2015-16 Grand Prix Final Tickets Barcelona | Golden Skate

2015-16 Grand Prix Final Tickets Barcelona

alexabt

Spectator
was wondering if anyone has any news retickets to the 2015-16 GPF in Barcelona. I have done some searching and can't seem to find anything. I would like to book flights and hotel but worried I may not get tickets as skating may be very popular as Javier is now world champion. Does anyone remember when tickets went on sale last year for GPF? Also will it be in the same venue (Barcelona International Convention Centre)? Any help would be appreciated. :)

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Last year tickets went on sale early July, I think second week or so (I can look it up if you want the exact date :laugh:).
They're definitely not on-line yet at this point.
The location hasn't been announced yet, but I'm 99.9 % sure it'll be the CCIB again. After all, why go through all the trouble of finding another place, if the previous one was Perfect? It's not on their website yet, though, as their calendar doesn't go further than November at this point.
I wouldn't be too worried about booking a hotel, Barcelona in mid December is very easy to get rooms (unless maybe you want to stay at the skaters hotel).

Caustica

Final Flight
Last year tickets went on sale early July, I think second week or so (I can look it up if you want the exact date :laugh:).
They're definitely not on-line yet at this point.
The location hasn't been announced yet, but I'm 99.9 % sure it'll be the CCIB again. After all, why go through all the trouble of finding another place, if the previous one was Perfect? It's not on their website yet, though, as their calendar doesn't go further than November at this point.
I wouldn't be too worried about booking a hotel, Barcelona in mid December is very easy to get rooms (unless maybe you want to stay at the skaters hotel).

Do you know which hotel the skaters stayed at last year? :)

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Do you know which hotel the skaters stayed at last year? :)
Princess or The Princess or... *looks up the hotel*

Barcelona Princess hotel
Avinguda Diagonal, 1, 08019 Barcelona

You can crawl from the hotel to the CCIB (and the shopping center, *grin*). It's literally opposite the road, though you still have to walk around the CCIB, because the entrance is on the beach side.

Caustica

Final Flight
Princess or The Princess or... *looks up the hotel*

Barcelona Princess hotel
Avinguda Diagonal, 1, 08019 Barcelona

You can crawl from the hotel to the CCIB (and the shopping center, *grin*). It's literally opposite the road, though you still have to walk around the CCIB, because the entrance is on the beach side.

Thanks! I actually went last year (lol) but I stayed at the Hilton (I think?). It was also super close!

I think that ship has sailed ;) the Princess has been booked out for that weekend for weeks already

Omg, are you serious :O That's insane! You can't even buy tickets yet... And the official website isn't even up yet - at least, I've not been able to find it >_<

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I think that ship has sailed ;) the Princess has been booked out for that weekend for weeks already
*imagines gaggles of Yuzuru Hanyu fans in every corner of the hotel*
Ugh, well, I'm staying far away from there again. I felt like a complete stalker when I ended up walking right behind Orser and Fernandez that one time, never mind the whole Russian contingent in front of me in the queue at the airport. Me not a celebrities person. ;-)

Caustica

Final Flight
*imagines gaggles of Yuzuru Hanyu fans in every corner of the hotel*
Ugh, well, I'm staying far away from there again. I felt like a complete stalker when I ended up walking right behind Orser and Fernandez that one time, never mind the whole Russian contingent in front of me in the queue at the airport. Me not a celebrities person. ;-)

Omg. That's insane! You are so lucky to have been able to see them! The only person I could see (outside of the rink) was Machida after his LP practice - he was walking very quickly with a Japanese person (maybe some official). I still felt very shocked to have him just right there (although I didn't say anything).

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Omg. That's insane! You are so lucky to have been able to see them! The only person I could see (outside of the rink) was Machida after his LP practice - he was walking very quickly with a Japanese person (maybe some official). I still felt very shocked to have him just right there (although I didn't say anything).
I really don't do well around celebrities. My travel companion embarrassed me by asking one of the Russian girls if she'd had a nice time. It must've been one of the junior girls because I didn't recognize her, but she was with the senior ladies. She didn't seem to understand the question (understandably, since it was in English and she was very young) and/or understand why this total stranger asked her something in the queue for the x-ray machine. :laugh:
And then I made a total fool of myself right in front of Voronov (handbag got stuck in the xray machine!). No, don't ask me how we'd managed to get right in the middle of the Russian group in the queue, cuz I haven't got the foggiest!
To this day I do regret not telling Voronov congrats with his medal, though. *sigh* and asking him if his Big Mac was tasty. just/kidding ;-)

Richie

Rinkside
yep CCIB is the perffect location. good hotels around within walking distance. if someone knows startingdate of ticketsales then give a signal as it will be a popular event according to the huge success of last year.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Just saw this via the GPF Final Barcelona twitter account
We inform you tickets sales for the Grand Prix Final Barcelona 2015 will start shortly although we are unable to confirm the exact date at this point.

We are working to enlarge the venue’s temporal capacity – the CCIB’s, which is the same as last year’s - a thing that affects the final number of seats available, their exact location and the ticket sale process.

As soon as we know the ticket sales start date, we will let you know through our social media accounts:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/gpf2014barcelona
Twitter: http://twitter.com/gpfbarcelona
Instagram: http://instagram.com/gpfbarcelona

We apologise for the inconvenience of this delay.

I'm not sure how happy this should make me. I kind of really liked the small-ish size of the venue. It was 'intimate', and I also fear for (much) higher ticket prices.

Last edited:

Caustica

Final Flight
Just saw this via the GPF Final Barcelona twitter account

I'm not sure how happy this should make me. I kind of really liked the small-ish size of the venue. It was 'intimate', and I also fear for (much) higher ticket prices.

Thanks for informing us! I really liked the size of the venue last time too. Besides, it's not like they're going to enlarge the bathrooms if they have more seating, so the queues will get even longer... >_< I hope the price won't rise by too much!

YesWay

&#22235;&#24180;&#12418;&#12363;&#12369;&#12390;&#
Record Breaker
If they build the rink in the same hall as last time, I imagine it will still be pretty "intimate". I don't think there's a lot of scope for expansion.

If they intend to add more seats, I hope that means using more of the space alongside the judges, or in the VIP boxes.

What I'm afraid of is, if they instead reduce the angle of slope of the seating and/or reduce leg room - so they can add more rows at the back, before they reach the ceiling. That would make it more difficult to see over the heads of people in front of you, and sacrifice some of the good visibility they had from almost anywhere in the arena last year...

And yes, given Fernandez is now world champion... and the small "intimate" size of the arena (5,500 capacity last year)... I suspect prices will be higher this year...

cashley

Rinkside
Tickets on sale on Wednesday 29th July at 12.00pm European time - according to the Facebook page - and Twitter. Website still in construction so no news on prices etc at this stage!

Saralala

Rinkside
Yes, it's a bit dissapointing. Everything went behind time because of the changes of the people in charge in the city hall after May elections...
Personally, what I'm worried about are three things:
1- The server of the ticket seller is likely to be down due to the traffic peak since they have announced the exact day and hour they'll start selling tickets.
2- Venue's capacity: They've announced they wanted to increase it. Last year I was in the audience and the space between seats was very narrow. I can't imagine how it will be like if more seats have been added *_*
3- The price: seriously no announcement on the price ranges? I fear there will be a rise of the amount of € :/

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Noon, eh? Okay, that means either I bring my laptop to work, or better yet, find some way to work from home. *nods* Gonna make this work, oh yeah!

Rissa

Record Breaker
What were the prices last year? I'm thinking of going but I have no idea of the budget I should prepare myself for.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
What were the prices last year? I'm thinking of going but I have no idea of the budget I should prepare myself for.

Last season the price range for all days was from 90 Euros to something like 250 Euros (regular seats, not VIP boxes). Friend of mine was there, his ticket costed him 160 Euros, his seat was awesome.

I hope this year's prices will be about the same, although the Euro is kinda cheap now, so I expect 10-20% increase.

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
me and my friend are traveling from Norway and we want GOOD SEATS, i dont know how this area is but anyone know where the best seats may be? =)