Tiffani Zagorski & Jonathan Guerreiro | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Tiffani Zagorski & Jonathan Guerreiro

tulosai

Record Breaker
Anyone can say what do they have to do to get a GP event next season? I'm not counting for their participation at Euros and Worlds.

To be guaranteed one they have to compete internationally and score top 25 on the seasons best list, but realistically to get just one they have to compete internationally and probably get above about 30 on the seasons best list, OR Russia could name them to the host spot, which I expect will happen if it turns out that they can't get a spot any other way.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
To be guaranteed one they have to compete internationally and score top 25 on the seasons best list, but realistically to get just one they have to compete internationally and probably get above about 30 on the seasons best list, OR Russia could name them to the host spot, which I expect will happen if it turns out that they can't get a spot any other way.

Thanks tulosai. I think it's possible, but they need to skate internationally, that's the problem.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Thanks tulosai. I think it's possible, but they need to skate internationally, that's the problem.

I think that Russia is using the Russia Cup as a test skate of sorts. I think if they do well there Russia will get them an assignment this year, probably Golden Spin.

Alba

Record Breaker
Yes, he is still in partnership with Lola, and they looked to have a lot of potential at Masters.
I am excited that we have 3 pairs teams, at least one part of French skating is in the good direction! :cheer:

Who's the third Pair? You mean S&M or somebody I can't remember now?

You need to get the release from the last country you represented.
If it is correct you say he never competed for Romania then the release would be needed to come from Russia not Romania.
It would be surprising if the Russian Federation released him at the time he competed with Daria in early 2015, as Zahorski wrote that she waited 16 months for her release.
Daria and Novoselov did compete together for France, in the Challenge Cup, Hague ;)

No you're correct. I didn't mean that he was already released by Russia back then, but he must've had their informal okay.

I just want to say I strongly do not think they will be held down because they are not natively Russian. Russia is trying to get her citizenship and she is anticipated to have it by the end of the year. But the real truth is that Russia is a lean, mean results machine. They will push these two the same as they'd push any native skaters if they think they have what it takes to get the results. If they push them less than some people or have seemed to I think it's simply because they are not yet known quantities. Let them get a high senior B score and a few GP medals next year (for example) and the'll get pushed as much as any other Russian team with the same results.

I agree.

Mattieu

Medalist
Who's the third Pair? You mean S&M or somebody I can't remember now?

We have 3 pairs teams :)
Vanessa & Morgan
Camille Mendoza & Pavel Kovalev
Lola Esbrat & Andrei Novoselov

No you're correct. I didn't mean that he was already released by Russia back then, but he must've had their informal okay.

To do an international you need to be released, an informal OK would only be enough for national competitions not internationals.

Last edited:

Alba

Record Breaker
We have 3 pairs teams :)
Vanessa & Morgan
Camille Mendoza & Pavel Kovalev
Lola Esbrat & Andrei Novoselov

Uh, I don't remember Mendoza&Kovalev. It seems I need to see some videos

To do an international you need to be released, an informal OK would only be enough for national competitions not internationals.

I know that. Maybe I'm not expressing myself well enough. I guess what I'm trying to say is that Russia didn't have any intention to keep him at any cost since he was about to skate for Romania even before France, although in the end he did not and he paired with Daria who was skating for France. So, in short I do not believe for a second that France released Tiffany just because Russia gave them Novoselov. ;)

hanca

Record Breaker
Uh, I don't remember Mendoza&Kovalev. It seems I need to see some videos

I know that. Maybe I'm not expressing myself well enough. I guess what I'm trying to say is that Russia didn't have any intention to keep him at any cost since he was about to skate for Romania even before France, although in the end he did not and he paired with Daria who was skating for France. So, in short I do not believe for a second that France released Tiffany just because Russia gave them Novoselov. ;)
I am more curious about why would Russia release him at the time when France was already dragging their feet to release Zahorski. If Novoselov competed internationally nearly a year ago, it means that he would have been released at that time. Why, when Zahorski was waiting for her release? Why would Zahorski be released only now, if it was exchange? It doesn't seem to make sense.

Last edited:

Mattieu

Medalist

Why not?
Both of them had very similar junior results, and neither of them did much at Senior level.
Novoselov is more value to France as the number 2 pairs team than Zahorski to Russia as their number 6 or 7 dance team.

Besides, the FFSG lady presented the exchange as a fact, not as a hypothesis.
I am not in the habit of spreading rumours, I wait until they are facts.
The FFSG themselves says there was an exchange, so it is a fact.

Also, just because Russia was happy to let him skate for Romania, doesn't mean they were happy to release him to France, especially since at the time Zahorski was waiting for release.

Last edited:

MarieM

On the Ice
I concur with Mattieu. Tiffany was released for Novoselov. That means he never had a release before that point according to my own source.

uhh

Medalist
But he competed at Challenge Cup with Daria, so he must have had a release.

hanca

Record Breaker
But he competed at Challenge Cup with Daria, so he must have had a release.

Are you really, really sure about that? After all, ISU let three Chinese pairs compete at junior worlds a few years ago when they were supposed to have only two spots. They found out only after they all skated. In comparison with that, a small senior B competition... I wonder if it was hushed up. I think it would be really good if we could find out when exactly Novoselov got his release. Because if he really was swapped for Zahorski, it seems that French federation tried to do something dodgy by sending Novoselov compete without release, and it seems that ISU let them get away with it.

Mattieu

Medalist
Are you really, really sure about that? After all, ISU let three Chinese pairs compete at junior worlds a few years ago when they were supposed to have only two spots. They found out only after they all skated. In comparison with that, a small senior B competition... I wonder if it was hushed up. I think it would be really good if we could find out when exactly Novoselov got his release. Because if he really was swapped for Zahorski, it seems that French federation tried to do something dodgy by sending Novoselov compete without release, and it seems that ISU let them get away with it.

This is what a lot of other people are questioning why would he need a release when he already competed for France with Daria?
The FFSG said he was released last week, so unless he was released two times, he was not released for that competition.

Nothing would surprise me with our president, he thinks he is God. I bet he just sent them to a competition without a release and hoped no one would notice which worked until now. If that is the case, you have to admire him he is a legend in to break rules.
It is strange that there is no bio under France on the ISU site for Daria and Novoselov. As there is a bio for him under Romania and he did not compete even for Romania. I agree with you hanca, it looks something dodgy and hushed up.

Last edited:

Alba

Record Breaker
Why not?
Both of them had very similar junior results, and neither of them did much at Senior level. Novoselov is more value to France as the number 2 pairs team than Zahorski to Russia as their number 6 or 7 dance team.

How do you know that Z&G will be Russia's no.6 or 7 dance team? They have all the goods to be strong contenders there. I think Russia needs more Tiffany than Novoselov given the depth in Pairs they have.

Besides, the FFSG lady presented the exchange as a fact, not as a hypothesis. I am not in the habit of spreading rumours, I wait until they are facts.
The FFSG themselves says there was an exchange, so it is a fact.

I don't understand why are you taking this so personal. I wasn't doubting you I'm doubting the officials giving that as a reason. Especially since Tiffany sooner or later would've received their passports ans it would've been a lost battle for FFSG in anycase.

Also, just because Russia was happy to let him skate for Romania, doesn't mean they were happy to release him to France, especially since at the time Zahorski was waiting for release.

In the meanwhile he was paired with Daria though and It's not the first time that Russia has given skaters to france, so forgive me if don't buy FFSG claims.

hanca

Record Breaker
This is what a lot of other people are questioning why would he need a release when he already competed for France with Daria?
The FFSG said he was released last week, so unless he was released two times, he was not released for that competition.

Nothing would surprise me with our president, he thinks he is God. I bet he just sent them to a competition without a release and hoped no one would notice which worked until now. If that is the case, you have to admire him he is a legend in to break rules.
It is strange that there is no bio under France on the ISU site for Daria and Novoselov. As there is a bio for him under Romania and he did not compete even for Romania. I agree with you hanca, it looks something dodgy and hushed up.
There was one before. Not sure why it is hidden.
http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00034909.htm

tulosai

Record Breaker
It appears Z/G will not be participating in the Russia cup today after all. No news on why, they are just simply not on this list of entries. I am very disappointed by this.

tulosai

Record Breaker
There is an (unoffical atm) information that guys will compete at 4th Event of Russian Cup :) http://cs622528.vk.me/v622528900/5392b/nfzZ7RG5EXw.jpg

I really hope this one turns out to be true... not only do I really want to see them, I fear that if they don't compete (and do at least moderately well) in Russia soon Russia isn't actually going to send them to an international Senior B this fall, therefore giving them no chance to earn tech minimums for Euros or Worlds. I don't kid myself that they will probably get selected to go to either competition this year, but at least giving them the chance to earn the scores and see how they do seems to be just common sense, as well as basic courtesy.

uhh

Medalist
I really hope this one turns out to be true... not only do I really want to see them, I fear that if they don't compete (and do at least moderately well) in Russia soon Russia isn't actually going to send them to an international Senior B this fall, therefore giving them no chance to earn tech minimums for Euros or Worlds. I don't kid myself that they will probably get selected to go to either competition this year, but at least giving them the chance to earn the scores and see how they do seems to be just common sense, as well as basic courtesy.

Plus getting on the SB list this season will give them a chance to get a GP assignment for next year - I'm still hopeful they might get assigned to Golden Spin, I think that's the only Challenger Series event that's left they could enter.