Nathan Chen | Page 909 | Golden Skate

Nathan Chen

discode

Final Flight
If he skates like that he can wear what he wants.:laugh:

I did like the old look of what he was going for with his SP, though I wish he went more Han Yan at CoC SP look than what he had. This is still a welcome change over the vest that bunched up.

zebobes

Final Flight
I still prefer his 16/17 costumes. I really liked both of them.

If the shirt was properly cut, I could actually see this as being a shiny rocketman costume. I don't understand what this has to do with La Boheme, and in the opening pose, the shirt makes his shoulders look SO hunched and sloppy.

Unfortunately, Nathan seems to have found a liking for loose-fitting, stomach baring outfits. I suppose it also helps his jumps too... he seems to do better with these looser costumes.

lurkz2

On the Ice
Unfortunately, Nathan seems to have found a liking for loose-fitting, stomach baring outfits. I suppose it also helps his jumps too... he seems to do better with these looser costumes.

He's most comfortable in that type of costume, and comfort's important when you have to perform. There's a lot of room for improvement though even when you stick with Nathan's light and loose parameters.

sheetz

Record Breaker

shine

Record Breaker
Uh.....not buying whatever Vera had to say about the costume. The costume took so much away from the mood and feeling of the program, as almost all of her costumes for Nathan have. Honestly at this point why can’t he just wear his practice outfits? I’m not even being facetious...I really do like them better than these Vera specials. And clearly it’s not like he cares that much about having costumes that match or enhance the impression of the programs anyway.

lurkz2

On the Ice
Uh.....not buying whatever Vera had to say about the costume. The costume took so much away from the mood and feeling of the program, as almost all of her costumes for Nathan have. Honestly at this point why can’t he just wear his practice outfits? I’m not even being facetious...I really do like them better than these Vera specials. And clearly it’s not like he cares that much about having costumes that match or enhance the impression of the programs anyway.

The Vera special was supposedly more comfortable than his previous costume but I admit I had the same thoughts. The practice outfits fit him much better if he has to have his comfy shirts they're better off cut like the practice shirts. Or maybe Nike can make his next costume.:biggrin:

Imov

Medalist
To be honest, I know comfort is important. But I am greedy and I want to see Nathan in something very fit for his youth.
I am sure he is a matured young man who knows how to have fun.
I really want to see him in a costume which can show case that.

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
I never understand why Vera's outfits for Nate seem so off-kilter and distracting when she clearly likes and is a fan of him (as per her comments on his Instagram lol). I really liked the previous SP costume with its lil red square. Nah I didn't notice it bunching up his lines or w/e.

Mamamiia

Medalist
Hey let's talk about everything costume after freeskate. Now just wish him good luck! :)

By the way I feel Nathan is staying away from tight fitting tops(especially at waist area)...we may no longer see him wearing those.

Mamamiia

Medalist
Just feel a little sad after inevitably reading those rude comments from Hanyu fans almost everywhere.

alexaa

Final Flight
Just feel a little sad after inevitably reading those rude comments from Hanyu fans almost everywhere.

They were rude and crazy because our boi delivered some fantastic performance yesterday, some of them are really out of their minds, so cheer up.

I hope there weren't any rude comments here. Even in Yuzu's FF, the members completely agree that Yuzu's score was right. Ice is slippery and the worst possible mistake happened, that's the reality. There is no if or but about it. May we see an exciting competition in the FS :agree:

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
Good luck to Nate for the FS - though with him, I'm never sure if he needs it lol. As always I'm in awe of how composed and graceful he is under so much pressure to deliver (and threepeat lol). Now, I don't know if he can skate a super duper clean 5 quad layout tomorrow, but if anyone could, it's him. Blow 'em all away!! :D

lurkz2

On the Ice
I hope there weren't any rude comments here. Even in Yuzu's FF, the members completely agree that Yuzu's score was right. Ice is slippery and the worst possible mistake happened, that's the reality. There is no if or but about it. May we see an exciting competition in the FS :agree:

No rude comments here so far, this really feels like a safe zone. I really appreciate everyone here.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I would think by now that people would have reconciled to the fact that Nathan Chen is not going to dress up in spangles and sparkles and sequins and feathers and lace.

If he wanted that look, there are many many designers who would fulfill his wishes.

I find it odd that if a skater wants to perform in the most ridiculous frippery, we are cautioned that the skater must be allowed to express himself.

But if a skater like Nathan chooses to compete in a more laid back or athletic style, people can't accept that. They want him to conform to their ideas of a figure skater.

Good Lord, a couple of seasons ago, the man removed a zipper pull because he thought it was too fussy. He's not going out on the ice looking like Ru Paul. Get over it.