Broadmoor Open Webcast? | Golden Skate

Broadmoor Open Webcast?

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Per an email just received from Wheat Designs, they will not be web casting the Broadmoor Open this year.

:confused2:Anyone have more info?

I just wrote to the press contact and will let you know what I find out.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I got that email too.

As I just posted in the Jason thread, I simply cannot imagine that there won't be a stream. Tom Z and co have put way too much time, effort and money into the jump event for it to be invisible. I hope there's news soon.

Maybe it will be on IceNetwork?

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I got that email too.

As I just posted in the Jason thread, I simply cannot imagine that there won't be a stream. Tom Z and co have put way too much time, effort and money into the jump event for it to be invisible. I hope there's news soon.

Maybe it will be on IceNetwork?

Karne I thought of you as soon as I got the email !

I checked ice network and they show no events for June, but perhaps details are being ironed out.

The Freezer Aerial Challenge has a FB page and has tweeted a few things so maybe they will have info.

breathesgelatin

Final Flight

I checked ice network and they show no events for June, but perhaps details are being ironed out.

The Freezer Aerial Challenge has a FB page and has tweeted a few things so maybe they will have info.

There have been summer comps added at the last minute before. Here's hoping!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
There have been summer comps added at the last minute before. Here's hoping!

Only Summer B comp they added last year was Glacier Falls and that was on-demand after the fact. I don't recall if they offered and live streaming for senior B's....

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Only Summer B comp they added last year was Glacier Falls and that was on-demand after the fact. I don't recall if they offered and live streaming for senior B's....

No live feed that I remember but I believe I watched Jason shortly after on a few poster's dropboxes :biggrin:

Or was that Glacier Falls? Maybe it was Max videos. Ah...who can keep them all straight? I think I know someone competing at Broadmoor again this year so I'll keep an eye on it for certain. That's as loose as my lips will get.

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
No live feed but I believe I watched Jason and Polina shortly after on a few poster's dropboxes :biggrin:

Or was that Glacier Falls? Maybe it was Max videos. Ah...who can keep them all straight? I think I know someone competing at Broadmore again this year so I'll keep an eye on it for certain. That's as loose as my lips will get.

FYI, Polina Edmunds did not compete at the 2014 Broadmoor Open.
www.broadmoorskatingclub.com/2014 BOIJSWA.pdf (14 pages; see p. 7 and p. 12 for Senior Ladies results)​

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Good news! Nikki Frick, the PR contact, just told me that they are in the process of approving a new streaming service. I will post as soon as I find out more. Nikki also said she will post updated information on twitter and Facebook.

Edited to correct my abysmal spelling. ;)

Last edited:

aromaticchicken

On the Ice
papagena said:
Good news! Nikki Frick, the PR contact, just told me that they are in the process of approving a new steaming service. I will post as soon as I find out more. Nikki also said she will post updated information on twitter and Facebook.

Woohoo! Thanks for sleuthing!

sk8dad2010

Spectator

I heard that the Club was in negations with Ice Network for Freezer and that Wheat Designs would have to go "dark" for the Finals.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I heard that the Club was in negations with Ice Network for Freezer and that Wheat Designs would have to go "dark" for the Finals.

Thanks for the info! I hope they broadcast all of the senior events & not just the aerial challenge. I guess we'll know soon!

Celine

On the Ice
Thanks for the info! I hope they broadcast all of the senior events & not just the aerial challenge. I guess we'll know soon!

The aerial challenge seems designed with the express purpose of attracting fan interest in the sport. If there is no opportunity to view the event outside of the arena, then I would consider it disappointing, and more candidly, a huge strategic planning FAIL.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
She also tweeted that to accommodate streaming they now have a new Facebook page:

https://twitter.com/aerialchallenge/status/610878357069279233

So I guess the good news is that there will be streaming. What's unclear is why they would need a new Facebook page to do it unless they will host the stream there (is that possible?). ;)

ETA Karne I also hope we'll get the rest if the open and it's a bit unclear to me. I found her contact info on the Broadmoor Open page, so I hope so, at least for the senior events. But since her twitter & Facebook accounts only reference the jumps contest I'm a bit concerned.

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yes, the part about the new Facebook page intrigued me. I've never heard of an event requiring a Facebook page to live stream. Even when ISV had to get social media support for Australian Nationals to be streamed live on Youtube all they needed was subscribers to the channel.

I think earlier in the thread one of the references was to "the club" negotiating with IceNetwork. That would be the Broadmoor Skating Club, I guess, and since they're hosting the whole event, I imagine the negotiations would include the other events.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Freezer IceChallenge ‏@AerialChallenge
There will NOT be video streaming of our event. However, stay in tune to @icenetwork for live blog coverage and a video recap following!
5:33 PM - 19 Jun 2015
https://twitter.com/AerialChallenge/status/612055737892671488

Not clear whether the tweet applies also to the rest of the Broadmoor Open.

Yes I agree it's unclear from the tweet, but we ready know that Wheat Designs, who formerly did the live stream, isn't doing it, and there's been no affirmative mention of anyone else.

When I originally contacted her I asked about both events and she didn't say one way or the other I got her contact info on the Broadmoor Open event page.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Yes I agree it's unclear from the tweet, but we ready know that Wheat Designs, who formerly did the live stream, isn't doing it, and there's been no affirmative mention of anyone else.

When I originally contacted her I asked about both events and she didn't say one way or the other I got her contact info on the Broadmoor Open event page.

I was/am well aware re the Wheat Designs e-mail about this year.

Those who want to extrapolate from the tweet are free to do so. But my intentional choice was not to do so for them.