Nathan Chen | Page 53 | Golden Skate

Nathan Chen

sherlock trollmes

On the Ice
Lol! They were all kinds of off. :laugh:The program looks great though. There''s another clip there of him doing a 4f-3t! Thanks for the link to the videos :)

sheetz

Record Breaker
According to the text the first clip was during his warmup where he did 3A, 4F, 4F3T. After the run thru he went back and worked on his jump entry.

sherlock trollmes

On the Ice
So seems like he's going to go for 4f/3t and then solo 3lz tomorrow - I think he just did the 3lz-3t because he fell on the 4f.

Thanks for all the translations! They are super helpful. :)

shine

Record Breaker
Wow the program looks like it's gonna be awesome. And what would we do without the enthusiastic Japanese figure skating fans?! :laugh:

frida80

Record Breaker
Wow, really? I didn't think he would really be showing it so soon. (I actually didn't think he'd show it at all...)

It's just practice. Right now, he's focused on a very difficult layout with lots of transitions. It makes the quads trickier. If he can manage it within his programs without compromising the difficulty he may do it.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
just wann say Nathan's final spin matched music sooo perfectly. Definitely one of the best spin in terms of musical structure I have EVER seen.
Usually camel position is slower than other positions. it is physics, therefore, it is just a bit lackluster when used as final spin(usually the climax of a SP). it is quite common among skaters.
But here, Nathan's final spin camel position matched music in such a genius way that it is just perfect. :luv17:

Pacafla1

Rinkside
Video would be nice at this point.

I think at this point Japan will be covering Nathan more in depth than the US. Even more than usual.

At Lombardia thread somebody mentioned there are 30 press people and 28 of Japan, I expect no less than that of Japanese press presence here in SLC :) So Nathan was practicing the difficult layout yesterday, means he intends to debut it tonight? We will find out soon :p

frida80

Record Breaker
OMG, Amber's tweet after she popped her axel in the SP today
https://twitter.com/AmberGlenn_/status/908317106973888512

In case anyone didn't catch Nathan's tweet after falling on his 3A at worlds
https://twitter.com/nathanwchen/status/847476937807110145

Ashely tweeted something similar after her national SP. But it's cute that Amber said that.

This is like the second time they have international competitions at the same time. Last time was the GPF/Golden Spin.

frida80

Record Breaker
I hope Nathan can temper himself today. I know how competitive he can be. I like his plan for the season. Work on mastering the programs and add in the quads gradually while you build stamina and focus on deliver. But hearing about that 4Lo and doing a full run through makes me think he could forget that in the heat of competition.

shine

Record Breaker
I hope Nathan can temper himself today. I know how competitive he can be. I like his plan for the season. Work on mastering the programs and add in the quads gradually while you build stamina and focus on deliver. But hearing about that 4Lo and doing a full run through makes me think he could forget that in the heat of competition.
Agreed. I hope the monstrous score Uno just put up at Lombardia doesn't get to Nathan and he'll just keep calm and do what he planned to do. Can't wait to see his new SP in its entirety!

sheetz

Record Breaker
I expect a few mistakes since this is Nathan's first competition of the season. He could even lose to someone like Max. But even if Nathan loses the competition he will cause a huge stir if he can land a 4Lo in the FS.