Shoma Uno | Page 722 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

Lyyli

On the Ice
GS is a good decision in his situation. Many skaters are already performing and polishing their new programs. It´s a benefit that he is not starting to learn both of his programs from zero later this month. I think GS will stand out as an exceptionally dynamic program. It seems to arise a lot of energy and joy in him so hopefully he won´t get too nervous for the jumps in the competitions. :laugh:

Interesting to see what happens with his brand new LP. Hopefully he is able skate it well at least at IdF.

jerrymouse333

On the Ice
Country
Japan
I’ve attended The Ice three times this year.
Osaka, Niigata, and Nagoya.
3 shows are all great but the last show was incredible.
Nagoya is Shoma’s home ground and I think almost all the people love Shoma.
Audience was enthusiastic and always cheered for skaters, and skaters looked happy and did their best performances.
What a wonderful moment!!:luv17:

My favorite performances of the last show;:love:

○Great Spirit Shoma
(I’m surprised that he skates Great Spirit for new season’s SP.)
○Me Voy Alina (Just beautiful and love the costume)
○Tango Papadakis Cizeron (Seamless and flowing)
○Matrix Kaori (Kakkoii Kao-chan)

○Opening Shoma and Alina (it’s too short)
https://mobile.twitter.com/_nata_malahova/status/1158080715856257024?s=12
○Five men’s program (just exciting and cool. I’d like to see them evey year)

○Dance battle Guillaume vs Vince (I really love the funny battle between them)

○Shoko-chan and Shoma
It was just gorgeous.
She grow up beautifully.
Last year everybody was surprised, but this year everybody expected Shoko-chan.
About 3 years ago he was too shy to teach dance lesson.
He seemed to enjoy not only the show but Cosplay.
He did the leader of the show perfectly.
Well done Shoma.
I really proud of him.

I hope to watch the last Show on TV.
Can’t wait.

https://mobile.twitter.com/hitsuji_one/status/1158284724973948933?s=17

c3zara

On the Ice
Country
Romania
Thanks for sharing, jerrymouse! :)

They look like a big happy family:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B0yQX7MJ3as/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Actually both Boyang and Nathan said in that short Q&A that it felt like that. feimeicheng translated their parts and Shoma’s:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B0xeu0YJUrs/?igshid=16m89s84emhpu
https://www.instagram.com/p/B0xcIIgpkAV/?igshid=ky97y0j5qit1

Shoma, Nathan and Romain:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B0yS8XJJWy4/?igshid=1elnolsn9qo7u

There’s a new interview with Daniil Samsonov. He said again his fav skater is Shoma and talked a bit about why and his training in Russia:
https://twitter.com/NamoradaRus/status/1158413252294053888?s=20

Love these pics from Shoma and Alina’s number. Can’t wait to see the whole thing:
https://twitter.com/shomandot/status/1158308278448922624?s=20

And new Sho calendar soon:
https://twitter.com/JOANNA0125/status/1158395864932466689?s=20

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Samsonov says in that interview that what he likes in Uno’s performance is that Uno works non-stop, flying from one end of the rink to the other. In terms of learning from Uno, Samsonov says that he tried to learn from the best of Uno’s qualities. He commented that Uno’s 4F technique is peculiar, with an abrupt start of the jump, skate-and-jump, without the ‘triple’. (How that lingo for ‘triple’ translates into English lingo, I am not sure). Samsonov also comments that the Russian skaters did not chat much to Uno, because of the language barrier, with the translator mainly translating the coaches’ instructions to him.

Edit: and, of course, the predicted fall out over GS appropriation of the indigenous culture started. I am going to have to block people on Twitter.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
HaHa Arriba i love your nickname for Gallagher "Scooples Jack". Every time I read it this happens to me :laugh2:

And I LOVED that about 5 hours before he gave the news, he had to say there was a big scoop about an arrangement for next week. I guess David will arrive Tuesday? I hope Sho gets a little bit of a break, even if just a day or two. He has been going non-stop with The Ice.

lariko, surprised the fall out took that long! :dumb:

OniBan

Final Flight

dramasocks

On the Ice
You have to choose 7 out of 146 to make one calendar, according to the tweet.
What I would give for them to just release all the photos in one BOOK! I would gladly pay for all of it!

P/s that photo of him on the futon is ������
Good thing I needed 24 new calendars! :laugh::love:

The futon photo has me swooning :drama: How is he so beautiful!

rabidline

Final Flight
Hello everyone! I was really happy to get the chance to watch the final two shows of The ICE in Nagoya. For the last show, I also had the pleasure to sit next to OniBan and cheer our DB hearts out <3

Before going to The ICE, I went to Yakiniku Rion with OniBan and gacchan. It was Friday so The ICE Nagoya hasn't started, but it was FULL of Shoma fans. Pretty sure Rion was fully booked for the week! Another Shoma fan, Kanna helped us to ask the owner for us to get Shoma's usual table because we came from so far away. We took photos sitting on the chair with Shoma's signature on it. There's a surprise visit from someone very close to Shoma while we're there, too XD Rion's meat is AMAZING.

I went to The ICE evening show for Saturday (Day 1 in Nagoya). I got to meet Mei-san (@feimeicheng) from Instagram who helped me buy the ticket, it was really amazing to finally meet a Shoma fan "senpai" who has helped us a lot with her translations.

The ICE was amazing. Gonna focus on Shoma-related tidbits:

- Shoma opens the show with Alina, in the purple shirt/black tank top costumes. I was surprised that when I see Shoma on ice, he isn't as small as I've heard people say! Shoma has a very nice platonic chemistry with Alina, for me they look like a great pair of friends, our host and hostess for the show <3

- The dance instruction video is SO CUTE! Shoma's soft voice is really lovely. He didn't come out in person but Kaori, Rika, Tomoki and Miyu all taught the audience, with Shoma's video playing in the large screens.

- I was so excited I forgot the Dance Battle after the intermission in the first show. And then Shoma came out in that amazing Toukan Ranbu costume! Marin also had a pretty great costume. Rika didn't get a Toukan Ranbu costume, but she had a nice white sailor suit. The battle was between Yankee Schoolgirl Alina (Kyoko-chan) vs. Minnie Mouse Guillaume. Alina had a cute moment when after she answered some questions from the MC, Shoma asked her to give the mic back and she refused, so he had to waddle-chase her in his hakama XD The crowd was so into both that Shoma looks really conflicted and asked us to clap one more! But I think we were really more into Gui and Shoma cutely (and slowly) raised Guillaume's long arms up. When they did the final lap Shoma's shinsengumi jacket fell off and Marin picked it up, but she won't give it back to him XD

- I got to see This Town in that Pink shirt costume. At first I was confused, but then Shoma did the butterfly entry to his spin and it's tummy tummy and abs festival~~~ I know he can look like he has a soft center but I can confirm he HAS abs.

- This Town flew so fast, so smooth. I think Shoma's a bit tired because The ICE has been going almost non-stop and Nagoya was the last city, but his movements are so in tune to the music that even him at around 30-40% absolutely can captivate and compel you. It really means so much for me to watch his skating live, it really is the main reason for me following FS at the moment. Beautiful 3A and 3S, he tried to fit in a 4T but the setup was really too short. It reminds me of how This Town has a lot of details in it to fit in the harder jumps, but the EX is like a second skin(?) of Shoma that it doesn't feel like that. He really makes it look effortless.

- The Five Guys number is just. It's exactly like the videos. Shoma did a beautiful 4T and a 3A3T when they all did 3As. Of course, he took off his shirt~ also I think in the second show he looked really tired, so I'm glad he landed his jumps in this collab number (and his exhaustion gives him bedroom eyes~)

- At the ending, Shoma had this really cute moment with Boyang when they were about to do a group bow, Boyang wasn't paying attention so Shoma couldn't hold his hand. And then Boyang tried to hold Shoma's hand but Shoma pulled his hand away, they ended up playfighting with their hands swatting each other XD Also Shoma let Boyang pull him and Boyang ran on ice like crazy trying to pull him forward LOL. Also Shoma was supposed to have a final bow with Alina but she forgot XD

I will write about the Final show in a separate post~ aaaahh sorry if my report is too long...

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^What a fun time. Thank you for your vivid report. So glad you got to meet so many DBC members! Can you tell us who is the person who is close to Shoma that you got to meet? Also curious about a few things -- How were the prices at Rion? Did you think they were expensive? Also wondering -- was the venue really hot? It seemed like many people mentioned it.

Isn't This Town amazing? I first saw him perform it at Worlds 2017 and fell in love with it. The butterfly move is so cool.Did Calvin appear during This Town? :laugh:...What an experience. I'm sure you'll never forget it!

rabidline

Final Flight
Ah, Rion's price is similar to the high-end BBQ places I have in my city, so I think it's not too high. With price comes the taste and it's very well worth it!

The venue is hot. I think it's because it's a semi-outdoor arena converted into an ice rink? So when it's intermission time, they keep the entrance open for the fans who went to the restroom, and the hot summer air went in. It is a pretty hot summer in all of Japan, not just Nagoya especially, and the arena is in the port area so the heat was expected. It's just different with Niigata (that a lot of fans went to as well), there the rink was very cold, from what I heard.

Calvin did not make a cameo during this town, Arriba... but Shoma's abs and tummy definitely did, many times <3

rabidline

Final Flight
More of my report on The ICE, this time on the final show:

- the Nagoya shows that I attended is PACKED full of fans, there are maybe only some stray empty seats here and there. It was such an amazing atmosphere, very supportive to all the skaters (a lot of USA and France flags!) but you know when his name is announced: it's Shoma's house and we're all just living in it XD

- We all know that Shoko-chan will appear on the final day, so once the intermission is done and the dance battle is about to begin, the air is full of anticipation. And then Shoma was called AND HE WAS SO BEAUTIFUL!!! I love that the crowd was not only cheering but also cooing at her, it's almost like all of us are welcoming our long lost daughter home XD And Shoma moves so gently in that outfit, I think he's really enjoying being very coquettish. Props to Kaori and Marin who did his make up, it's amazing! Also, there was a moment when the MC announced the rules and prizes of the dance battle. The screens show a close up of Shoko-chan holding the battle bracket board (showing who made the final) and... he blew an airkiss to us!!!! He was so cute.

- The dance battle was Samurai Vincent vs. Guillaume, who had Shoma's Rei blue wig and Shinsengumi jacket, and a mask. They really didn't dance for the battle... it was an actual battle, with Vincent using prop katanas and everything XD Guillaume stripped off his jacket to reveal a sparkly tube top and grabbed Vincent's swords for himself, but Vincent had not just one or two, but three swords. It was more like a comedic cosplay skit (a wonderful idea for next year's show battle!) But the moment Guillaume stripped off I think the audience know he's gonna win, and Shoma definitely didn't hesitate when announcing the winner XD During the dance battle we also noticed all the other skaters watching in the corner with their camera all out LOL. They reached out for a high five when all the cosplayers- skaters on the ice did a lap after the dance battle.

- Grespi Grespi Grespi. THE program of the moment, isn't it. I just have to say, this EX program completely blew everything else out of the water. I'm biased of course, but it just drowned out any other program that came before it (thankfully it's the last individual program). My God, where to even start?? Shoma's movements and skating in this are just insane to watch live. He literally pounds and grinds down with the music to just beat the ice down, bring the entire arena down. The whole arena feels like it was pounding. Grespi just makes him move in a different way compared to This Town, but it's JUST AS GOOD. And the way he moves is so much lighter compared to early versions of Grespi, but it still retains and exudes this incredible power. Just.. the deep, pulsating beat blasting on the arena and Shoma and his skating just matching that intensity and power, feeding each other off... watching this EX live is worth the journey to Nagoya for me. The build up of the program and THAT epic beat drop to start the step sequence... It's just so amazing, there's really nothing like it. Also he did it clean! My stomach turned a bit when I saw Shoma setting up the 4T but he landed it nicely, cherry on top of this pretty amazing performance.

- Finally I saw Shoma's and Alina's final bow at the end, they were so cute. They take turns twirling each other~ Shoma had to reach on tiptoes while Alina did it easily XD Also Shoma is such a responsible host in the end, just coordinating with the cameramen and the skaters to take a group photo, the SQUAD photo, and the Fab Five photo. The encore went on for forever, the crowd didn't really want to let them go. It's really a fantastic show and the cast really did an incredible job.

- After the show, me, OniBan, gacchan and jerrymouse went to Nagoya Tokyu hotel and had the same desserts platter that Shoma had~ it was wonderful and we had lovely afternoon tea time in the hotel. When we were walking back, jerrymouse suddenly gasped and we just passed Nathan, Mariah, Romain and Guillaume!!!!! They were really nice, we took some photos and selfies together. It was really an unexpected ending to a wonderful, wonderful day.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thank you rabidline! I know you cheered extra loud for all of us DBC members. Your reports are so detailed
I felt like I was sitting next to you in the arena. :)