Shoma Uno | Page 784 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

16Olympics

On the Ice
This interview is everything I had ever hoped for and so much more 😭😭 I can't stop grinning when reading!! They are such a wonderful duo and I can't wait to see their future projects together ❤️❤️❤️

There are so many things I could scream about this but I just want to say this part was so hilarious I almost fell from my chair

"And, also, in my exercises I integrate some triple jumps, or some double jumps with arms up – some specific things to fix the axis, or to fix the direction – and as soon as he has to do a double jump… [Stéphane laughs heartily – obviously, Shoma is not a fan of double jumps].

And then I ask him, and he just says: I land only quad jumps.

And I’m like: Ok, do the exercise with a quad then.

Maybe he forgot….

How to do doubles, exactly.

Joking here, you shouldn’t be reminding him…

No, no, he’s fine. When he tells me that, I’m like: Ok, do your quad and, at the end of the practice, maybe we will come back to the exercise."

I noticed in that video of him doing exercises on the ice that he did a double and then a single. I just laugh when I remember Nationals where he joked about single loop. This is so good to see.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hi! Long time lurker on this thread ever since I saw Shoma at IdF (where I was crying inside when watching the stream). But it was also his performance that hooked me and made me a fan :) I thought it was perhaps time for me to introduce myself~

Anyways, another interview with Stephane! https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2020/02/20/shoma-uno-stephane-lambiel-interview/

Welcome Misty Ballet. You picked a great time to join in on the fun. Another great interview from Stephane. We are getting spoiled with all this content. My favorite part of the interview:

Shoma radiates an incredible emotional aura as soon as he steps on the ice. He is exceptional in that respect.

I lived through Japan Nationals with him. In his eyes I found both serenity and a unique wealth. His expression radiates a very strong emotional form, a quiet force that makes audiences vibrate. It comes quite naturally to Shoma, although I’m not sure he is conscious of it. He is very musical, and has quite a natural fluidity in his movement.

16Olympics

On the Ice
Hi! Long time lurker on this thread ever since I saw Shoma at IdF (where I was crying inside when watching the stream). But it was also his performance that hooked me and made me a fan :) I thought it was perhaps time for me to introduce myself~

Anyways, another interview with Stephane! https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2020/02/20/shoma-uno-stephane-lambiel-interview/

I'm a longtime Shoma lurker, too, but for some reason this season Shoma has me caught up in his story. I underestimated his overall greatness and beauty on the ice so for that, I'm grateful that especially after his IDF skate, I'm invested in his journey going forward. Same goes for Jason but not to the extent for what I feel about Shoma. It's ironic that the two most beautiful programs, IMO, this year are from David Wilson featuring Shoma and Jason.

yulikali

Rinkside
What did Stephane even do with this article, I can't...
Apparently now #supersupersupersupercute is a tag on twitter and it's full of smol Shoma content
XD

moonstruck

On the Ice
my heart is warmed by reading Stephane's interviews! he puts into words a lot of the things I love about Shoma and his skating :luv17: I'm curious to hear about their ideas for future programs too, very exciting!

can't wait to see Shoma skate tomorrow!!! it feels like a long time since Nationals. Hopefully all who are attending Challenge Cup will have a great time, and of course I wish Shoma much luck as well! :hap10:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Thanks everybody, am looking forward to tomorrow!
I discovered by accident that this is my ninth year going to the Challenge Cup! :biggrin: Or technically eighth, as they didn’t organize it a few years ago, IIRC.

Nachi

On the Ice
Ahhh...Netherlands are so close yet so far! I wish I could have gone there to watch the skaters live QQ! One day. ONE day I will make it xD ^^°!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

rabidline

Final Flight
The SP will be 1AM my time, but just want to cheer for Shoma here before I rest: GANBA SHOMA!!
Go out there and show us what you got! :hap10:

Group hug everyone :ghug: finally we get to see him skate again. DBC members on site, please cheer hard and have fun for all of us here!