Victoria Sinitsina & Nikita Katsalapov

MariaRafael

Rinkside
The situation in the Russian national team:
1. Bobrova-Soloviev
2. Ilyinikh-Zhiganshin
3. Monko-Khalyavin
4. Stepanova-Bukin

Sinitsina Kazalapov can compete for the 5th place only which keeps him off the national team and European and World championships.

bramweld

Record Breaker
The situation in the Russian national team:
1. Bobrova-Soloviev
2. Ilyinikh-Zhiganshin
3. Monko-Khalyavin
4. Stepanova-Bukin

Sinitsina Kazalapov can compete for the 5th place only which keeps him off the national team and European and World championships.

If they had done a senior B to erase the memories of NHK they could be pulling for higher places. There was Golden Spin, Santa Claus Cup and others. I feel for them though. Maybe Victoria's fall was harder than she let on or Marina is doing some major changes to the FD. It seems too difficult for them at the moment. All the best though going forward.

MariaRafael

Rinkside
Wisp of a thing? She is 4 cm taller and 5 kg heavier than Elena. That is why Katsalapov can hardly drag her. She is very slow, her stance is too high, technically she is so much inferior to Elena ... OK, the guy got what he wanted, serves him right.

adelia

Record Breaker
Wisp of a thing? She is 4 cm taller and 5 kg heavier than Elena. That is why Katsalapov can hardly drag her. She is very slow, her stance is too high, technically she is so much inferior to Elena ... OK, the guy got what he wanted, serves him right.
This is the wrong thread for you, take it elsewhere.

adelia

Record Breaker
Posted in the other thread:
Yes, thank you! To all of you disregarding Nick(Nikita) and Vika, saying they don't work hard or whatever, you don't know what you're talking about because I see them train everyday, working at the rink for many many hours. And to those of you that say he is a jerk, he is most definitely not. He is sensitive and is anything but you say mean about him. He congratulates and wishes good luck to all the other dancers at the rink and gets along with everyone and shows concern for younger skaters if they're troubled. Maybe he has a big ego, and "doesn't back it up with his skating" but it will make him a champion one day, because he and Victoria will be fantastic one day!

bramweld

Record Breaker
Posted in the other thread:

All the best to Viki and Nik. I think all has turned out for the better for both pairs. Somehow in my mind they fit each other better. Some will just take more time to gel, thats it. I hope in time people will stop talking about the split first because we'll never truly understand it all and second because it is really none of our business.

adelia

Record Breaker
Minor improvement in the SD and big improvement in the FD is how I would sum up this competition for them. They improved a few TES issues in the FD but the TES in the SD still remains way too low. Overall they seemed happy after the FD and that was good to see. Nice emotional hug after the program ended.

LisaM

Medalist
I just have to come in here and say congratulations on a great competition for these two. I am glad to see that they are fighters and I hope to see them grow closer towards each other.

adelia

Record Breaker
They did well. At practice, they seemed to really drill the long dance and not as much on short dance, so there seems to be a correlation. Also, does this mean that they will be going to the EC and Worlds?
No, it is highly unlikely they will be going to Euros or Worlds. But I think that is better for them. They need the extra time to work on gelling as a team. About the SD, I blame Marina. 27, 28 points for TES is just horrible. S/K are better than that. Marina needs to hire another tech expert if she can't figure out how to get those higher levels.

uhh

Medalist
No, it is highly unlikely they will be going to Euros or Worlds. But I think that is better for them. They need the extra time to work on gelling as a team. About the SD, I blame Marina. 27, 28 points for TES is just horrible. S/K are better than that. Marina needs to hire another tech expert if she can't figure out how to get those higher levels.

The step sequences are all set up to get the level 4s though with the required number of turns of each type, so is the rotational lift that hasn't been getting the levels. But it seems no one points out why they miss the levels - Nikita checks his final rotation on the lift every time and so they only get level 2, on the steps you see the wobbly edges on Victoria's 1 foot turns, so it's not counted as a clean turn and so again they won't get high levels. The reference for requirements is here if any one is interested: http://static.isu.org/media/156286/handbook-for-technical-panels-2014.pdf . It's been the same mistakes at each event, so isn't anyone at Canton tackling these problems?

adelia

Record Breaker
The step sequences are all set up to get the level 4s though with the required number of turns of each type, so is the rotational lift that hasn't been getting the levels. But it seems no one points out why they miss the levels - Nikita checks his final rotation on the lift every time and so they only get level 2, on the steps you see the wobbly edges on Victoria's 1 foot turns, so it's not counted as a clean turn and so again they won't get high levels. The reference for requirements is here if any one is interested: http://static.isu.org/media/156286/handbook-for-technical-panels-2014.pdf . It's been the same mistakes at each event, so isn't anyone at Canton tackling these problems?
I can only conclude that Marina and her coaching team are inept with tech details.

BounceAround

On the Ice
It looks like this was their last competition of the season. I'm glad that they had a good free dance, since I really like the choreography for that program. I wouldn't mind if they kept it for another year.

bramweld

Record Breaker
It looks like this was their last competition of the season. I'm glad that they had a good free dance, since I really like the choreography for that program. I wouldn't mind if they kept it for another year.

They could do other Senior B's right or the Universade? I think, just to track their progress and get more competition experience.

As for their TES, I don't think their coaches are blind. They just need more practice time. Lena and Ruslan simply have exceptional skating skills, especially with regards to edge control. They were just really exhausted tonight.

But back to the point, S/K showed real promise tonight.

mnm464

On the Ice

oh. I see. I remember Yu-Na said she had to do a smaller International Competition to gain points for worlds, so this point-gain principle applies to this duo as well?

Abraxis12345

Final Flight
They finished fourth. Only 3 couples go. The Russian federation will more often than not go with the podium finish at Nationals to go to Euros, unless a top skater missed nationals for some reason or, in the case of Kovtun in 2013, someone whines enough that the fourth or fifth place finisher needs experience or would do better. Why would the federation remove a couple who finished third at Nationals and has the TES minimums for both the SD and FD for a couple who doesn't?

bramweld

Record Breaker
They finished fourth. Only 3 couples go. The Russian federation will more often than not go with the podium finish at Nationals to go to Euros, unless a top skater missed nationals for some reason or, in the case of Kovtun in 2013, someone whines enough that the fourth or fifth place finisher needs experience or would do better. Why would the federation remove a couple who finished third at Nationals and has the TES minimums for both the SD and FD for a couple who doesn't?

The third couple on the team will either be S/B or B/S. Zueva should send them to another high profile competition so that they can earn more points for next year as well as the technical minimum for SD for worlds, just in case. More competitive experience would only be a benefit for these two.

LisaM

Medalist
So they are getting to go to Universiade! I'm not sure who else will be going there, but what do we think of their chances?