Victoria Sinitsina & Nikita Katsalapov | Page 59 | Golden Skate

Victoria Sinitsina & Nikita Katsalapov

Roast Toast

Medalist
Is it just me or is Victoria the star of this program? Really nice to see them branch out from the Nikita show. Great flow and amplitude at this point of the season and I love the new lift!

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Is it just me or is Victoria the star of this program? Really nice to see them branch out from the Nikita show. Great flow and amplitude at this point of the season and I love the new lift!

Nikita finally figured out how to lower down his performance ego? :biggrin::laugh:

In all seriousness though, this RD is a wonderful program for them despite of how early it is. I can't wait to see how their FD looks like tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Olibritt

On the Ice
Country
Spain
When I first heard that "Singing in the rain" was going to be their RD, the first word that came to mind was "virtuosismo", I thought that they were looking for a Katsalapov's exhibition of virtuosity and all I could think of was Gene Kelly jumping in the puddles :hap85::hap85::hap85:… Clearly, I have no future as a fortune teller :laugh:
I really like it, as Roast Toast said before, Victoria is the star of the RD but it still keep the charm of the song, because they are acting. I can´t wait to see this program grow!!

Artemisa

Final Flight
The FD is beautiful ... but i'm sad because they are trying to skate similar to the french pair ... and in the comparation they will loose

Roast Toast

Medalist
The FD is beautiful ... but i'm sad because they are trying to skate similar to the french pair ... and in the comparation they will loose

Eh it is somewhat similar but I feel like they are trying to go for a more narrative approach and can set themselves apart that way. I agree that it is not the best way to challenge P/C because it is very much on their turf, but remember what Zhulin said about calm music helping Nikita skate clean.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I think also going in a totally different style compared to P/C can be a wrong move, especially if they skate back to back. But even though it's similar, there's something a lot more sturdier and strong to the way Nikita and Vika skate, not in a bad way. They have to capitalize on that and keep improving.

Bcash

Final Flight

They have a pretty distinct Russian style. I see this as a pretty tasteful evolution from their last year's program. I applaud Zhulin for his good taste in picking Dvorak, whose music is not only texturally and melodically beautiful but has a lot of deep feelings. They still need to skate up to it, to go deeper. But so far it's looking promising. Sinitsina looks especially great.