2018 ISU Championships provisional allotments, incl. Worlds in Italy | Golden Skate

2018 ISU Championships provisional allotments, incl. Worlds in Italy

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Provisional allotments of 2018 ISU Championships

15 Jun 2015 - Lausanne, Switzerland

•ISU European Figure Skating Championships - Moscow, Russia - January 15-21, 2018
•ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships (January 23-28, 2018 or January 30-February 4, 2018): pending
•ISU World Junior Figure Skating Championships - Sofia, Bulgaria - March 5-11, 2018
•ISU World Figure Skating Championships - Milan or Torino, Italy - March 19-25, 2018.
•ISU World Synchronized Skating Championships - Stockholm, Sweden - April 6-7, 2018

http://www.isu.org/en/news-and-events/news/2015/06/provisional-allotments-of-2018-isu-championships

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
*marks Italy 2018 in her calendar* I'm so there! I hope it'll be held in Milan. :dance: Although I suppose some of the big names will retire after the Olympics...

mysticice

Rinkside
Russia got the Europeans just before the Olympics. They must be happy.

A little surprised that World Championships are going to be in Europe two years in a row. Works for me :)

Celine

On the Ice
Hope by then the host country especially will have something to really cheer about. Go Valentina and Andrej!

GF2445

Record Breaker
What are the chances that Four Continents is going to be held in Chinese Taipei again?

alebi

Medalist
3 years are still a lot and I'm worried many things will change (and another post-Olympic Worlds...), but I'm SO THRILLED to see Worlds back in Italy!!! Where can I find a 2018 calendar? I need to mark those days :yay:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
What are the chances that Four Continents is going to be held in Chinese Taipei again?

Also, i get sick of seeing 90% of the seats being empty.
They needo give it to pther countries.

Well, I get sick of the complaining here on GS about Taiwan.

And I don't understand why the ISU announcement re 2018 has stirred up fresh griping.

The 2018 Four Continents host is TBA, so it is not a case of Taiwan getting Four Continents again.

Last edited:

GF2445

Record Breaker
Well, I get sick of the complaining here on GS about Taiwan.

And I don't understand why the ISU announcement re 2018 has stirred up fresh griping.

The 2018 Four Continents host is TBA, so it is not a case of Taiwan getting Four Continents again.
:disapp:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Four Continents 2018 is in an Olympic year (just held before the Olys), so no or only very few big names will attend. Sadly, this likely dissuades the big countries from bidding on it - probably the reason the host is TBD for now...