4T
3A
CCSp
3F+3T
3Lo
3Lz
StSq
FCCoSp

This is (rumored to be) Nathan's 4-quad FS layout from unknown source...

zebobes

Final Flight
I hope that Nathan being at this year's GPF doesn't think that the key to big scores is just having quads, but sees that it's HOW the quads are done is important too. I hope he can also start working on some signature moves and transitions for his jumps, so that he can also get monstrous GOE in the future. And that he works harder on skating skills and performance.

I am super excited to see his updated free, but I admit feeling somewhat underwhelmed by his short.

firal

Record Breaker
Looking forward to seeing his free as well. Somehow I am already looking at his performance as how I would expect to see in a senior competition because I think he has tons of potential.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Do you think Yuzu knows how to pass on his triple axel to others? Because so many in the mens field have scary axel technique.

i dont think ppl would understand Yuzu's way of teaching, i think it was Nobu asking for 3A secret and Yuzuru was like "its like hitting a wall" or sth and there is this incident with young skater asking for advice, i dont remember exactly what he said but it wasnt very understandable :biggrin:

4S+2T+2Lo
4S
4T+2T
CCoSp
4T
3A
CCSp
3F+3T
3Lo
3Lz
StSq
FCCoSp

This is (rumored to be) Nathan's 4-quad FS layout from unknown source...

Welcome to forum alvina!! glad your 1st post is for Nathan :yay:

Edit: totally forgot to congratulate him! for new PB and great skate!

here is his SP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M19GSLyiXmo

Last edited:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
At gala, just seeing him got me thrilled. I can't wait him coming to Senior.
I feel kind of calisma from him. His blades are out of this world. I can't take my eyes off him..:luv17:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker

who knows how :biggrin:

anyway, congratulations to Nathan for winning JGPF!!! probably not the ideal performances he was hoping for but he was very good overall, here are his Long Program, Gala Performance and Interview with PJ Kwong, next stop US Nationals!!! :cheer:

btw his Wikipedia says he choreographed his EX , not sure if i like it yet, need to watch more but still amazing to see!!

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
i was watching Nathan's previous national performances and i didnt realise he did biellman spin before, and a very good one!!! and I spin!! :eeking: and i am the one made his OP :hopelessness:
anyway, good luck at Nationals Nathan!!! :cheer:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
What a gifted child!:eeking:

Go! Nathan ! Good luck! :cheer:(I'm getting excited expecting his title!)

too bad he doesnt do them anymore :biggrin: about title, it is possible but not gona be easy, and i read that he is planning 4 quads :hopelessness:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
too bad he doesnt do them anymore :biggrin: about title, it is possible but not gona be easy, and i read that he is planning 4 quads :hopelessness:

4 quads! I like his challenging spirit and this year is not op or pre op season and it may be good time.. I really hope his injury never happens again...:hopelessness:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
here is video of Nathan's SP, i love this program so much, its brave of him to go for 2 quad SP but he had nothing to lose i think (excpet possibility of not making the world team but it wouldnt be a big deal), and he is the 1st men to not just attempt but land 2 quad in the US Nationals!!! :clap: but can you please work on your spins and not lose precious points??? :sad21: i dont have a problem with his score but i would have him above Adam

and here are articles about him (and other US Men)
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2016/01/22/162580824/minnesota-morsels-mature-rippon-gutsy-but-smart

http://www.globetrottingbyphilipher...s-history-but-us-skating-judges-stuck-in-past

so basically he doesnt know how many quads he will attempt at LP, it will be decided right before competition, ahh this kid! :drama: but i like the fact that he has different scenarios prepared, thats very smart , he is mentally one of the strongest competitors in US despite his young age,

and at Hersh article he says Yuzuru is his role model, never heard/read him say that before, seeing Yuzuru live at GPF must have affected him :biggrin:

HanDomi

Record Breaker
I think his score was right, other maybe a bit too much, but I hope he puts clean long today and wins title :biggrin: :agree:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
I think his score was right, other maybe a bit too much, but I hope he puts clean long today and wins title :biggrin: :agree:

well. title is hard since Max is on form but silver or bronze isnt out of reach :yahoo: as long as he doesnt lose points on spins :palmf:

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
...I actually though Nathan should've been in first. :p I like this costume better than the old one too, I think.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
and at Hersh article he says Yuzuru is his role model, never heard/read him say that before, seeing Yuzuru live at GPF must have affected him :biggrin:

I think it also has something to do with Yuzuru being the Olympic champion. :)

They also share some characteristics: both love attention (Yuzuru himself admits this, while I read a coach of Nathan describe him as such) and the willingness to challenge the quads, knowing it is needed to medal in the Olympics.

Wishing Nathan a podium finish at Nationals!

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
I think it also has something to do with Yuzuru being the Olympic champion. :)

They also share some characteristics: both love attention (Yuzuru himself admits this, while I read a coach of Nathan describe him as such) and the willingness to challenge the quads, knowing it is needed to medal in the Olympics.

Wishing Nathan a podium finish at Nationals!

yeah probably, its just i never heard he mentioned Yuzuru's name before and his lp performance at olympics wasnt that great :biggrin: i agree that they share some characteristic, didnt think Nathan loves attention though since he said he is a shy person and its challenging for him to perfporm his SP :biggrin: and want to add that i think they are both amazing competitors, can stay calm and they consider other possibilities in case something goes wrong, Nathan has a lot to learn from Yuzuru when it comes to spins though :laugh:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
yeah probably, its just i never heard he mentioned Yuzuru's name before and his lp performance at olympics wasnt that great :biggrin: i agree that they share some characteristic, didnt think Nathan loves attention though since he said he is a shy person and its challenging for him to perfporm his SP :biggrin: and want to add that i think they are both amazing competitors, can stay calm and they consider other possibilities in case something goes wrong, Nathan has a lot to learn from Yuzuru when it comes to spins though :laugh:

Here 's the quote from his coach about the 11-year old Nathan:

"He enjoys attention," says Chen's coach, former Soviet pairs skater Genia Chernyshova.
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110224&content_id=16720292&vkey=ice_news

Scott Hamilton did say FS is a sport of show offs after all. ;) Not to say that Nathan is not shy as he says he is. Per the discussion in another thread, diversity can also exist within one skater.; or anyone for that matter. :yes:

IIRC, even before Sochi, Nathan had named both Patrick and Yuzuru as the skaters he admired. To me, the quote from in the Christine Brennan article that "I honestly hope to be what [Yuzuru] is eventually in the future" means Nathan also aims to be an Olympic gold medalist. It is after all the supreme accomplishment in the sport.

But first things first. I hope he makes it to the podium. Winning may be a big ask as I agree with you that Max seems to be in fine form. Go Nathan! :cheer2: