2015-16 Grand Prix Final Tickets Barcelona | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015-16 Grand Prix Final Tickets Barcelona

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
so it could be that from now to 5-6 h. maximum we finally know the prices. Otherwise we will have to wait till tomorrow.
"Brace for impact!" (I suspect prices will be significantly higher than last year...)

me and my friend are traveling from Norway and we want GOOD SEATS, i dont know how this area is but anyone know where the best seats may be? =)
Last year, I moved around all over the place during the practice sessions.
The view was good no matter where I sat...

Last edited:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
categories and prices have just been posted on facebook

https://es-es.facebook.com/gpf2014barcelona

"Gold" all-event tickets are nearly 100 euros more than last year... 37% more o_O

Not sure about the others...

There also appear to be no seats behind the K&C. They said they hoped to have more seats this year, but I can't imagine how that's possible after removing that block of seats...

Last edited:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
That could mean that they increased the number of rows...
Hope not!
The map is only a diagram... but still... the other end from K&C looks bigger, and it may go further down to the rink than last year (like the VIP boxes). So if there are more seats, perhaps that's where they are.

PS. It's "Season tickets" only, tomorrow (All-event tickets)

Last edited:

Pika

Final Flight
Hello everybody
I saw the announcement for the tickets, and I'm planning to go to Barcelona, but as I can't attend the whole event, does somebody remember what was the approximative schedule of last year (for the seniors particularly) ?
And does somebody know if the Gold seats are really better than the normal ones ?

Caustica

Final Flight
Hello everybody
I saw the announcement for the tickets, and I'm planning to go to Barcelona, but as I can't attend the whole event, does somebody remember what was the approximative schedule of last year (for the seniors particularly) ?
And does somebody know if the Gold seats are really better than the normal ones ?

Well, whether the gold seats are really better than the normal ones depends on which gold seats and which normal seats you are talking about, of course. If you buy the best normal seats, then they are almost as good as the gold seats, of course, but I imagine they will go very quickly...

However, my experience last year was that for the junior competitions, the stands were quite empty so you could move into an empty gold seat if you so desired, even if your original seat is different. So it's really a 160€ premium for better seats during senior events (and gala).

EDIT: as for the schedule last year - http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpf1415/
If you scroll down you will see it :)
Basically, Thursday evening - Ladies SP and Pairs SP; Friday evening - Men SP and Ice Dance SP; Saturday afternoon - all senior FPs.

Last edited:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Hello everybody
Are they really better... not really :-D

There might be something to be said for gold seats if they are front row... but even those are about 3m back from the rink, and about 3m above it. And the rails may obstruct the view for children or very short people.

As said above - you get a good view from almost anywhere in the arena... it's well designed for visibility... and there are only about 18 rows, so even the back row is not that far from the rink.

Best value is probably the first few rows behind the gold seats. You pay a lot less, and the view is not much different. Possibly even a little better - I got some great photos from the practice sessions, when I was sitting higher up (rows 10, 11, 12 I think!)

NB. you can't buy the individual session tickets tomorrow - it's only "season tickets" (all-events)

Last edited:

Pika

Final Flight
Thanks Caustica for sharing your experience :)

Are they really better... not really :-D

There might be something to be said for gold seats if they are front row... but even those are about 3m back from the rink, and about 3m above it. And the rails may obstruct the view for children or very short people.

As said above - you get a good view from almost anywhere in the arena... it's well designed for visibility... and there are only about 18 rows, so even the back row is not that far from the rink.

Best value is probably the first few rows behind the gold seats. You pay a lot less, and the view is not much different. Possibly even a little better - I got some great photos from the practice sessions, when I was sitting higher up (rows 10, 11, 12 I think!)

NB. you can't buy the individual session tickets tomorrow - it's only "season tickets" (all-events)

THIS might be the capital information, for me (don't know if I should :laugh: or :bang: )

Thanks for all the advice, now I guess that I just have to wait and see what's left when the individual tickets will be on sale... *praying*

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Judges will be sitting on the east side, or the west side? I actually think 190 Euros is okay price. Golden tickets on the other hand are way too expensive.

Last edited:

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Judges will be sitting on the east side, or the west side? I actually think 190 Euros is okay price. Golden tickets on the other hand are way too expensive.
on the east side. On the west side you have the VIP boxes right next to the ice, on the east side it's the judges ;)

cashley

Rinkside
Hey guys! If I am looking to buy a 190 euro ticket - will I be able to select what row I want or does it just allocate you a row?

Thanks!

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Hey guys! If I am looking to buy a 190 euro ticket - will I be able to select what row I want or does it just allocate you a row?

Thanks!
We were able to choose last year. I assume the same this year...

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
on the east side. On the west side you have the VIP boxes right next to the ice, on the east side it's the judges ;)

Oh thanks. :)
I'm thinking to go this year. But my wife will probably talk me out of it. Again. Especially now, because she's pregnant and can basically do whatever she wants.:rolleye:

Thanks!

Last year it was possible to choose not only a row, but also exact seat you want to take.

Edit: I'm late as usual :)

Last edited:

Rissa

Record Breaker
Last year it was possible to choose not only a row, but also exact seat you want to take.

Were they electronic tickets or physical tickets sent by mail?

What's better, sitting on the side behind judges or opposite judges? Closer to Kiss & Cry or to the southern side?

This is like planning a war campaign...

Last edited:

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Were they electronic tickets or physical tickets sent by mail?

What's better, sitting on the side behind judges or opposite judges? Closer to Kiss & Cry or to the southern side?
Last year we got electronic tickets to print at home. I assume it will be the same this year.

Where you want to sit is pretty much up to personal preference, I guess. We will try to get seats behind the judges again because that's where the programs are aimed. But others like the side opposite the judges better because there are usually less cameras and stuff that might get in the way (although that wasn't really a problem last year). If I had to choose a side I'd probably stay closer to the K&C. But I guess that's also up to personal preference :)
(and judging from last year, on the south side you were more likely to become part of the "entertainment committee" during intermissions :laugh: one more reason for me to stay further to the north. But I have no idea how it will be this year.)

This is like planning a war campaign...
tell me about it :drama:

Rissa

Record Breaker
Last year we got electronic tickets to print at home. I assume it will be the same this year.

Where you want to sit is pretty much up to personal preference, I guess. We will try to get seats behind the judges again because that's where the programs are aimed. But others like the side opposite the judges better because there are usually less cameras and stuff that might get in the way (although that wasn't really a problem last year). If I had to choose a side I'd probably stay closer to the K&C. But I guess that's also up to personal preference :)
(and judging from last year, on the south side you were more likely to become part of the "entertainment committee" during intermissions :laugh: one more reason for me to stay further to the north. But I have no idea how it will be this year.)

tell me about it :drama:

I will be aiming at good seats on the judges side then, I'd rather see the posing in all its glory of possible, but I won't be upset if I end up opposite. Thank you for the help!