Shoma Uno | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

ioanna

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Shoma for winning JGP Croatia with a new personal best: 227 points.

His first 4T was shaky and he put his hand down (and received -1,86 GOE for it) but it was fully rotated and so was his 4T-2T. His 3Lz was marked with a ! but that's about it. Level 4 on stsq and spins and mostly +GOE on his other triples.

Here is the video of his FS
http://youtu.be/Z5lSx1VsTAw

We're finally going to see Shoma in the Jr Grand Prix Final!

ioanna

Record Breaker
Shoma's message to Daisuke Takahashi

Original source
Source
Translated by ohlovesosweet

"I was so moved by your Vancouver Olympics performances—how you were able to overcome your injury and earn a medal. I was worried that you were going to retire afterwards, but I was so glad to hear you were continuing.
"I wanted to skate even closer with you which motivated me to work hard to get there.
"Being able to compete together at Nationals, as a fan, left a deep impression on me. It was just so much. Your expression was something else. I was just so overwhelmed.
"In regards to your retirement, I’m still… I don’t know how to describe how I feel. Right now there are just no words.
"As a fan of yours, I’m just so, so sad to see you go."

ioanna

Record Breaker
Shoma will be competing at the Junior National Championship this weekend. Wishing him the best of luck!

Also, Daisuke talked about Shoma in the newest episode of Kenji's Room (translation by ohlovesosweet)

Miyamoto: Are there any skaters that have caught your eye?
Takahashi: I don’t know too much about him but Uno Shoma-kun? I sometimes catch his performances, and I remember him as that kid who moves really well. I knew he was always good at performance and expression, but like, the way he uses his arms is so beautiful. They’re so relaxed and not at all tense. It took me a little bit by surprise.
Miyamoto: He was incredible in his last competition wasn’t he.
Takahashi: He was. He landed quads, and I heard he almost has the triple axel. He’s grown and matured so much in just one year hasn’t he. I’m excited to see what else he has in store and to see the skater he will become.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Shoma will be competing at the Junior National Championship this weekend. Wishing him the best of luck!

Also, Daisuke talked about Shoma in the newest episode of Kenji's Room (translation by ohlovesosweet)

Wow Shoma must be tickled pink to have caught the eye of and been praised by his idol Daisuke. :)

0smile0

Rinkside
According to twitter's report, Shoma landed 3A successfully today at Japanese Junior Championship. He got 82.72 (45.92/36.80).
Wow for Shoma. He seems to finally get it. He also landed a few 3As in practices.

ioanna

Record Breaker
Shoma wrote a long message for Dai in a Japanese magazine (I think it's Quadruple2015). Very touching and it shows Shoma's deep respect for him, as well as Dai's kind nature.

Translation by miyu from DTFF

I’m one of the fans of Daisuke Takahashi-senshu.

I met him for the first time when I was in the third grade in elementary school and skated in my first gala. Takahashi-senshu kindly talked to me who was extremely nervous in the locker room. I said to him “I was moved by your performance of ‘The phantom of the opera’ at the Japanese Nationals 2006. I watched it closely as I worked as a flower boy! I loved it very much. I watch it repeatedly!” Then he made me laugh, saying “You have to watch only that (JN’s) POTO, because that was good. Please don’t watch the others.”

Takahashi-senshu is always so kind. Every time we were in the same gala, he always talked to me to prevent me from being alone.

I had a chance to see his practice in Chukyo University when he came back from the injury. (before Vancouver) As if I were him, my heart beat so fast. I stared at him with my heart racing before he took the ice. Then he started gliding silently and smoothly. It made me so happy. I watched him until the end of the practice.

Regarding Vancouver Olympics, I got so tensed up, more than when I skate, that I didn’t even remember it. After it was over, I watched the recorded video and recalled it. I was really tensed that much. But during his skate in Sochi, I just prayed “he can skate to the end safely” because I knew his injury.

Japanese National Championships was the only competition where I could skate with him. So I was always looking forward to it very much. I have practiced hard, thinking “I want to watch him more closely!” “I can’t get closer to him, unless I become a better skater!” It was like a dream to skate with him in the same stage called JN.
The warm-up of the JN last year was a gem among gems. I was proud that my dream to skate with him in the same group came true.

I wanted him to come back to competitions after taking rest. I had thought that I had to practice more and more in order to participate in the same competitions with him.

Still I haven’t been able to find any words on his retirement. Probably I will realize the fact when JN starts.

For me, Daisuke Takahashi is just the only one.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
So touching, especially the part where Shoma wrote he has been practicing more so he could participate in the same competitions as Daisuke. I hope he may still get his wish. Thanks for sharing.

0smile0

Rinkside
Shoma competed in local competition (Aichi Figure Skating Competition/ Kozuka Torophy) in senior level today.
He was really impressive and got 87.14 with 3A, 4T/ 3F+3T. 4T was a little bit tight, but I guess it was rotated.
When I saw his entry, I thought he would compete as part of preparetion for JGPF, but he seemed to try that layout for Japanese National.

Results (This competition is SP only)
1. Shoma Uno 87.14
2. Ryuju Hino 71.09 4T(fall), 3A, 3Lz+3T
3. Sota Yamamoto 63.50 3A(2foot, maybe<), 3F(hand)+2T, 3Lz

Kanako and Rika are also scheduled to compete the day after tomorrow.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Shoma's scores are on the same level or better than the elite senior skaters. If he podiums at Senior Nationals
I wonder if he will be sent to Junior Worlds or Senior Worlds by his Federation. I think he is ready to compete
with the big boys.

Sweet words from Shoma about Dai-chan!

ioanna

Record Breaker
If he podiums at Senior Nationals I wonder if he will be sent to Junior Worlds or Senior Worlds by his Federation. I think he is ready to compete
with the big boys.
He will most definitely be sent to Junior Worlds but even if he podiums at the Senior Nationals I don't think they will send him to Senior Worlds yet. I can see him moving up to seniors next season though.