Shoma Uno | Page 821 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Really was hoping we would have some kind of official announcement today regarding the Grand Prix. Apparently no announcement will be coming until Tuesday or Wednesday. Although this is still speculation at this point, Phil Hersh is usually pretty good about having his "ear to the ground" about stuff like this. He was posting some comments today on Twitter of what the competitions might look like.
https://twitter.com/olyphil/status/1290401750827048960?s=19

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Really was hoping we would have some kind of official announcement today regarding the Grand Prix. Apparently no announcement will be coming until Tuesday or Wednesday. Although this is still speculation at this point, Phil Hersh is usually pretty good about having his "ear to the ground" about stuff like this. He was posting some comments today on Twitter of what the competitions might look like.
https://twitter.com/olyphil/status/1290401750827048960?s=19

There was an announcement.
It looks like senior Grand Prix events are scheduled to go ahead! With mainly athletes who live in or train in the host country taking part.
I really wonder what this means for Shoma. I worry about his safety plus is he heading back to Switzerland soon? Not even sure if he would consider staying in Japan given the uncertainty with travel?

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There was an announcement.
It looks like senior Grand Prix events are scheduled to go ahead! With mainly athletes who live in or train in the host country taking part.
I really wonder what this means for Shoma. I worry about his safety plus is he heading back to Switzerland soon? Not even sure if he would consider staying in Japan given the uncertainty with travel?

Yes, these are all great questions. Although he certainly isn't obligated to do so, I hope he lets us know what his intentions are. I suppose it would be possible to make a good case for either Japan or Switzerland. Safety first, as always. I wondered if he would even consider new programs, or is it really necessary?

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
It's likely the Japan Federation would want him at NHK as the national champion, isn't it? It would be the weirdest if both top Japanese men got back to their training bases, and skated at SC and IDF respectively. I am thinking Shoma is more likely to be at NHK than Yuzuru.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's likely the Japan Federation would want him at NHK as the national champion, isn't it? It would be the weirdest if both top Japanese men got back to their training bases, and skated at SC and IDF respectively. I am thinking Shoma is more likely to be at NHK than Yuzuru.

Yes, it seems like they would probably want him at NHK. At this point though, everything is so strange that I'm expecting anything! It's always seemed to me that he doesn't care all that much where he has to compete, he just goes! :laugh:

c3zara

On the Ice
Country
Romania

Vilya

On the Ice
Country
Finland
Idk if you noticed but Shoma/his team added English translations for all the descriptions on his yt channel and said that English subs will be available from the next video. So sweet.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwuVQosBiHDBrU851oSVk0Q

That's so kind of them! After all it really takes some time and effort to translate and then add the subtitles so I'm really grateful. I'm also happy that Shoma and his team could see the amount of international fans he has! Can't wait for the next video :luv17:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wasn't that fun?! :dance2:You can see some of the sharpness was missing in spots, but overall it looked really good. After all, that is not an easy program to skate! :points: The 4T-3T was beautiful. :gclap: Loved the very special ending! So awesome to have the English subtitles. :hap10: :hap85: :dance3: So good of them to be doing this.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Amazing skater, champion gamer and now a budding youtube super star. :clap:

GO Shoma!

Vilya

On the Ice
Country
Finland
I loved Shoma's new video so much!! :hap93: His commentary was just golden - especially the part with Grespi's new ending pose :laugh2: The subtitles really were a treat too! I can't wait for more :clap:

rabidline

Final Flight

I lost count of just how many times I watched this video. It just makes me super super super super happy! Seeing him having fun watching and commenting on his own skating, and seeing him skate.... so grateful that Shoma and his team are making so much effort to share these videos with us. And the English subtitles! It means so much to be able to understand the video at the same time with the Japanese fans :luv17:

Love his sense of humor :laugh: the cheeky smile after messing up the sit spin, telling himself to quit if he doesn't do it properly LOL, and of course the new ending pose :laugh2: Even his manager joined the fun by telling him off. And I love the way he presents his criticism and feedback to himself. He's critical but he did it in a very good natured way- I can't help but smile when he said at the end, he'll expect better from himself next time. It's so Shoma to say so. To think he'll have more of these videos.... I can't wait, I feel so lucky to be his fan :luv17:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I lost count of just how many times I watched this video. It just makes me super super super super happy! Seeing him having fun watching and commenting on his own skating, and seeing him skate.... so grateful that Shoma and his team are making so much effort to share these videos with us. And the English subtitles! It means so much to be able to understand the video at the same time with the Japanese fans :luv17:

So "true confessions". Maybe 1000 of the 100K views are yours?! :rofl: (just kidding) I have watched it more than once too, and each time I watch, I notice something new. The ending when he drops his hand to the ice according to the musical beat cracks me up. Just seeing him being in a good place mentally makes me happy!

And ANOTHER new photo of Queen Toro with ANOTHER new toy?! I'm beginning to think maybe we need Tree to create one of those "daily" accounts called Daily Toro. Heck, I've seen them for Javi, Shoma, Keiji. Why not Toro? What deep thoughts is she trying to tell us with those sweet eyes?! https://twitter.com/quadthrow/status/1292426264087846914?s=20