Shoma Uno | Page 782 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I don’t think I’m past the shock yet of Shoma actually coming here. Such a strange feeling, especially after him WDing last year. I have to remember to bring my Japanese flags. And I have a few plushies ready to throw on the ice. :biggrin:
Edit: sure hope the weather is better next week! Storm at the beach is no fun.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I don’t think I’m past the shock yet of Shoma actually coming here. Such a strange feeling, especially after him WDing last year. I have to remember to bring my Japanese flags. And I have a few plushies ready to throw on the ice. :biggrin:
Edit: sure hope the weather is better next week! Storm at the beach is no fun.

Lucky you and throw the plushies for luck!

die Wolke

Rinkside
SATOKO MIYAHARA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XltCykqdpE
Apr 17th, 2017

00:37
-This month, Shoma Uno won silver at Worlds.
And right after he finished his FS, (Loco) we saw him doing this victory pose which he actually dedicated to one of his fellow skaters.

I saw Satton doing this at GPF in her warmup.

-By "Satton," he's refering to Satoko Miyahara, the leading skater in ladies' figure skating of Japan.
Here's a video clip of her striking that victory pose while she's doing the warmup.
That's part of her rituals to get into the competition mode.
Unfortunately, she had to resign from Worlds due to the recent injury.
Since they're both 19 years old and have been fighting together in the international arenas for a while,
he wanted to show his support for her by doing this.

I got to skate well in FS as well, so I thought to borrow that from her.
She's a hardworker so it must be very hard for her to have gotten herself injured like this all because of the practices she'd done.
I didn't hear it before. They are so lovely ;___;
Thanks for translations!

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I am craving Uno’s skating like chocolate, heh. I just watched two competitions in a row this weekend, and went back to an epic Fernandez collection... but I must rewatch Uno’s Nationals...

16Olympics

On the Ice
Thanks for the link. I always wondered what kind of ballet training Shoma had w/his coaches in Japan. I think Koshiro will benefit from this training also. His tech is improving so a boost in artistry will elevate his skating.

Vilya

On the Ice
Country
Finland
Finally some new Team Champéry content :luv17: Shoma is so small and cute, as always! :laugh:

16Olympics

On the Ice
And here's another one. :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWgAY6Ua7YQ

-In an interview before GPF 2016-

00:15
-About Ms. Machiko Yamada, one of his coaches.

She's always there for me to support me, so it's very encouraging.

-Machiko says it's shocking how much mens' figure skating has evolved over the last couple of years.

Machiko: Oh, it's too fast. If you only knew how strenuous it's been for us to keep up. lol
We'd say, "why, we've finally gotten this one (Shoma) this far just recently and now you're saying that's not enough?"
We'd always thought of quads as something like a holy grail.
And now there's just about everybody that lands them. We just change our mindset or we'll be left behind.

-To compete on the highest level, they need more than 2 kinds of quads in the layout today.
So what makes Uno competitive even in this climate?

M: He'd go through practice after practice. That's part of his strengths in my opinion.

-She says he outdoes almost all of her pupils in terms of the level of the committment to hard work.
And now he's a freshman in college, she respects his independence to work on his own.

M: I can comfortably let him grow on his own pace.
There's no suggestion on my part. I let him do what he thinks he needs to do.

-The last month at K&C at Rostelecom, he showed this V sign (Japanese "peace" sign) to the camera.
But what we didn't see was that it was him making good on the promise he made with Ms. Yamada.

She often tells me to send a V sign for her after FS.
I happened to remember it at Rostelecom, so I sent it to her.

M: I was happy seeing that knowing how exhausted and preoccupied he must've been while he's sitting at K&C.
It's so nice of him that he did it for me.

Thanks, Taro. He's so thoughtful. And sweet.

die Wolke

Rinkside
-The last month at K&C at Rostelecom, he showed this V sign (Japanese "peace" sign) to the camera.
But what we didn't see was that it was him making good on the promise he made with Ms. Yamada.

She often tells me to send a V sign for her after FS.
I happened to remember it at Rostelecom, so I sent it to her.
If I remember it right, he showed this sign after FS at Nationals :think:

Edit: Yeah, it seems so for me on 11:12 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAx5H0LzZ3g

taro

Rinkside
aSorry before I leave I want to ask you guys this,
is it what it is when the administration moved your post to the paid contents area without asking your permission
and they won't even allow you to delete, fix or read your own post?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
gsk8:
It's too late to delete them now as it caused a lot of discussion.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And is it normal when you ask them about the messages you got that they moved to speakeasy
(because I wanted to be able to PM the users that took time to write messages to me there in case I ever want to create a blog)
and they simply refuse to answer and ask you to PAY for it if you want to know about them?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
gsk8:
As mentioned before, instead of deleting as you initially requested, we decided to put it in the Speakeasy as there was already a similar post there.
We don't have time to copy/paste users, etc. but you are certainly welcome to sign up as a GS Supporter to access that forum.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

rabidline

Final Flight
Thank you taro for the translation! I really adore Shoma's relationship with Machiko-sensei.

Yes, it's the 14th of February already where I live, and Arriba's post of Irina's art made me realize that La Vie en Rose is pretty much a perfect Valentine skate from Shoma :luv17:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD5yiey3zNQ

Wishing all the love for Shoma and for all DBC members too!

Vilya

On the Ice
Country
Finland
Happy Valentine's day everyone! I think I will have to go watch La Vie en Rose again now :D

Danibellerika

Medalist
Happy Valentine's Day guys! I guess I just gave myself a present as I've decided to come to terms with the highway robbery prices :)rolleye::rolleye::rolleye::rolleye:) and go to Worlds. It's just too close to miss out and...YOLO I guess. Looking to forward to watching Shomita!!