Charlene Guignard & Marco Fabbri | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Charlene Guignard & Marco Fabbri

rosacotton

Final Flight
Congrats Charlene and Marco! Only the third Italian ice dance team to medal at the GPF. Well done.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congratulations guys!!!! I was crying with Charlene! They've waited so long for this and it's finally happening! And congrats to their coaches as well!

deedee1

Record Breaker
:hap93::hap93::hap93: MANY CONGRATS for their podium finish at GPF!!! :hb: I'm over the moon for them! :yahoo:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
About 2 or 3 weeks ago, I started rewatching programs to do the prelim PBPs and to actually see them as a whole dance and not just elements. And I rewatched both of G/F's programs, and each time I did I really began to think these are the two best dances they've had in what is now a rather long career. They've always been in the shadow of Anna and Luca. And they've worked their way up from the bottom tier to the middle tier to the second tier. And you can see the work.

And here they are, on the podium at the Grand Prix Final. :yes2:

So, I let myself forget that they are dancing to one of the newest horses in the Stable WarHorse and let myself be charmed by their FD. It really is like something out of a classic MGM musical--a style I wish more teams would embrace. There's so much more to the Golden Age of Hollywood Musicals than Fred and Ginger.

Here's to G & F. I'm genuinely thrilled for you both. And Charlene's reaction in the K&C was just as charming as the FD. :)

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
After eight seasons labouring in the shadow of Cappellini and Lanotte, it's wonderful to see them finally take center stage.

deedee1

Record Breaker
About 2 or 3 weeks ago, I started rewatching programs to do the prelim PBPs and to actually see them as a whole dance and not just elements. And I rewatched both of G/F's programs, and each time I did I really began to think these are the two best dances they've had in what is now a rather long career. They've always been in the shadow of Anna and Luca. And they've worked their way up from the bottom tier to the middle tier to the second tier. And you can see the work.

And here they are, on the podium at the Grand Prix Final. :yes2:

So, I let myself forget that they are dancing to one of the newest horses in the Stable WarHorse and let myself be charmed by their FD. It really is like something out of a classic MGM musical--a style I wish more teams would embrace. There's so much more to the Golden Age of Hollywood Musicals than Fred and Ginger.

Here's to G & F. I'm genuinely thrilled for you both. And Charlene's reaction in the K&C was just as charming as the FD. :)

:yes: Most heart-warming moment for me during the entire GPF was reactions of Charlene, Marco and their coaches, esp. Barbara Fusar-Poli in the K&C! :agree: Barbara hasn't changed/aged a bit since her competitive days, has she?! She is young and adorable forever.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Italian national champions at last -- now the announcers no longer have to refer to them as eight-time silver medalists.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Vimeo has deleted all of my videos :( , so send me a PM if you'd like a temporary download link for the GPF Gala.

rosacotton

Final Flight
They did it!!!!! So happy for them. Their reactions to the score brought tears to my eyes.

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Congratulations to Charlene and Marco on their win at Lombardia Trophy, and with a great score too, only .44 from their PB! :yahoo:

Looking forward to seeing how their programs develop over the rest of the season!