Victoria Sinitsina & Nikita Katsalapov | Page 64 | Golden Skate

Victoria Sinitsina & Nikita Katsalapov

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So what I got from the CC (translated to English) in the video in summary:

Match went to visit the guys during their preparation for the season.

Host: "Smile" and "Come together" was chosen even before quarantine. "Smile" will be slightly longer than the 2nd piece "Come together." The second part will be brighter as you can see from the draft version of the steps (shown in the video). Skaters were able to capture the mood of the music and convey it.

Nikita says they are trying to capture the image of MJ. Know the pattern, the movement, feel it, try what he thinks, how he walks, how he moves. That they found a choreographer to help them with the movements.

Zhulin said he wanted to give the guys some fresh air, to slightly change the style and for them its interesting, for him its a challenge because it's only a year before the Olympics.

Host states that the SD will remain the same, only the costume will change. Victoria stated that at the end of the season, she was still hoping that they would change the program, get something different. But they said that the program would remain.

Host: Only a month has passed and Nikita and Victoria went out to the ice in excellent shape with burning eyes but it is not clear what the season will hold in a pandemic. Now it's easier to work than in March because in March the World Championship was supposed to be and it was canceled. The pandemic prevented them from moving forward. They decided in small steps immediate goals and that the main source of motivation is test skates.

Moser and host discussed their chances at Worlds and if they could upset the French. Moser said in essence that the guys can compete with any rivals and that dance is subjective and it depends on the panel of judges, some like some skaters more than others.

Something like this :eek::

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
From the new issue of the World of Figure Skating magazine

Victoria Sinitsina: I even danced with a chair
For the first time in my life I had to face such a prolonged downtime. I'm happy to be back on the ice! Now our life is slowly entering its own course. Feet gradually get used to hard boots. But these are familiar sensations that every skater experiences after a vacation. I hope that in the near future we will be able to forget about what we have experienced and the season in figure skating will take place!

The first two weeks of quarantine were the strangest and strangest. When the understanding came that we were not going anywhere, I decided to relax. I went to bed in the early morning, watched movies, talked remotely with my friends, sisters, who, just like me, sat and were bored. We all often do not have enough time to just call our family and friends and have a heart-to-heart talk. Two weeks passed in this mode, towards the end of the second one I felt terrible discomfort. I felt like a prisoner in my own home. The news became more alarming day by day, I was very worried about the people close to me, for the upcoming sports season, for our future ... At that moment it became clear to me that I needed to return to my usual routine even in the existing circumstances. I started setting the alarm for the morning, Nikita and I started training online and I started dance! I signed up for various master classes with famous dancers, danced in front of a mirror with a chair and in general with everything that came to hand. I searched YouTube for analyzes of different dance movements, classics, modern, tango. In principle, I really love any dance. And you know it helped me to cheer up! Then I stopped watching TV and believed that this whole situation would end soon. Therefore, self-isolation began to be perceived as an opportunity to gain strength and tune in to the next season!

Nikita Katsalapov: I discovered many new and useful exercises
Vika and I and our coaching staff were preparing for the World Cup until the very last day. I couldn’t believe that the situation was really so serious ... The first few days there was confusion and devastation. None of us faced a similar situation in our life, no one could give an accurate forecast of how long it will last and how it will end. Therefore, for the first ten days, I allowed myself to just rest and sleep.

I reviewed a large number of films and TV series, for which there was not enough time in ordinary life. I really liked the series "Peaky Blinders": music, style, actors ...At the end of March, the whole family went to the country house for a week, and then I was at home during the whole quarantine. Mastered some culinary skills: grilled meat, kebabs, especially burgers.

After two weeks of doing nothing, the body itself began to ask for a load. When you are accustomed to physical activity from childhood, it becomes a necessity. Vika and I started studying online. GPP, stretching exercises were done twice a day. I discovered many new and useful exercises. We competed with guys from other sports at an e-sports tournament. In addition, I was interested in the issue of financial markets and securities. I tried to figure out how it all works and where it makes sense to invest money ... Yes, there was a regret that the main start of the season did not happen. But ultimately the most important thing for all of us is the life and health of our loved ones!

https://www.fsrussia.ru/files/mfk_magazine/wfk_22_2020.pdf

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
i'd like them to do a Peaky Blinders program! and i'd had a kebab with NIkita :laugh:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
danced in front of a mirror with a chair and in general with everything that came to hand.
I can imagine it :love:
such sunshine

btw I enjoyed both of their instagram interviews with Lina Fedorova on her acc.:luv17: Its a miracle how she managed to persuade Nik for one:laugh:

& I greatly appreciate that they decided to change costumes for RD. Especially that jacket:laugh:

& cant wait to see a Jackson FD!!! :dance:

Mdk0144

On the Ice
I can imagine it :love:
such sunshine

btw I enjoyed both of their instagram interviews with Lina Fedorova on her acc.:luv17: Its a miracle how she managed to persuade Nik for one:laugh:

& I greatly appreciate that they decided to change costumes for RD. Especially that jacket:laugh:

& cant wait to see a Jackson FD!!! :dance:

What did they mainly say in lina’s interview??

Kittosuni

Medalist
Nikita has a back injury. Participation in the Cups are in question.
https://rsport.ria.ru/20200908/katsalapov-1576938131.html
Sheer upset :(

I know Rusfed requires everyone to compete at the Russian Cup Stages to qualify for nationals but i hope they skip it if Nikita isn't 100% and just focus on nationals. There is no way Rusfed not making exceptions for them especially with next year's worlds being crucial in determining the spots for Olympics.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I know Rusfed requires everyone to compete at the Russian Cup Stages to qualify for nationals but i hope they skip it if Nikita isn't 100% and just focus on nationals. There is no way Rusfed not making exceptions for them especially with next year's worlds being crucial in determining the spots for Olympics.

Well to make an exception for them, they would have to make one for everyone. Instead of giving the National medalists, 10 of whom are also the reigning Euro medalists, an automatic entry into Nationals, they said and wrote what they did. Now it could potentially come back to bite them and I feel the skaters are going to get some of the backlash too if they are given a Nats spot as an exception. The 4 injured ones should focus on healing and not forcing their form just for the cups.

The Fed could at least switch their events to the last 2 to give them more time at least if they are not going to make any exceptions. This isn't the GP, the entire list of participating athletes and their assignments are not even out, they should be able to move them.

But the cups haven't started yet and no one has officially withdrawn so let's just wait. Maybe Zhulin and the other coaches have already discussed their options with the Fed?

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Zhulin: “Katsalapov has such an acute back pain that he had to miss a week”

“Sinitsina and Katsalapov will miss the test runs? Yes, he had acute lower back pain. So sharp that he had to miss a week. If we talk about the stages, then we will see how he will come out of the injury. I don't know what exactly he has, but he has a very strong muscle spasm,” Zhulin said.

https://sport24.ru/news/figureskati...-v-poyasnitse-chto-prishlos-propustit-nedelyu

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
Well to make an exception for them, they would have to make one for everyone. Instead of giving the National medalists, 10 of whom are also the reigning Euro medalists, an automatic entry into Nationals, they said and wrote what they did. Now it could potentially come back to bite them and I feel the skaters are going to get some of the backlash too if they are given a Nats spot as an exception. The 4 injured ones should focus on healing and not forcing their form just for the cups.

The Fed could at least switch their events to the last 2 to give them more time at least if they are not going to make any exceptions. This isn't the GP, the entire list of participating athletes and their assignments are not even out, they should be able to move them.

But the cups haven't started yet and no one has officially withdrawn so let's just wait. Maybe Zhulin and the other coaches have already discussed their options with the Fed?

Nothing is going to bite our RusFed. The rule of picking the third spot for Euros / Worlds by the Coaching Board / Council is not abolished. So Vika and Nikita could be admitted to ISU Championships even if they miss the Nationals because there are no exceptions in due of the Russian Cup stages. But let's see whether it would be really necessary or not.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nothing is going to bite our RusFed. The rule of picking the third spot for Euros / Worlds by the Coaching Board / Council is not abolished. So Vika and Nikita could be admitted to ISU Championships even if they miss the Nationals because there are no exceptions in due of the Russian Cup stages. But let's see whether it would be really necessary or not.

Even the US/CA feds weren't so asinine to abolish their bye system and tell their skaters to skate in their qualifications or else. They seem accommodating trying to make everything work. The Rus Fed could have came up with something like giving those who made Worlds a bye as a consolation prize since Worlds was canceled, giving byes to the national or just Euro medalists, or having 1 or 2 byes per discipline just in case of injury/illness to anyone on the main team. But noooo......

Olibritt

On the Ice
Country
Spain
giving byes to the national or just Euro medalists,

I really know nothing about FEDs in general or RUS FED in particular but, taking into account that in the last Euros Russia won 10 out of 12 medals, that looks like too many byes :eeking:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really know nothing about FEDs in general or RUS FED in particular but, taking into account that in the last Euros Russia won 10 out of 12 medals, that looks like too many byes :eeking:

Well since you don't know,

Russia gives byes to anyone who competes on the JGP/GP. For juniors, if they qualify to JGPF, they also get a bye to senior nats as well as JrN just for participating on the JGP.

Last year they gave 33 byes; 9 men, 9 ladies, 8 pairs and 7 dancers. It would have been 7 more if the skaters had not withdrawn. So they gave about 40 byes last year.

And yet this year, giving 10 byes is too many? Absolutely not, that's 1/4 what they gave last year. These are the medalists who qualified to worlds, they are the backbone of the team, they could have given them byes just in case something happened. I think 10 is reasonable. If they gave byes to the national podiums, then that's 12 which I think is also reasonable.

For comparison, the US gives the top 5 in each discipline byes to next year nats, so 20 byes, not to mention the byes given when a skater assigned international events are close to their sectional/regional qualification dates. So they can 'bye' the athlete through qualies to nats. This year the qualification has changed but the top 5 byes still remain.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
And yet this year, giving 10 byes is too many? Absolutely not. These are the medalists who qualified to worlds, they are the backbone of the team, they could have given them byes.
There is no point to give them a pass right now, when they maybe can't be ready for the season. At test skates, prior to big competitions they could do that easily. The point is to choose the skaters who are the most ready to compete at one point of time. If they can be ready to compete then, they will let them to compete. As they did with Zhenya for example. But to let someone, as Samodurova for example, to compete just because she was an European champion is stuppid, and it planned not that succesfully as we saw. I mean, if the rules are that you need to choose, you must choose who is better or more ready to compete at that exact point of time.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There is no point to give them a pass right now, when they maybe can't be ready for the season. At test skates, prior to big competitions they could do that easily. The point is to choose the skaters who are the most ready to compete at one point of time. If they can be ready to compete then, they will let them to compete. As they did with Zhenya for example. But to let someone, as Samodurova for example, to compete just because she was an European champion is stuppid, and it planned wrong, as we saw.

I don't think given byes are stupid. If they want to give a bye to Zagitova this year without her going through the cups, more power to them. Same with Samodurova. If they want to give S/K, Aliev or whom else a bye because they were injured more power to them. What I don't like is how they are made to do the cups to qualify for nats without any exceptions being made. That's just setting yourself up for problems if exceptions need to be made.

If S/K are not prepared for the cups but are ready for Nationals, they should be given a bye. And I would do the same for anybody on the main team at least. That's my opinion.