Victoria Sinitsina & Nikita Katsalapov | Page 60 | Golden Skate

Victoria Sinitsina & Nikita Katsalapov

Mdk0144

On the Ice
They have a pretty distinct Russian style. I see this as a pretty tasteful evolution from their last year's program. I applaud Zhulin for his good taste in picking Dvorak, whose music is not only textually and melodically beautiful but has a lot of deep feelings. They still need to skate up to it, to go deeper. But so far it's looking promising. Sinitsina looks especially great.

same here. they don't actually look particually similar to the french. this team's style is more romantic and dramatic, I really enjoy watching them.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
The low score is deserved. Their Finnstep pattern was sloppy. Nikita needs to calm down and rush less with the holds and when turning Vika. His upper body becomes rigid when he rushes.

I do think that this program still has potential. Likely will have less of what they had in their Tango RD last season though. They really have to clean things for this Rd capture the lightness they had in the test skates

Olibritt

On the Ice
Country
Spain
Less tan two weeks and that RD looks like a different program. What happened?
Vika was the protagonist and now, Nikita is the only one in the scene and Vika, in that dress seems to be a heavy rain drop out of place.

I hope they fix it soon. And that dress, she better get rid of it.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I loved the dress. But their timing was a bit off, thoug it's early in the season so they have room to improve.

happycamper2554

On the Ice
If anything I think this was good for them. They are usually extremely sink or swim. I was happy that even though it wasn't perfect it didn't completely fall apart. Nikita was able to recover on his twizzles. Not every skate can be perfect. I think he looked very tense. I worry that he is feeling that pressure of being a top team again. I hope Vika and the rest of their team can help him relax a little for the free.

Mdk0144

On the Ice
I think nikita may lost his concentration due to the accident in the beginning, he's sensitive. I'm glad that though he looked very tense he managed to skate with no major mistake (stepping out of the twizzles or things like that) and vika looks extremely calm and encouraging him throughout their skate.

I think Vika's outfit is wonderful, but they were just a little too tense here. I felt the lift should be fixed tho.

Olibritt

On the Ice
Country
Spain
Well, that FD was better, much better. The program was still a draft at russian tests, now it's done, it's a whole program. I like it. Some of the lifts were amazing and this time Vika's dress is beautiful, she looks great.
The only problem that I see is that, if they want to be contenders for world's silver (at least, of course) they need to make that score grow a lot.
The season has begun…:yes2:

Eisfee

On the Ice
Well, that FD was better, much better. The program was still a draft at russian tests, now it's done, it's a whole program. I like it. Some of the lifts were amazing and this time Vika's dress is beautiful, she looks great.
The only problem that I see is that, if they want to be contenders for world's silver (at least, of course) they need to make that score grow a lot.
The season has begun…:yes2:

I really like their FD!! Still a lot of work ahead but could be great later this season. They had good levels except the CoSpin, only level 2. Lost minimum 2 points here. And the judges were not generous with GOE and PCS.
Now they need to work and Nikita to calm down.:pray:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I thought the first part of the FD was a generic mish-mash. The last part, though, was where they had my attention. I think it is where SinKats just embraced and refined the drama-tude that made them, them. Their curve lift reminds of me one of my favorite Shibutani lifts (ie. from their first Coldplay FD).

Reinvigorate the first part to fit them more and continue to refine the last part. I did notice some sloppy moments from Nikita but he handled the FD well. Vika remains amazing as always.

Olibritt

On the Ice
Country
Spain

Vika's dress fixed... Great! :agree:
The last lift changed, but I wouldn´t say successfully, the previous one was weird and not well fitted for the theme and this one is absolutely unoriginal.
That was much better that Nepela's performance. I'm not sure about the score, but the RD has, again the original flavor.

Roast Toast

Medalist
Much like last season's RD, the midline step is the strongest part of the program imo. I find Nikita kinda loses the music afterwards and starts rushing a little. It's interesting that, where other skaters need to amp it up as the season progresses, he needs to tone it down! :yahoo:

LaArdilla

Medalist
Hang on, do Shanghai Trophy results count at all? It’s not a Challenger event so either way this should not be considered, as far as I know.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Will their score count as seasons and personal best, I wonder?!:confused:

No. This is a commercial event. You go there, provided that you were invited, for the money. 25 thousand dollars is not a bad way to spend the weekend for an easy win ;) GP events for example, only pays 18k for a win.

Eisfee

On the Ice
No. This is a commercial event. You go there, provided that you were invited, for the money. 25 thousand dollars is not a bad way to spend the weekend for an easy win ;) GP events for example, only pays 18k for a win.

Ok...thanks!! Then they shouldn't show SB when the scores came up. It's confusing.