Nicole Della Monica & Matteo Guarise | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Nicole Della Monica & Matteo Guarise

Sk8swan

On the Ice
Too bad about the mistakes in the free... they are soo beautiful to watch in that program...

ragdoll

On the Ice
They have been skating for a long time and have often been unlucky so I was hoping they would finally make it to the podium but it was not to happen.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
The ISU has published a lovely feature about Nicole and Matteo:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
The ISU has published a lovely feature about Nicole and Matteo:
Very symapthetic pair (y)

Andrea82

Medalist
They gave a nice and tearful post-FS interview on Italian TV

They said they will decide if they go to Worlds after coming home from Beijing.

A rough translation of some parts of the interview:

Nicole: "lots of emotions. I think it can be seen, I still can't stop crying. We are happy, as we said yesterday, we wanted to enjoy it and I think we did it. Yes, there has been some imprecisions, but in the end I was happy that tonight we had another opportunity to skate again with Matteo. And I will take it home this good memory regardless of the result because this is what matters.

Journalist says "last Olympic togehter..."

Matteo replies "yes, it was a very particular evening. Not only the last Olympic together but maybe the last competition. As you can see, it is always difficult to say goodbye to this beautiful sport [he starts crying]. To all people who met in our journey, we have faced many troubles, but we always went out with our heads held high. For us today it was a special evening regardless of points and results".

Nicole "in the end it has been a positive experience. Regardless of this season, in 10 years, we had many good results, we achieved many goals. We can't not being happy. I will bring in the heart with me all what we did together, good and bad, because also obstacles will be useful for the futures"

Matteo "now we need a break. We need to think about what to do with Worlds. We are not sure. We go back home and in front of a coffee we will decide".

Last edited: