in the Free!

While looking at the protocols, I only realized that 3Lz-3T is higher in BV than 3Lo-3Lo (by Nahyun Kim) but 0.10. :eek: Maybe it's just me, but I feel like the value of the loop should be higher; loop combos seem harder to do because you don't have the leisure of time to do the 2nd jump and it's harder to ratify too. Anyway, just some thoughts, haha. Looking at the scores, I think the technical panel was more lenient with levels being that only one skater got a Level 2 and many got Level 3s and 4s.

Also, a very late happy birthday to Dabin! Her birthday was last month, oop. Anyway, hope for more happy birthdays to come!

She got birthday cake pic on her instagram when she was a birthday girl last month! :biggrin:
How lovely.

dna5019

Final Flight
Choi Da Bin should be very proud of herself. Top 10 and a clean short! Best of luck for her FS! :cheer:

gourry

Final Flight
Clean skate on her first senior sp! She should be proud of her performance :)

Choi Da Bin should be very proud of herself. Top 10 and a clean short! Best of luck for her FS! :cheer:

Ditto! To me she looked kind of nervous in the beginning but nonetheless she went clean yet again. That's impressive quality.

She is only 16 and still quite short so my guess is that she hasn't gone through puberty yet. I wish her best with body change, and hopefully her team will find a style that suits her best within next couple of years. She is not a naturally artistic skater but she's working hard and the improvement is very evident. She used to be a terrible performer but now she is an average performer at least.
Sarah Meier, Laura Lepisto, Kiira Korpi, Kimmie Meissner, Miki Ando, these are some skaters off the top of my head who were kinda stiff to varying degree but still enjoyable. Study them shamelessly!!!:p With right style and right choreography, I believe Dabin could be an enjoyable one to watch too. :)

MiRé

Match Penalty
She should be very proud of herself after the FS. She had 3rd highest TES in this competition, and while I thought her PCS was lowballed, rewatching her SP made me realize she has a lot to improve. Good thing is, she's pretty consistent, and has the jumps. She really needs to work on her choreography and interpretation, and sorry to say, but her SP music is just :curse:

clippers8200

On the Ice
SY drew for her in the SP draw today and drew #2 for DaBin :drama:
Hope she skates cleanly as she's been doing in practice!

paperhearts

Final Flight
Best of luck Dabin! Currently warming up as we speak. :) EDIT: Up next now!

EDIT #2: It's so late here now and I have to go to bed because I'm waking up early tomorrow, but congrats Dabin on a clean SP on your Sr. Worlds debut! Now, hopefully she qualifies for the Free and continues landing her jumps.

Last edited:

s_parks

Record Breaker
I really want better packaging and coaching situation for her, but props to her for delivering a clean short in her first worlds! Hope she keeps up this consistency.

gourry

Final Flight
2016-2017 New Program
SP : Mambo choreo. Pasquale Camelengo
FS : Doctor Zhivago choreo. Pasquale Camelengo

Mambo.... *gasp*:shocked: I'm quite nervous. And a bit excited at the same time. Maybe, surprisingly, unexpectedly it may suit her.
Dr Zhivago seems a bit safer choice of the two.

I like Dabin and reaaaaaaaally hope her to find a style that fits her like a glove and makes her shine. Miki did it partially. Yulia did it very successfully. Gracie is getting there. I believe it's possible for Dabin to blossom into a good performer. Just find the right vehicle....

gourry

Final Flight
Just watched Dabin's US international classic competition, and I'm really impressed! I think this is it. Dabin's break through season. :hap10: :D She improved her presentation so much this season! I was worried about her SP music choice, but she proved me very wrong with this program. I find this program very pleasing to watch! Still I wouldn't say Dabin is one of the most expressive and artistic skaters out there, and I honestly don't think that day will ever come, but now she is PLEASING TO WATCH!!!!! OMG I'm so thrilled. :laugh::laugh:
Since I know how bad she was as a performer, and since I'm witnessing how much she progresses each season, I cannot help but loving her. I have a soft spot for hard working underdogs. GO Dabin!! And kudos Camelengo!

Last edited:

andyjo24

Medalist
41 PCS for Dabin in her FS. Ouch. I don't like the program at all, but 41 PCS :palmf:

I agree the 41 was very harsh. It wasn't a good skate for her, but I still deserved she deserved a 46 at the very lowest.

As for the program, I am not a fan of it, but I definitely do some improvements compared to last year. Her arm movements have become more smooth.

I wonder if she is going through some growth pains right now because she isn't as consistent as she used to be. Whatever it is, I hope she overcomes it.

andyjo24

Medalist
Just watched Dabin's US international classic competition, and I'm really impressed! I think this is it. Dabin's break through season. :hap10: :D She improved her presentation so much this season! I was worried about her SP music choice, but she proved me very wrong with this program. I find this program very pleasing to watch! Still I wouldn't say Dabin is one of the most expressive and artistic skaters out there, and I honestly don't think that day will ever come, but now she is PLEASING TO WATCH!!!!! OMG I'm so thrilled. :laugh::laugh:
Since I know how bad she was as a performer, and since I'm witnessing how much she progresses each season, I cannot help but loving her. I have a soft spot for hard working underdogs. GO Dabin!! And kudos Camelengo!

I agree that her SP is definitely an improvement. But she needs to shake it a little more to capture the eyes of the judges. It would probably be a good idea for her to watch Sean Rabbitt's FS to the same music. He really sells it.