Shoma Uno | Page 717 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
^^^ Arriba I guess Calvin has lost out to Hot Body Oil:laugh:

He looks great in that CM.:love: Thanks for all the updates everyone!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^ Arriba I guess Calvin has lost out to Hot Body Oil:laugh:

He looks great in that CM.:love: Thanks for all the updates everyone!

Darn -- they missed their big chance, right?! Same for Diesel! How many hundreds of Diesel t-shirts does he have to wear before they hire him?! I have to double check, but I think his shorts and t-shirt he's wearing at the tailor's place are Diesel! :dumb:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Well Sho is definitely making a statement. Leaves longtime coach, he wants to skate for himself to music that he likes, decides to remain coachless and take his time shopping for a new coaching base. He has done his first CM. It is priceless and a little racy. Yup Shoma is tired of being a boy and has taken control. Good for him!

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Yay! I think Shoma has a good challenger assignment in terms of timing, plus he did pretty well last time he was in Finland ;)
I'm looking forward to seeing who will be accompanying him to all his events throughout the year! (Personally hoping for various retired skaters, but who knows)

Darn -- they missed their big chance, right?! Same for Diesel! How many hundreds of Diesel t-shirts does he have to wear before they hire him?! I have to double check, but I think his shorts and t-shirt he's wearing at the tailor's place are Diesel! :dumb:

I agree with you! :) Definitely spotted Diesel at the tailors!

OniBan

Final Flight
What on earth is a hot body gel?
And that commercial made me feel shoma is gonna glide on me when I put it on. :laugh2:
No Shombardia, he really is doing stuff differently.

You're not entirely wrong on how you feel..the commercial did say 'putting on the lotion feels refined, like Shoma is skating on you' 😂🤣

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
My head is still reeling over Hot Body Gel. I keep thinking about this video below. Here, Shoma is a shy teen mortified in front of the camera. Fame and talent change people, sometimes for the better.

https://youtu.be/rngiSqJkGZo

I read that in order to take this recent group shot, he was extremely hesitant of being the centrepiece and act like Rocky Balboa, and needed a whole lot of coaxing to agree to it. So I think he is basically still the same shy, introverted boy. I guess he is learning to switch to a different mood when it's absolutely called for. Just a process of growing up IMO. ;)

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Tatjana Flade did an interview of Jeremy Abbott for International Figure Skating Magazine. Sounds like Jeremy is possibly shoomed! He had these kind words to say about Shoma:

I love Shoma Uno’s intensity. He has such an abandon. It is like you watch and you’re almost afraid that he doesn’t have control, but he does. He finds the line between complete freedom and control and it’s really cool.

I ended up reading the whole interview. I found it to be very interesting!

jerrymouse333

On the Ice
Country
Japan
I’m sorry I change the subject.
I watched Kanako’s video.
She talks about Shoma.
It’s very difficult to translate for me, but I hope you to understand what she said.
Please correct my mistakes.:pray:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=BDgLFtd9ueY

When I heard Shoma’s graduation, I understood and I felt a little bit sad.
I said to him “Even though you quit the club, you are a my younger brother like always. Do your best.”
It’s his new journey by himself but he has a place to rely on.
He can challenge something new.
My club not only teaches figure skating skills, but also teaches how to live as a human.
I’m really lucky I can meet Machiko-sensei and Mihoko-sensei.
Machiko-sensei always told me to become a well loved skater, and don’t forget the original intention.
I think that’s why Machiko-sensei is great.:love:

I really understand why I love Mao, Kanako and Shoma.
I like them not only as skaters, but as humans.
How can I thank Machiko-sensei and Mihoko-sensei.:luv17:

This is from feimeicheng’s translation from DHC press conference.
I love underlined part.

Q: Do you feel any change after the graduation from your coaches?
Shoma: Not really. I keep practicing at Chukyo’s rink and I meet them sometimes even now. I usually do my practice under my own plan so there’s nothing changed. It may be different when it comes to competitions. Since they told me to keep moving on, I want to do good for them as a rewarding. However, they gave me the advice that I shouldn’t focus too much on the results; instead, it’s better to find my own Skate. Therefore, I will put the weight more on my skating than on the results this season.”