Shoma Uno | Page 312 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
I'm not so sure about that. Let's say Fernandez skates okay, he gets 1. Samarin is capable of a tech score that'll kill all PCS advantage Shoma might have. Bychenko just proved that he is able to bring in the medals, Max Aaron skated the best LP at CoC, and there are other Quadsters who can rack up the points. My fear is simply that Shoma is not able to tone down the difficulty of the LP in a way that he can somehow survive the 4 1/2 minutes. If he doesn't jump the Quads, he will have to jump triples instead, triples he didn't train and will probably make mistakes on, like falls, which will kill his stamina. I'm just so worried. I mean, personally I would say, who cares about the GPF, If it were any other year. But this year it's in Nagoya, and he wants and needs to be there. I just cannot see it happening without him. He's having a lot of pressure on his shoulders this time. And the GPF is only 3 weeks away.

Skating order is out, and of course Shoma is last at half past ten in the evening, he's the last skater of the whole competition. Yes, as if the whole thing isn't tiring enough. It could be good to see what the others did before him, but it can also add on the pressure. *sigh* *worry* *sigh*

There's a practice session soon, where we might be able to see his condition better. He looked tired after the SP yesterday and his condition isn't as good as he'd wish, but he is a fighter and still got through it and he'll do it again today. I believe in him. Let's try and send him all the positive vibes.

And then I hope he sleeps for 8 hours and eats all the beef he wants and doesn't think about anything but recovery.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
It seemed to me, he held onto his neck quite a few times. He didn't do a full run through. He fell on one quad as far as I could see, but jumped the combinations. No cantilever or spins. It wasn't as bad as I expected. It wasn't perfect either, but since Shoma hardly ever does perfect practices, I'm not so sure what to think. I'm pretty sure he won't win this, as what I saw of Javier was very good. But I think it should be enough for the GPF. It must be.

Leonardo

Final Flight
Thank you. It was very fuzzy for me hard to see. How did Shoma do? He was at Fluffy's bar quite a bit.

First jump didn't see, probably will try 4lo. Then, 3A, 3lz, 4f in the 2nd half ur with a fall (he's crazy, I know), didn't do his intended 4t-2t, 4t, 3A-1lo-3f, 3s-3t. Didn't look that bad to me. No spins or steps.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Maybe the costume looks weird because he lost weight? 2 kilos is a lot, and it could be muscle mass, which he definitely needs. I've heard different versions, but what place must he definitely get to reach the final? I'm thinking 4th, but I'm not sure.

To me, he was noticeably thinner! I thought possibly the mighty thighs were a little less mighty. I wouldn't alter the pants just yet! And take comfort in the fact that the black pants were not gray-pants-level bad! :love:

Sure hope he does ok. I even changed my avatar for good luck. :yes2: Go Shomachka!

Leonardo

Final Flight
Whut? Is it the right time to add the lutz now? Or does he problems zayaking if he doesn't, with lower difficulty?

He could simply do the same layout he did in Canada. But why replacing the 3lo with the 3lz? I have no clue. He won't zayak or anything. Maybe he wants to replace the 4lo with a 3lo for this competition, then that change would make sense.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Welcome Shomachika!! So glad to see another fan of Shoma (And Mao and Dai!! Aka the Skating family:hap10:)

Is he doing a Lutz?? I knew he is gonna do something out of the book...

Hronop

On the Ice
He could simply do the same layout he did in Canada. But why replacing the 3lo with the 3lz? I have no clue. He won't zayak or anything. Maybe he wants to replace the 4lo with a 3lo for this competition, then that change would make sense.

My guess is that technically it's a bit hard for him to jump 3Lo right after jumping another loop, bit with one additional rotation (we witnessed that in Canada). And he couldn't just replace it with 3Lz, because he jumps it on the other side of the rink. That's why 3Lz now goes 3rd (they did not need to change his steps, because originally he was on the right side of the rink anyway), and 3A replaces 3Lo.
It's just my guess.

Good luck Shoma! I'm super worried, but try to stay positive.
He deserves this GPF. No one deserves it more than him.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Shoma what a fighter he is. Won the FS with 2 falls and 2 point deduction. Second overall.. Congrats to the Winter Prince!:yahoo::clap:

Poor guy needed oxygen after that performance. Medal Ceremony is coming up.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
He did it, our boy did it!!! He fought so well and so hard, he survived!!! I honestly believe nothing can kill him now!!! Sooo brave and strong! YAY! :hap85:I'm so moved! And thank you Fluffy for always being there!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
He did it, our boy did it!!! He fought so well and so hard, he survived!!! I honestly believe nothing can kill him now!!! Sooo brave and strong! YAY! :hap85:I'm so moved! And thank you Fluffy for always being there!

Shoma is sooooo lucky to have Fluffy for his coach. She is his rock.

Latremu

Final Flight
I haven't watched the men's FS, but based on what I've been hearing I don't think I really want to. The more important point... Shoma won the free skate despite being in less than optimal condition! He's a fighter for sure. His resolve is one of the strongest out there.

Had to laugh, apparently they had more features of Itsuki talking about Shoma. He said he initially beat his older brother the first time they played, but the next time they played he lost big time. He later found out that Shoma practiced table tennis to get better (which would explain why he did so well in the Olympic camp). His competitive spirit apparently extends to a lot of things. I'm guessing there might be a similar story somewhere when it comes to darts, lol.