2015 Thornhill Summer Skate Aug 13-16 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2015 Thornhill Summer Skate Aug 13-16

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Yeah I agree. Either way he is a promising skater!

he is!
here are the protocols, you can scroll down to page 12 tp see LP results
i have a question though, dont they give 2nd half bonus at this competition? there is no "x" next to 2nd half jumps, there wasnt any at ladies SP protocols either :confused:

Edit: it says "bonus" at the top, next to TES and PCS scores :scratch:

Last edited:

smasma

On the Ice
he is!
i have a question though, dont they give 2nd half bonus at this competition? there is no "x" next to 2nd half jumps, there wasnt any at ladies SP protocols either :confused:

Interesting.......I don't get it either :shrug:

Scout

Final Flight
he is!

I think the bonus is related to triple jumps, in particular the loop, flip, lutz & axel for the novice men's level. The jump doesn't have to be landed (you can fall and still get the bonus), it just needs to be fully rotated. Stephen rotated 3A, two 3LZ, 3F and 3L, so he got 5 bonus points.

Looks like you're right about 10% second half bonus - they don't award it at this competition.

MeaganSkater

On the Ice
Did anyone watch the Senior Men Short?

I missed Nam, just got the end... Scored 79 points?

Keegan Messing in 2nd. No quad 3A, 3Lz+3T, 3F - same short music as last year..

amirtsos

Rinkside
I didn't see it, but saw on Twitter that he fell on the quad. I guess still no luck with the quad in the SP yet, but it's still early.

He fell on the quad, but honestly he looks a lot better this season than he did last season. The jumps are bigger and he has better speed. He had some good quads in the warmup though

MeaganSkater

On the Ice
He fell on the quad, but honestly he looks a lot better this season than he did last season. The jumps are bigger and he has better speed. He had some good quads in the warmup though

According to the protocol Nam tried the quad toe this time instead of his more comfortable quad shalcow. So perhaps just using this competition to try it out under pressure?