Tiffani Zagorski & Jonathan Guerreiro | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Tiffani Zagorski & Jonathan Guerreiro

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Wow, what a great news!
Maybe they'll skate at some of the B events? :)

Pika

Final Flight
This is a huge relief !! As Mattieu said it was at least ONE good news after the terrible announcement of the Spanish Team :hopelessness:
But let's celebrate about THIS !
I hope they get an assignment very soon I can't wait to see them on the international stage !! They could be the actual troublemakers in the Russian team.
Go Tiff & Jon !!! :cheer:

tulosai

Record Breaker
I hope they get an assignment very soon I can't wait to see them on the international stage !! They could be the actual troublemakers in the Russian team.
Go Tiff & Jon !!! :cheer:

It's not an international assignment, but word on the street is that they will now be at the Russia Cup at the end of this month, so we should be able to see them then!

Pika

Final Flight
It's not an international assignment, but word on the street is that they will now be at the Russia Cup at the end of this month, so we should be able to see them then!

I heard about this I really hope we will!

The Finn

Record Breaker
Wow, what a great news!
Maybe they'll skate at some of the B events? :)

They really should skate some B events because if they want to get an GP assignment(s) next year they need to score high scores at international events this season.

Alba

Record Breaker

I'm really looking forward to see their new programs. I like the choice of their programs.

Snow63

Record Breaker

Yay! :cheer:

Mattieu

Medalist
Interesting, my boyfriend was talking to someone from the FFSG about Zahorski's release and she said it was an exchange with a Russian skater!
That would explain why she was released and Bruno was not released which I find very random.
This is all so messy and anti-competitive, the FFSG should be black listed for holding back the sport.

Last edited:

Pika

Final Flight
Interesting, my boyfriend was talking to someone from the FFSG about Zahorski's release and she said it was an exchange with a Russian skater!
That would explain why she was released and Bruno was not released which I find very random.
This is all so messy and anti-competitive, the FFSG should be black listed for holding back the sport.

I guess Russia has a big enough pool to do this type of exchange but yes, the principle is totally anti-competitive. It's like considering skaters as merchandises which is quite close to slavery.

tulosai

Record Breaker

This would not surprise me at all, or even if Russia had gone to them and said this is a list of all the skaters we have released to you. If you want us to ever release one again, give her to us.

I also think the release might just have been about timing though- she is reportedly about to get the Russian citizenship at which point France would have no say anway. Possibly they decided to 'generously' release her to show they are so accommodating after all, knowing she was going to have the citizenship soon either way.

Either way the important think is it's done.

Alba

Record Breaker
So now they can be included in the Team for Euros or Worlds, right?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i have never seen them skate together... has anyone have? are they competitive in a strong Russian Ice dance field? I mean, if they don't have a bright future, that also could explain why France released her.

Alba

Record Breaker
i have never seen them skate together... has anyone have? are they competitive in a strong Russian Ice dance field? I mean, if they don't have a bright future, that also could explain why France released her.

France don't have enough good couples to fill their spots. They are pushing the juniors. I doubt they think Z&G have no future since they are very good and France would've loved to have them but I doubt Guerriero would've been released and also Russia do support them more financially. I like them very much and they are my second favorite Russian team, after IZ. They skated in Russian Nationals last season, there are videos on youtube. Check their SD in particular, Paso, because it was a very good program. They deserved to be above Sinitsina&Katsalapov there. They had a higher TES also.

Last edited:

Snow63

Record Breaker

They're awesome. I'm not sure they're ready to podium at Nationals, though. But they definitely are competitive.

Like Alba said, watch their SD video from Nationals of the last season :)

Edit: and her accent in Russian is SOOOOO cute :laugh:

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker

As Alba says, no. France refused to release her for almost 4 years because she is very good. He is also very good- a former worlds junior silver and bronze medalist though he has yet to truly break through on the senior level. As a team they were 5th at Russian Nationals last year, and are potentially competitive for the third spot on Russian teams at this point- I would not say it's clear that any teams other than B/S and I/K are currently better than them in Russia, but we'll have to see more this fall to know for sure.

Either way these two do have potential, it is very exciting that she's released.

Last edited:

Mattieu

Medalist

No, Zahorski was definitely released as an exchange for a Russian skater, the FFSG representative was categoric about that being the reason for her release.