Daniel Samohin | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Daniel Samohin

emipeters

Rinkside
poor Danny - that was awful to watch. I do wonder though if a coaching change might do him some good - it feels like he hasn't been making progress in seniors, and those falls are getting harder all the time.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It was heartbreaking to see this happen in person. Wishing Danny a full, speedy recovery! Hope he's totally healthy for Europeans & the Olympics!

BTW, have Israeli Nationals taken place yet?

shmay

On the Ice
BTW, have Israeli Nationals taken place yet?

They took place a month ago. Bychenko apparently won. I haven't found mention in Israeli media of Samohin's placement, but I assume he competed as he was pictured in photos of the event.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Daniel continues his string of bad luck...he cut his hand in practice and had to get stitches already! Gruesome video on his IG :drama:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My biggest wish right now is that he makes the top 24 after the SP. I just want him to have 2 decent skates.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
A bit late, but there was so much going on & I was dealing with bad internet at the time, so I didn't have a chance to properly watch Daniel's FS until now. I am soooo pleased and happy that he finally delivered and on the biggest stage of all! What a great redemption after all he's been through! I honestly was afraid he was going to be one of the men who didn't make the FS, after Euros. But somehow he turned it all around in that short time. Did Morozov work some of his voodoo magic? :laugh: I'm totally fine if he did. Thank goodness his team finally brought in some outside help!

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm so happy as well. I was simply hoping for him to make the top 24 since we know about his past 2 Euros. And Skate America. But I'm so happy for him! Hopefully he'll have a huge confidence booster from this.

ewdokia

On the Ice
Yes. How could they do that????? :jaw:

Well, he and his team made a mistake, but unfortunately organizers of the competition as well. Usually they announce the duration of the program at the end of the run-through in practice, however, in Daniel’s case they announced 2.50. It’s no excuse, they should have noticed it as well, but it was just bad luck that with this mistake they missed a chance to notice it in time. :confused2:

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
In case anyone was interested, here's my 1080p fancam of his SCI LP Thursday afternoon practice (sorry for the wait, but my Dailymotion account has a strict upload limit, and my original files are roughly 1 GB each)---I sat in the second row from the boards: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6wfv0q

TheChimster

Rinkside
I noticed Daniel is on the list for US Nationals. When did he switch countries?
He had skated for Israel as a junior.
I look forward to seeing him again.

Interesting. I'm happy to see him competing again in whatever capacity. He did previously skate for the U.S. up until the 2012-2013 season and then switched to representing Israel in 2013-2014 season.