Nathan Chen | Page 921 | Golden Skate

Nathan Chen

1111bm

Final Flight
Loved the subtle changes and additions in his hand moves. And I like the new starting position, although I don't prefer it to the old one, both are equally nice and appropriate.

Ella5555

On the Ice
Loved the subtle changes and additions in his hand moves. And I like the new starting position, although I don't prefer it to the old one, both are equally nice and appropriate.

Totally agree. Love the new starting position. He was truly feeling it today. I think the time spent over break working on those nuances was apparent today. Just beautifully performed.

16Olympics

On the Ice
That Nathan is a smooth operator. Such quality and control. The shirt distracts me, though. As serious as his program is, the shirt looks like a practice T. But, small potatoes compared to his lovely performance.

sheetz

Record Breaker
Hersh Article: Nathan Chen ‘in control of everything’ going for fourth straight national title

Nevertheless, Chen thinks he will need time away from Yale to prepare for the 2022 Olympics. His courses in statistics and data science will include more lab work in his junior and senior years, and scheduling practice around them will be difficult.

Chen has already talked to his dean about such plans. She told him not to worry about it until the end of this academic year in May.

“Ultimately skating’s the most important thing as the Olympics come up,” Chen said. “So, I don’t want anything getting in the way of that.”

-------------------------------------------
"Origin Story" from Team Toyota
https://www.instagram.com/p/B7wpKYyHXuL/

georgia

On the Ice
Great skating Nathan. Keep up the good work! please get a new shirt for worlds. The one you have is very distracting.

luckyu2

On the Ice
Whoever wanted to advocate a costume change, please post politely on Nathan or Vera’s social media account so they can see. As I glanced through their Instagram page , I saw a lot of people say they love the costume from GPF! We need our voice heard.

1111bm

Final Flight
I don't get the hoo-ha regarding his costume? I don't think it's the best fit for this piece or theme, but it's not super jarring or unflattering either. I'm way more distracted and bothered by weird or ugly costume choices from certain other skaters, oftentimes lauded for their artistic vision... :slink:

noskates

Record Breaker
I agree with 1111. To me that shirt is a lot less discordant than some of the sequin-festooned costumes on some of the other men. Nathan is clearly comfortable in a shirt. However, copy-cat Vincent's shirt was not so good.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I agree with 1111. To me that shirt is a lot less discordant than some of the sequin-festooned costumes on some of the other men. Nathan is clearly comfortable in a shirt. However, copy-cat Vincent's shirt was not so good.

What does that mean?