Nathan Chen | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Nathan Chen

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I've got goosebumps! This program is gonna be a great success if he executes all elements in competition. I'm wondering who is the choreographer, Shae-Lynn Bourne perhaps?

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
I've got goosebumps! This program is gonna be a great success if he executes all elements in competition. I'm wondering who is the choreographer, Shae-Lynn Bourne perhaps?

no, one of his coaches Nadezda Kanaeva choreographed it, she did his Michael Jackson SP as well :luv17:
program obviously needs refining but i am loving the chsq and stsq!! also usage of spread eagles after 4T is :love: this kid seriously, hopefully he can manage this layout without injuring himself again :dbana:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
no, one of his coaches Nadezda Kanaeva choreographed it, she did his Michael Jackson SP as well :luv17:
program obviously needs refining but i am loving the chsq and stsq!! also usage of spread eagles after 4T is :love: this kid seriously, hopefully he can manage this layout without injuring himself again :dbana:

Nadezda Kanaeva made a great job with that! I love those stsq and spread eagles too which made him look so powerful and commanding as well as masculine. :love:

Last edited:

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
ok I am super late but just saw Nathan's new LP and I was :shocked:
That choreography is amazing. Those two step sequences are SO GOOD. The jumps are already impressive as is the overall skating. Honestly damn

yyyskate

Record Breaker
4LZ, 4F, 4T, is him going to do 4S (rumor has it hurt him) or 4lo:roll9::eek::shocked::eeking:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I was impressed by not only his jumps, but also his musicality.

Looking forward to his FS. :hap10:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HaojHH1pKY
nathan's FS. it is indeed quite empty lacks good quality transitions. Nathan's SP is really good tho.
good parts is that he still got his musicality and the FS layout is okay (typical jump drill + exciting stsq ending program).
Nathan tried spread eagle into 4T which is kinda cute and his 4T combo really is pretty. surprised me a little when watch live, I though it is a triple...
4LZ landing could see deep knee bend for absorbing the landing, which is good to see.
Nathan's jump landing is quite stiff before, see that he somehow learned to using deep knee bend, I am very happy for him.
Anyways.
Nathan great job. You are a one of a kinda boy with crazy curly curls.:yahoo:

zebobes

Final Flight
I rewatched his SP. I think that a lot of people are disgruntled with him winning in such a messy fashion, but it was a messy event. I think Nathan will grow a lot this season, and he has a month to polish his FS, and Zoueva can fix some of the choreography issues in the SP that didn't give Nathan enough time to hit L4 on his spins. It's actually interesting to hear their discussions in the Kiss and Cry. Apparently, he had to hit a musical accent at a certain point, so he had to end some of his spins early.

It will be interesting to see how he does this season in comparison to Boyang Jin. Who will have more artistry? Who will have higher tech?

DiamondDust

Final Flight
It will be interesting to see how he does this season in comparison to Boyang Jin. Who will have more artistry? Who will have higher tech?

It will be interesting indeed. I liked Nathan's sp, but for now, I'll be on Boyang's camp :laugh:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
personal Best Total Score256.44ISU CS Finlandia Trophy 2016
Personal Best Score Short Program87.50ISU CS Finlandia Trophy 2016
Personal Best Score Free Skating168.94ISU CS Finlandia Trophy 2016

Nathan earned personal bests in all 3 categories at 2016 Finlandia!

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
personal Best Total Score256.44ISU CS Finlandia Trophy 2016
Personal Best Score Short Program87.50ISU CS Finlandia Trophy 2016
Personal Best Score Free Skating168.94ISU CS Finlandia Trophy 2016

Nathan earned personal bests in all 3 categories at 2016 Finlandia!

Nathan can set up new PB this season every event he enters into with better jump landings and coherent performances to his jumps. Stay healthy, that's what I want from the ambitious kid. :)