Shoma Uno | Page 785 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

Nachi

On the Ice
I hope the ice quality of this rink is fine enough for training. It's quite small and seems like it's usually not there. I think countries where figure skating or ice skating in general isn't that big don't have big arenas or the like. So I hope the ice is fine :).

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Arriba I just noticed your new avatar, love it. Time to get the Bulldozer out for so many reasons.;)

jerrymouse333

On the Ice
Country
Japan
Thanks everybody, am looking forward to tomorrow!
I discovered by accident that this is my ninth year going to the Challenge Cup! :biggrin: Or technically eighth, as they didn’t organize it a few years ago, IIRC.

You missed Shoma last year.
Just enjoy the competition.
Please cheer loud for Shoma.
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Go Shoma!
You are an owner of “Great Spirit”.
:dance3::dance3::dance3:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Shoma at this morning's practice at CC. 3A looks solid.

https://twitter.com/nwcgold2020/status/1230873147005489152

Shoma's mother and brother are there. Go Shoma!!

That 3A was a beauty! He seemed to be skating "full out" in that run through. Hope he didn't tire himself out. He looks really good -- fit, well-trained, in good condition. Glad Itsuki and Mom are there too, although so far I haven't seen Mom in any photos...This seemed like a good time to bring the bulldozer avatar back!

Virtual group hug! :ghug:

16Olympics

On the Ice
That 3A was a beauty! He seemed to be skating "full out" in that run through. Hope he didn't tire himself out. He looks really good -- fit, well-trained, in good condition. Glad Itsuki and Mom are there too, although so far I haven't seen Mom in any photos...This seemed like a good time to bring the bulldozer avatar back!

Virtual group hug! :ghug:

The first group has started. Shoma up in the 2nd group.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Maybe it's the camerawork or the livestream, but I never really noticed before how fast Shoma skates :luv17:

Lovely of Shoma to pick up the skate guard for her!

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I hope the ice quality of this rink is fine enough for training. It's quite small and seems like it's usually not there. I think countries where figure skating or ice skating in general isn't that big don't have big arenas or the like. So I hope the ice is fine :).

Please don’t assume the ice is not good. The practice rink is always there (officially called the fun rink) as is the main rink. Ice skating is HUGE in the Netherlands. It’s just that we suck at figure skating. ;-)
The fun rink is located within (!) the 400 meter oval speed skating rink, which is why it looks so odd. And you can only access the rink via two bridges, crossing over the speed skating oval.

rabidline

Final Flight
I just woke up and aaaaaah look at Shoma go, even the streaming camera can't handle all that speed and details. I think he's a bit nervous, 4F wasn't working too well in practice but was beautiful during the comp LOL. Thankfully IDF redux didn't happen. 4T landing and no combo were unfortunate given he did a couple pretty 4T3T in practice, but he hung on to that 3A!

The ease and energy throughout the program is just ❤👌 He didn't lose any breath at all, it's amazing. I'm so impressed at how he still projects immense power even when his movements have gotten so much lighter.

To DBC members attending, so lucky! Please enjoy the free as well!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The ease and energy throughout the program is just ❤�� He didn't lose any breath at all, it's amazing. I'm so impressed at how he still projects immense power even when his movements have gotten so much lighter.

To DBC members attending, so lucky! Please enjoy the free as well!

This is what caught my attention the most is that the program is becoming more and more fluid, and you can tell how his stamina is improving with each outing. It's a pretty challenging program, but he never loses his speed or great carriage throughout. Too bad about the combination, and the 3A wasn't quite his best either - usually he has more control as he comes out of it and goes into a transition. Still, an amazing skate. He has a month more to get it in even better shape for Worlds.

Go Shoma! Go DBC members -- get your lungs in shape for tomorrow! :yahoo:

16Olympics

On the Ice
Good job Shoma! :luv17:

Shoma doing warm-up and Stéph helps in a very... Stéphane-ish way https://twitter.com/Mary_from_Mars/status/1230941133414555648?s=20

This moment was adorable and so funny, a girl splooted right in front of Shoma and Shoma can't figure out what to do :laugh: https://twitter.com/Y_uuuuwa1/status/1230931481968566272?s=20

Haha. I think Shoma was nervous. Stephane saw he needed calming down. Lots riding on today. New coach, family & agent there and practically all eyes on him. Might account for the wild landings but the skating was sublime. Good to get this out of his system so he can do some 'new' quads he has planned to liven up the free skate.

Danibellerika

Medalist
Go Shoma!! :hap10::hap10::hap10:

So I started a new job in October and one of my coworkers likes skating! She hasn't really followed it in years though and asked me to pull some good videos for her. Of course she's gonna get a good helping of Shomita if I have anything to say about it. But this is insane, I can't find a link to his Olympic free skate!! Does anyone have a link? I feel like I could easily access it before and I've watched it a ton. To say I'm irritated doesn't quite cut it. Please halp! :sad46:

dramasocks

On the Ice
Here’s a video of his free skate on the Olympic channel website! Hope this helps :)

Also want to say, yay Shoma! He’s made some amazing improvements with his SP over the season. It feels like it’s really in his body now, with the energy and flow he has. A couple of nerves perhaps, some things with the jumps, but overall a good skate! And great to see him smiling so much and having fun.