Shoma Uno | Page 763 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Darya Usacheva, the bronze JGP finalist gave an interview today and answered a couple of questions about Uno:

https://m.gazeta.ru/amp/sport/2019/12/12/a_12861728.shtml?__twitter_impression=true

What she says right around the picture with Uno that:

“When I spotted Uno for the first time, I was stupefied. Before I always watched him on TV, and here, suddenly — he is standing right there, alive.

Before I met Uno personally, I did not realize how small he really was. Of course, the Internet has his stats, but I always thought he’d be taller than me. And it turned out that Shoma is almost the same height as myself. (Laughs)

I got a picture with Uno only at the very end, because I was afraid to ask. But he turned out to be a very kind guy. One couldn’t feel at all around him that he was a star: he had no problems taking pictures with everyone and gave out souvenirs. He brought me a magnetic necklace, I was really flattered. I spoke to him in English, but he didn’t understand it very well.

Q: is it true that Shoma sleeps a lot, including in the middle of the training day?

USACHEVA: I personally did not see him asleep, except on Lisa Tursynbavea’s Instagram picture. But, in general, a lot of people sleep during the day because they get tired, as they are not used yet to the training loads such as we have during the camp.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks taro for the translation. The interplay between those two is quite sweet and also hilarious. :)

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We have a new word -- shomanize! I love it. We can add it to our list.

dramasocks

On the Ice
Again, many thanks to Taro for the translations! Hearing more of Shoma’s voice on things is always a treat

And glad to get some updates on how things went in Champery! It’s nice to see him so smiley and looking so joyful. Off ice training was interesting too. Ahhhh the 3A4T, hope it is current footage (and like c3zara said he’s wearing the same clothes so maybe?) Would love to see it in competition again whenever he feels ready to show it.

Anyway, glad to have this update and peek into Shoma’s time at Champery! (and to be able to look at that scenic view again!)

“Shomanize” is a great addition to my vocabulary :laugh:

Anyway, update from Itsuki! Shoma’s home!
https://twitter.com/jumokuno0108/sta...258223105?s=21

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:thank: :bow: :thank: :bow: :thank: :bow: :thank: :bow: :thank: :bow:

Thank you Tree (and dramasocks for posting). So good to see them together! Sho looks good. I'm sure he's glad to have his food. Where's his niku?!

Ah, so it's Gramps' birthday. 3rd photo shows the beautiful cake. Thx feimeicheng.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B6FOlgJpMeI/

rabidline

Final Flight
Thanks taro for the translation! The more Shoma/Kanako banter I read the more I'm convinced they should have their own variety show someday. Maybe one of those travel features where they try local food? Shoma's deadpan comments are a good balance to Kanako's infectious spirit XD

Awesome to know Shoma's back in Japan with Itsuki and his family! And looking especially good and glowing too! Of course I'm speaking as a shoomed DBC member. Happy birthday Grandpa Uno!

The pre-Nats Champery feature is just so lovely... of course the 3A4T is great but the uplifting tone of it, with Stephane enthusiastically saying every moment spent with Shoma is pure joy... it's so heartwarming. Shoma sounds determined and happy too <3 everything I can ask as a fan T.T

harimaron

Rinkside
Happy Birthday to Grandpa Uno! I'm glad we have Itsuki to give us content that shows Shoma alive and well.

I'm so happy about Stephane. I've wanted this partnership since earlier this year but I didn't think it would actually happen (I didn't think he'd actually 'graduate' from his coaches at the time). Stephane seems so kind and good for him, I love it.

And--Shomanize. Great word. I've listened to that interview many times and had written my own translation even, but didn't really do anything with it, so thank you for posting yours. :D

rabidline

Final Flight
taro, thanks again for your Shoma content translation, you've been doing them in lightning speed and posting so often too! Lucky to have you in this FF.

That was really a great pre-Nats Shoma feature. Love the ending with Shoma wanting to have a good performance because that's what he's happy with, and wanting to move 3 steps forward instead of 1 step. Really sounds like he's able to look forward for his next move instead of spinning around in place, perhaps because now he has someone by his side to encourage and support him? ;)

Whatever happens at Nats, I look forward to his skating. Can't wait to see how Grespi and DOMO have grown. Ganba Shoma!

Vilya

On the Ice
Country
Finland
Thank you so much again, taro! Always pure joy to read your translations ;) I'm so excited but also super nervous about the nationals. I just hope Shoma can end his performances with a smile!

Also another new Shoma photo from Champery! This one is soooooo pretty! Link

Bel

On the Ice
Finally some Shoma news! Great clip and thanks Taro for the translation! The contrast between him after Worlds and now is so big. He feels good and it shows :) I hope he can use the newly found peace at Nats and have a performance he's happy with.

moonstruck

On the Ice
thanks taro for all of your translations! lots of nice new Shoma content these past couple days :hap93: seems like Shoma is going into Nationals with a positive mindset and confidence :) I'm so excited to see him skate again soon!

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

deedee1

Record Breaker
It's just turned December 17th Japan time. :)

:hb::hb: Happy Birthday to Shoma! :hb::hb: Good luck to him at the upcoming J-Nats!!! :cheer: