Shoma Uno | Page 811 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

16Olympics

On the Ice
We're getting Scenes from a Couch and Scenes from a Rink. It's a 2 for 1. Shoma looks cooked. His mind must be so relieved to be Back to The Ice.

16Olympics

On the Ice
I was wondering...do you think there is a chance he might keep DOMO for next season? After all, he didn't get to perform it at all the competitions. Or might Stephane give him new programs when he returns to Switzerland?

I think I read that since the new programs/music aren't settled, the DOMO music/program was played b/c he needed a program to run through at practice.

He announced he was working on a new exhibition program so maybe DOMO isn't a candidate for an ex. With the time constraints, I wouldn't be surprised if at least one program was used again. The jump rules have changed a little since they last competed so reworking an old program for this season instead of two sets of new programs leading up to the Olympics might be a stretch. But, it is Stephane with all of his choreo contacts, I put faith in him to do something that makes Shoma shine right away.

16Olympics

On the Ice

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Miss cutie pants Toro going up the stairs Itsuki must have built for her to get to her bed. Wonder if she's lonely since Uncle Shoma is on the ice?
Thanks to maya for bringing Ituski's IG story to twitter.

https://twitter.com/quadthrow/status/1269884639256158208

Oh, this dog! She is so darn cute. I just want to squeeze her and cuddle with her! Love her puppy inquisitiveness and her energy! I'm sure she is missing Uncle Sho.

I wouldn't read too much into the colors of the towel. I think they were just good colors. Sho skated Loco in so many competitions in the 2016-2017 season. I'd be really surprised if he would repeat it. People liked it so much though, maybe at some point he should skate it (or pieces of it) in future ice shows.

chanchan

On the Ice
I was wondering...do you think there is a chance he might keep DOMO for next season? After all, he didn't get to perform it at all the competitions. Or might Stephane give him new programs when he returns to Switzerland?

We already have the perfect version of Great Spirit at JPN nationals. So maybe Stephane can choreograph a new sp for shoma. I am ok with keeping DOMO for next szn. But two new programs for next szn are my crazy fancy dream.:yahoo:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We already have the perfect version of Great Spirit at JPN nationals. So maybe Stephane can choreograph a new sp for shoma. I am ok with keeping DOMO for next szn. But two new programs for next szn are my crazy fancy dream.:yahoo:

I'll be very surprised if he repeats either program, but we have had a lot of surprises from him recently, so who knows. It was great that he had competitive programs from different choreographers. What will we see next?! :hpull: :dance2:

rabidline

Final Flight
I think I read that since the new programs/music aren't settled, the DOMO music/program was played b/c he needed a program to run through at practice.

He announced he was working on a new exhibition program so maybe DOMO isn't a candidate for an ex. With the time constraints, I wouldn't be surprised if at least one program was used again. The jump rules have changed a little since they last competed so reworking an old program for this season instead of two sets of new programs leading up to the Olympics might be a stretch. But, it is Stephane with all of his choreo contacts, I put faith in him to do something that makes Shoma shine right away.

Yeah, the current situation makes me wonder if Shoma will recycle DOMO. I think that's the most likely program to get recycled out of the SP and FS, especially with Great Spirit having been used for EX in the season before. But I agree with chanchan, my crazy dream is also two new programs for next season... the timing can be tricky but then again Shoma only started working on DOMO in August and it grew pretty well during the season :agree:

Speaking of Grespi, changing an EX to a competitive program is something Shoma's did before pretty successfully so that's something I was wondering as well. Maybe the EX from Kenji can be repurposed to a competitive program and Stephane can give finishing touches when Shoma can get back to Champery? Well, now I'm just making wild guesses! :laugh:

16Olympics

On the Ice
Yeah, the current situation makes me wonder if Shoma will recycle DOMO. I think that's the most likely program to get recycled out of the SP and FS, especially with Great Spirit having been used for EX in the season before. But I agree with chanchan, my crazy dream is also two new programs for next season... the timing can be tricky but then again Shoma only started working on DOMO in August and it grew pretty well during the season :agree:

Speaking of Grespi, changing an EX to a competitive program is something Shoma's did before pretty successfully so that's something I was wondering as well. Maybe the EX from Kenji can be repurposed to a competitive program and Stephane can give finishing touches when Shoma can get back to Champery? Well, now I'm just making wild guesses! :laugh:

I agree about DOMO being most likely to be repeated especially if the season is shortened. Remember that DOMO was changed both in jump layout and added choreo between JNats and Challenger Cup once Stephane and David Wilson had additional input. Seeing that new work only once is a good thing b/c it's loved and not over exposed. A sp would be 'easiest' to have a new one while developing two new programs for the Olympic season. Can't wait to see that new EX we already heard was in development. And then there's the costumes!