Alexander Petrov | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Alexander Petrov

Vratasuki

Match Penalty
IMO, the person he needs to beat is really Pitkeev. Eteri might still send Pitkeev to Junior Nationals and Junior Worlds, so there's a possibility of 3 showdowns between the two.

new ISU rule,

once you competed in senior GP, you cannot compete back in Junior Worlds
so Pitkeev is definitely out of juniors

Meoima

Match Penalty
He doesn't look 15 in that photo, does he? :eek: He does remind me of Ilia Kulik, with the rosy cheeks and all.
I don't want to say this because he's still a teen. But he will be a hot man. :love: Mishin boys are my weakness. I wonder what Mishin thought when he brought up these boys.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Like Meoima, I already think Petrov is a more expressive skater than Pitkeev (though I like Pitkeev too).

Mishin boys are my weakness. I wonder what Mishin thought when he brought up these boys.
More artistic marks/PCS from the female judges? :p

As for Nationals, IF there is a quad, I think quad+ clean skate will guarantee him a podium position. Sadly, I don't think anyone will beat Kovtun unless he falls more than once. That's how held-up I think Kovtun is. :frown:
I think how held-up Kovtun will be depends on how he does throughout the season. If he wins his GPs and podiums at GPF, I think he'll need to skate pretty badly to lose nationals. But if he underperforms on both GPs and doesn't make GPF, I can see Voronov, Menshov, Gachinski... heck, maybe even Pitkeev and Petrov overtaking him at nationals if he's messy. Voronov and Menshov got a big boost from their European medals, and surely Tarasova will do some decent politicking for Gachinski? :p

Also, with the new Zayak rules for doubles and singles being worth no points, ect... if Kovtun pops and Zayaks, the title will be there for the taking.

adelia

Record Breaker
new ISU rule,

It's common in Russia for mens named Alexander to use reduction "Alex" for nicknames or login. I believe friends call him Sasha :)
Thanks for the info :)

He doesn't look 15 in that photo, does he? :eek: He does remind me of Ilia Kulik, with the rosy cheeks and all.
I don't want to say this because he's still a teen. But he will be a hot man. :love: Mishin boys are my weakness. I wonder what Mishin thought when he brought up these boys.
Hmm... well, there are also some erm, very average looking ones among Mishin students. Although strangely, his best students are all very presentable.

But yeah, Sasha is good looking. When he was a younger child, he was also quite adorable.

So far, no video of the Nice gala. Disappointing. Might have to wait until next year to see his exhibition. :(

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
new ISU rule,

didnt radionova compete at senior GP (she was in GPF as well), then won Jr Worlds the same year?? :confused:

LRK

Record Breaker
didnt radionova compete at senior GP (she was in GPF as well), then won Jr Worlds the same year?? :confused:

It's a very recent rule change, I believe. (The same way they have upped the age limit for GP to the same as Euros/Worlds. )

Camillo

On the Ice
new ISU rule,

Hmm, I've found nothing in ISU communications or Regulations concerning this matter. Could you provide more details and the link to the appropriate document? :confused:

Alba

Record Breaker
I'm not sure there is such a rule tbh.
I was also asking to the Eurosport ITA commentator about it, and he said he knows nothing about it. :think:
Usually he is very well informed.

I think people are confusing the senior GP with Junior GP.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Thanks for the info :)

Hmm... well, there are also some erm, very average looking ones among Mishin students. Although strangely, his best students are all very presentable.
So far, no video of the Nice gala. Disappointing. Might have to wait until next year to see his exhibition. :(

I had the same thought about Mishin's students. ;) I wouldn't put all on the same level of attractiveness...but I don't want to pick on anyone so I'll leave it at that.

As for the exhibition, I'm reasonably confident he will medal & get to show it at the JGP Final.

edit - I was looking at the Challenger Series standings, and he's scheduled for both the Volvo Cup and the Warsaw Cup...hope he doesn't get burned out. :eek:

Vratasuki

Match Penalty
Hmm, I've found nothing in ISU communications or Regulations concerning this matter. Could you provide more details and the link to the appropriate document? :confused:

wasnt there a new introduced rule
that skaters competing in seniors Worlds can no longer back competing in juniors/compete in junior worlds

Camillo

On the Ice
wasnt there a new introduced rule
that skaters competing in seniors Worlds can no longer back competing in juniors/compete in junior worlds
No, there is no such rule as far as I know, that's why I'm curious and asked you for the link :think:

I think people are confusing the senior GP with Junior GP.
I think so too.

Actually, skaters may participate both in JGP and GP, but not in the same discipline.
GP announcement 2014-2015 (participation at GP(F) and JGP(F))
http://isuprod.blob.core.windows.net/media/156242/gp-general-announcement-2014_15_final.pdf
The six events and the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final are only open to Competitors who belong to an ISU Member and qualify with regard to eligibility according to ISU Constitution and General Regulations Rule 102, provided their ages fall within the limits specified in ISU Rule 108, paragraph 3.a) and they meet the participation, citizenship and residency requirement in ISU Rule 109, and ISU Communication No. 1420 or any update of this Communication. Entries can only be made through the ISU Members.

Skaters/Couples entered for an event of the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating may not participate in the same discipline of an event of the ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating in the same season. Only Skaters participating in different disciplines may enter into both the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating and the ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating in the same year/skating season.

adelia

Record Breaker
So currently, Sasha's competition schedule looks like this?

Volvo Open 5-9 November (based on their website, Senior Mens comp shld end on the 6th)
Warsaw Cup 20-23 November (he should win both Volvo Open and this comfortably IMO, the rest of the competitors are not in the same league)
JGPF, Barcelona 11-14 December
Russian Nationals 24-28 December
Russian Junior Nationals 4-7 February
Junior Worlds, Tallinn Est 2-8 March

Mishin has a winter camp in Tartu Est from 4th to 14th Jan, do you think he will be there?

Last season he had too long a break between events so maybe Mishin's intention is to prevent him from losing momentum? Also, chalking up all these Senior B/Challenger wins will help him build his reputation among the judges I feel. But I do worry more about injury.

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
Thanks adelia for putting that together! It's interesting to see the road ahead... Any strategy involves some risk, I suppose - it's a matter of weighing the pros and cons to any plan. I trust Mishin, though.

ETA - Also, there would have been a gap of at least two months between Petrov's last JGP and the JGPF - I'm thinking the senior B:s are also a way to keep him motivated and in form during that period.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I wonder which page is wrong. Zhan Bush had to drop out of the Grand Prix for health reasons, so perhaps Petrov is his substitute?