Shoma Uno | Page 762 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank you taro for the wonderful translations! We are really getting spoiled with you doing all this. The Itsuki interview really brought a much-needed smile to my face. I still remember after the Olys where the interviewers were really wanting some profound comment from Itsuki about what Shoma said to him after he came off the ice. Sure! "Let's game!" How profound can you get?! :laugh:

About learning a foreign language, there's no easy way. It requires a lot of discipline, and once you start to gain some proficiency, you need to hear it and speak it as much as possible. In my area, I am fortunate to have TV channels with Spanish programming. I love to listen to the news since they are speaking at 100 mph and it is a challenge to keep up. Spending extended time in the countries where the language is spoken always helps too...I took Japanese for about 6 weeks and did ok with it, but it didn't take me long to realize that I would have to make a HUGE time commitment to it if I wanted to really get some proficiency in it.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
In honor of Shoma's upcoming birthday (and Japanese Nationals), I updated his OP. For now, at least, the video links work.

But I would like to ask your help! Please tell me of important interviews that should be on his page? And of course, any mistakes and dead links?

Thanks, guys!

sallyhatchet

Rinkside
Wow thanks again taro! Lol at him not getting nervous I dont think that's true at least anymore! Awh, Itsuki does a lot for Shoma.

I wish one of us could interview them though - amusing it may be but enough with the gaming and meat talk!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That is one of my favorites too! OK Arriba fess up where are you hiding the Prince?;) Seriously though we should be getting some media news soon, 8 days to Nationals.

Thank goodness Tree gave us a little teaser with those Switzerland photos. I was hoping our Prince hadn't encountered an avalanche! I imagine he is slaving away.

Ah ha! The Switzerland photos translation. Thank you!

Uh oh - here we go with the Sho /animal photos. Someone help me stop! :laugh2:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B56gmylJei5/

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I can totally see how he would be improvising when he is skating — there are always seems to be something a little different :)

rabidline

Final Flight
Waaaaahh I've missed so many translations, thanks so much taro for doing them! They really help when there's so little new Shoma content :(

Actually, you made me melt when you did that...
Right before the music shifted, you skated to a corner of the rink and slided your hand down your neck, like this.
Was it part of the choreography?

No, it's not part of it, it just happens when I'm really into my performance, it just comes out.
And that's something I will never be able to do off ice even if you'd ask me...

That's exactly what I was almost going to ask you, but I knew you wouldn't want to do it!

lol

So it's no choreo? Wow, that was phenomenal.

I...I'm not saying that this is always a positive thing,
but I'd add some choreo to it when I happen to have some space between the moves while skating.
I'd just improvise something.
So everytime I perform, it comes out differently.lol
And they'd say "oh, that move you did right there, it was cool. Can you do it again?"
And even when I'd try, I just can't do it.

Right, it wouldn't happen like that...oh, I'm so happy I was there to watch it!lol

Thanks.

ends at 5:54

LOL this was the Great Spirit I got to watch live at The ICE Nagoya! The shoomed interviewer is absolutely relatable, that moment was dead banana-worthy and I can attest to it. Shoma usually does the Naruto run choreo until the end of EX Grespi so when he dropped it and do that... :dbana: :dbana: :dbana: :dbana: I think I can't focus on anything after, even I missed the announcer saying Great Spirit will be his new SP :laugh: not that I know Japanese, but I knew something was happening when the crowd collectively gasped and started talking to each other :laugh:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

c3zara

On the Ice
Country
Romania
Aaa 3A4T :luv17: You’re right Arriba, I’m not sure the clip is from Switzerland (looks like he has the same clothes though ��)
https://twitter.com/mayo_momo1520/status/1205518306033094657?s=20

Translation from feimeicheng: https://www.instagram.com/p/B6BOPfypDka/?igshid=dqaulifb5y4j

It’s so good to see him looking so happy and with Stephane by his side!

He also appeared in Spoken! but I think we’ve seen most of the footage already, it’s a recap of the season + some baby Sho clips aww

https://twitter.com/hitsuji_one/status/1205528531205115904?s=20

Vilya

On the Ice
Country
Finland
Ahhhh I'm so happy to see him smile :luv17: And Stephane being absolutely lovely with his words again :sad4: I love them both so much! That video truly made my day.

moonstruck

On the Ice
Shoma's smile instantly brightens my day! :luv17: so nice to see an update as I was really starting to miss him lately

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Ooh, I hope that 3a4t is current :) omg, I am cheering so hard for Uno to get those programs polished for Nationals... come on, Uno, you are awesome!