Lina Fedorova & Maxim Miroshkin - ret. after 2014/15 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Lina Fedorova & Maxim Miroshkin - ret. after 2014/15

The Finn

Record Breaker
There is a rumor that Lina is switching to ice dancing. Don't know if there is any truth to that but it would be highly surprising move by Lina if that is true. First she waited a year and then switched to ice dancing.

adelia

Record Breaker
There is a rumor that Lina is switching to ice dancing. Don't know if there is any truth to that but it would be highly surprising move by Lina if that is true. First she waited a year and then switched to ice dancing.
It's true. Miroshkin hasn't trained since he got injured, their partnership has ended.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker

Wow. Good luck to her. Because with double jumps and always Fedorova's falls, they haven't perspectives. But their programs, their feelings on the ice - that was absolutely awesome. They was much better than many russian pairs in that case. I will miss.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Lina's looking for a new partner: http://icepartnersearch.com/showbio.php?i=5655 In Ice Dance. But people who know her presonally say that she stays in Pairs and it's a mistake.

She's okay with changing country, but trainings only in Moscow. Poor Max. I really thought he was the most perspective partner in Russian junior pairs. Damn. I really hope he will recover and continue to skate.

Last edited:

Spiral

Final Flight
Lina's looking for a new partner: http://icepartnersearch.com/showbio.php?i=5655 In Ice Dance. But people who know her presonally say that she stays in Pairs and it's a mistake.

She's okay with changing country, but trainings only in Moscow. Poor Max. I really thought he was the most perspective partner in Russian junior pairs. Damn. I really hope he will recover and continue to skate.

Thanks for the info! I'm also sorry for Maxim, but I don't understand about Lina: if she's staying in pairs, why is she looking for a partner in ice dance? I also wonder if there are cases of successful ice dancers who started ID at this age?

sarama

Medalist
Without SBS triples their opportunities in Russia would have been very limited. Still I loved them and their uniqueness and I will miss their awesome SBS Biellmann. I wish them both the best of luck!

sneakers

Match Penalty

hanca

Record Breaker
So Fedorova waited for Miroshkin for a year and when he came back, he dumped her?

hanca

Record Breaker
Yugai is born 2002, Miroshkin in 1994, so another partnership with 8 years difference.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Does anyone know exactly what happened with this team? Was it a case that she waited for a year for Maxim and once he recovered he dumped her or they waited for the year and her triple jumps were still missing and they then decided to split? I would hope it's the second option. As much as I like this pair I never felt Lena was going to get any triple jumps and without them they are not going to be competitive in a very crowd Russian pairs field. I enjoyed watching this pairs over the years, wishing them both the best in their skating future.

I wonder what is Yugai's skating history, does she have triples, is she new to pairs.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Yeah, I wonder what happened. I wouldn't at all be surprised if she still didn't have her triples. Even in a year, getting two different ones(and one in combo) isn't easy at 18, especially since it's pretty clear she's not a natural jumping talent. It's too bad since I loved the two together, but if this is the case(likely, tbh), I also don't blame maxim at all.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
What senior male pairs skater wants someone with no triples?

So what...you think she should give up and just retire now? At 18? :laugh: She had gotten offers from other people when Max was injured, so obviously someone would like to skate with her. She may not be able to skate for Russia, but there are plenty of countries that would be glad to have someone like her.