2015 Championnats québécois d'été Aug 6-9 Summer Champ | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2015 Championnats québécois d'été Aug 6-9 Summer Champ

elif

Medalist
It is not too late to change free dance of Hubbell/Donohue. It is unimaginative, outdated and boring. :disapp:

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
The reactions of most of the ice dance fans on this thread are not what H/D were hoping for I am sure. Their SD may not be waltzy enough for some but I think it is beautiful and if the tech committee signs off on it then maybe it will set them apart from the multiple Cinderella programs out there. I would hope that the tech panel doesn't say OK and then late in the season cry foul (which has happened in the past).

Their FD has some really great elements and I appreciate the work they have put into their lines and extension but it isn't the statement piece I wanted from them and that they needed to move up the rankings this season. But it is early days and they have time to tweak it.

I know this competition was full of Dubreuil/Lauzon's teams which may have accentuated it but did anyone else think the programs had a sameness to them?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The reactions of most of the ice dance fans on this thread are not what H/D were hoping for I am sure. Their SD may not be waltzy enough for some but I think it is beautiful and if the tech committee signs off on it then maybe it will set them apart from the multiple Cinderella programs out there. I would hope that the tech panel doesn't say OK and then late in the season cry foul (which has happened in the past).

Their FD has some really great elements and I appreciate the work they have put into their lines and extension but it isn't the statement piece I wanted from them and that they needed to move up the rankings this season. But it is early days and they have time to tweak it.

I know this competition was full of Dubreuil/Lauzon's teams which may have accentuated it but did anyone else think the programs had a sameness to them?

Yes, quite a few people have commented on it. For me, it got to the point where I was applauding from my TV chair a team, just because they did some different stuff and did not dance to romantic gloop. However, at least one of those teams was choreographed by Marie-France.

Sackie

Medalist
Well from these results it looks like Roxanne and Paradis/Ouelette should be top choices for the TBAs at Skate Canada. P/O even beat two top 11 teams in the FD!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Well from these results it looks like Roxanne and Paradis/Ouelette should be top choices for the TBAs at Skate Canada. P/O even beat two top 11 teams in the FD!

Véronik Mallet beat Roxanne by a lot at the Philadelphia Summer International. She was first in both SP and FS; Roxanne was fourth in both segments.
http://iceworkssc.org/psic/2015Results/15PhilI_SeniorLadies_SP_Result.pdf

Plus Véronik was third at 2015 Canadians.

A case could be made for either choice, but I would likely pick Véronik.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Yes, quite a few people have commented on it. For me, it got to the point where I was applauding from my TV chair a team, just because they did some different stuff and did not dance to romantic gloop. However, at least one of those teams was choreographed by Marie-France.

Romantic gloop! :rofl: Love that phrase and will probably be thinking it quite a bit as the season progresses!

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Well, none of these teams has impressed me (as all of the other posts eloquently expressed), but I have to say that I did like H/D more than the others for sure. Their SD really captured me, and if it wasn't for the SMALL detail that it should be a waltz I would deem it a masterpiece (call it a small detail though :biggrin: ). Their FD wasn't a bad one, either: at least it gave me a vivid impression, as opposed to FB/S and P/O who left me... Well, nothing in particular but the feeling of a smooth, harmonious, elegant program with nothing unforgettable in it :slink:

blancanieves

On the Ice
The reactions of most of the ice dance fans on this thread are not what H/D were hoping for I am sure

Sources of feedback exist outside this thread, you know ;) They might even have a different viewpoint!

I think a lot of the lower ranked D/L teams do look alike. Could it have something to do with their skill level and having to choreograph around their current limitations? It'll be interesting to see what P/C and Spanish H/D are doing this season.

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
Véronik Mallet beat Roxanne by a lot at the Philadelphia Summer International. She was first in both SP and FS; Roxanne was fourth in both segments.
http://iceworkssc.org/psic/2015Results/15PhilI_SeniorLadies_SP_Result.pdf

Plus Véronik was third at 2015 Canadians.

A case could be made for either choice, but I would likely pick Véronik.

I believe that the TBD spot for skate Canada will be between Veronik Mallet and Roxanne Rheault, I think that I would pick Roxanne Rheault, cause she has improve her results this summer and has show better improvement in her skating.

nadster

Final Flight
Rheault has shown more improvement this summer. She has now added a solid flip and lutz. Before the toe was her only solid triple.

Edge jumps give her the hardest time as there was no attempt at salchow or loop.

Both Mallet and Rheault will get challenge events to see who is more ready for Skate Canada. It is a pity that Mallet withdrew from Quebec.

Mallet struggled in all her internationals last year as well so that is a factor too.

Sackie

Medalist
I actually like Mallet and thought it would be her for SC until I saw she had withdrawn from this event. So I thought maybe something was up.

jonnahlyne

Spectator
In case anyone was wondering why Mallet had withdrawn from the competition, it was due to injury. When I working at the skater's registration table on Thursday her coach came over to inform us that Véronik was injured and would not be competing that weekend. I'm not sure on what kind of injury though, but wishing her a speed recovery!

Last edited: