Tiffani Zagorski & Jonathan Guerreiro | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Tiffani Zagorski & Jonathan Guerreiro

tulosai

Record Breaker
I bet the new slave of FFSG is one of the young russian ladies, no names were named, of course. But who else it can be?

You mean a singles skater? I highly doubt Russia would trade a young singles skater away... they do have a lot of depth but there is no way to tell who at that age will blossom, and on top of this the person would need to want to go to France, which just strikes me as unlikely, though not impossible.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
You mean a singles skater? I highly doubt Russia would trade a young singles skater away... they do have a lot of depth but there is no way to tell who at that age will blossom, and on top of this the person would need to want to go to France, which just strikes me as unlikely, though not impossible.

Not a very young lady then :biggrin: Who knows?

Alba

Record Breaker
No, Zahorski was definitely released as an exchange for a Russian skater, the FFSG representative was categoric about that being the reason for her release.

I very much doubt that was the real reason. This is just to save face, I agree with Tulosai. Tiffany will get the Russian passport in the end and therefore the French Federation would've been left with nothing, so why not release her now and get one skater and also probably their vote for Didier as President of ISU, which I suspect it's the most important thing for him anyway.

Mattieu

Medalist
I very much doubt that was the real reason. This is just to save face, I agree with Tulosai. Tiffany will get the Russian passport in the end and therefore the French Federation would've been left with nothing, so why not release her now and get one skater and also probably their vote for Didier as President of ISU, which I suspect it's the most important thing for him anyway.

No, my boyfriend has just asked the FFSG connection again.
She said it was the pairs skater that used to skate for France with Daria Popova.
How strange, didn't they do a international for France?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
At some point they will create & update their ISU bio, I suppose, and then we will be sure.

Alba

Record Breaker
No, my boyfriend has just asked the FFSG connection again.
She said it was the pairs skater that used to skate for France with Daria Popova.
How strange, didn't they do a international for France?

Andrei Novoselov? According to his wiki and ISU they intended to but they didn't. I still don't believe he's the reason for her release though. Novoselov was about to represent Romania with his ex partner Novik in 2013, which means he already had the okay from the Russian Fed. to go. Besides, Tiffany for Novoselov? No way. ;)

So, is he still in partnership with Esbrat?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
thank you… i will youtube them… and watch their paso… :) I think I should have phrased my commented differently… i wasn't so much after why she finally has been released but I wanted to know if they could podium in Russia and get to the WC and even contend for top 10… because honestly, going through everything she has gone through, if she is not even a contender, it seems really too much pain…
France don't have enough good couples to fill their spots. They are pushing the juniors. I doubt they think Z&G have no future since they are very good and France would've loved to have them but I doubt Guerriero would've been released and also Russia do support them more financially. I like them very much and they are my second favorite Russian team, after IZ. They skated in Russian Nationals last season, there are videos on youtube. Check their SD in particular, Paso, because it was a very good program. They deserved to be above Sinitsina&Katsalapov there. They had a higher TES also.

They're awesome. I'm not sure they're ready to podium at Nationals, though. But they definitely are competitive.

Like Alba said, watch their SD video from Nationals of the last season :)

Edit: and her accent in Russian is SOOOOO cute :laugh:

As Alba says, no. France refused to release her for almost 4 years because she is very good. He is also very good- a former worlds junior silver and bronze medalist though he has yet to truly break through on the senior level. As a team they were 5th at Russian Nationals last year, and are potentially competitive for the third spot on Russian teams at this point- I would not say it's clear that any teams other than B/S and I/K are currently better than them in Russia, but we'll have to see more this fall to know for sure.

Either way these two do have potential, it is very exciting that she's released.

No, Zahorski was definitely released as an exchange for a Russian skater, the FFSG representative was categoric about that being the reason for her release.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Just watched their SD.. yup… they are very good… and actually, very well matched physically…. let's wish them lots of successes!

Alba

Record Breaker
i wasn't so much after why she finally has been released but I wanted to know if they could podium in Russia and get to the WC and even contend for top 10… because honestly, going through everything she has gone through, if she is not even a contender, it seems really too much pain…

Absolutely. I think they will make the podium in Russia. Maybe France would've been a bit easier but you never know with the president they have. He can also destroy you and dictate where to go and with whom to train without even giving you much support. In anycase she didn't have good partner for her there. I think they will do very well.

chameleon

On the Ice
I don't know if they will make the podium in Russia- I haven't seen them since December, and there are five teams fighting for that third spot. But they could medal in Russia, they looked good last December, and depending on their programs and how much progress they've made they could be strong contenders for the podium. I don't think they'll make it to Worlds this year with only two spots, but next year is a definite possibility.

Mattieu

Medalist
Andrei Novoselov? According to his wiki and ISU they intended to but they didn't. I still don't believe he's the reason for her release though. Novoselov was about to represent Romania with his ex partner Novik in 2013, which means he already had the okay from the Russian Fed. to go. Besides, Tiffany for Novoselov? No way. ;)

So, is he still in partnership with Esbrat?

Yes, he is still in partnership with Lola, and they looked to have a lot of potential at Masters.
I am excited that we have 3 pairs teams, at least one part of French skating is in the good direction! :cheer:

You need to get the release from the last country you represented.
If it is correct you say he never competed for Romania then the release would be needed to come from Russia not Romania.
It would be surprising if the Russian Federation released him at the time he competed with Daria in early 2015, as Zahorski wrote that she waited 16 months for her release.
Daria and Novoselov did compete together for France, in the Challenge Cup, Hague ;)

At some point they will create & update their ISU bio, I suppose, and then we will be sure.

Yes, this would confirm the story.
Time will reveal all I suspect

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
I don't know if they will make the podium in Russia- I haven't seen them since December, and there are five teams fighting for that third spot. But they could medal in Russia, they looked good last December, and depending on their programs and how much progress they've made they could be strong contenders for the podium. I don't think they'll make it to Worlds this year with only two spots, but next year is a definite possibility.

100% agree with all of this.

Mattieu

Medalist
100% agree with all of this.

I'm not so sure, the competition in Russia is so strong, I think they will be 6 or 7 in RN this season.
The Russian's are not very fond of 'foreigners' so they will not be pushed as an all Russian team would be.

Last edited:

uhh

Medalist
I'm not so sure, the competition in Russia is so strong, I think they will be 6 or 7 in RN this season.
The Russian's are not very fond of 'foreigners' so they will not be pushed as an all Russian team would be.

I don't know - they got very good scores when they skated in Russian Cup events, and there's been a lot of positive comments in the media from federation officials about them. General consensus is that they were held down a little at Nats last year because there was no chance for them to compete internationally that year. A lot will depend on how other teams do on the GP - if S/K have improved and get their TES minimums, I agree there would be little chance for Z/G to get much backing, but if S/K are still struggling, and depending on how S/B's injury is, they have a decent chance, especially if they can post decent scores at a senior B or challenger event.

Mattieu

Medalist
I don't know - they got very good scores when they skated in Russian Cup events, and there's been a lot of positive comments in the media from federation officials about them. General consensus is that they were held down a little at Nats last year because there was no chance for them to compete internationally that year. A lot will depend on how other teams do on the GP - if S/K have improved and get their TES minimums, I agree there would be little chance for Z/G to get much backing, but if S/K are still struggling, and depending on how S/B's injury is, they have a decent chance, especially if they can post decent scores at a senior B or challenger event.

I hope you are correct as Zahorski sure deserves a break after suffering at the hands of our monster president.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I just want to say I strongly do not think they will be held down because they are not natively Russian. Russia is trying to get her citizenship and she is anticipated to have it by the end of the year. But the real truth is that Russia is a lean, mean results machine. They will push these two the same as they'd push any native skaters if they think they have what it takes to get the results. If they push them less than some people or have seemed to I think it's simply because they are not yet known quantities. Let them get a high senior B score and a few GP medals next year (for example) and the'll get pushed as much as any other Russian team with the same results.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Anyone can say what do they have to do to get a GP event next season? I'm not counting for their participation at Euros and Worlds.