Alexander Petrov | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Alexander Petrov

LRK

Record Breaker
Yes, could be. We will have to wait and see, I suppose... Anyway, there's a month left so there's no hurry, just found it rather curious.

Alba

Record Breaker
wasnt there a new introduced rule
that skaters competing in seniors Worlds can no longer back competing in juniors/compete in junior worlds

I don't know about senior worlds, but I don't think there is such a rule that prevent junior from partecipating in senior GP and Junior worlds as well.
The only rule that prevent them from partecipating at Junior Worlds is the age.

Sofia

Lil sweetheart has big ideas
On the Ice
wasnt there a new introduced rule
that skaters competing in seniors Worlds can no longer back competing in juniors/compete in junior worlds
As far as I know, for the current season there is no such rule that prevents previous senior GP or senior Worlds participants from competing at Junior Worlds. It is not stated in the latest version of ISU rules, published this summer. I vaguely recall seeing people talking about this "new rule" at some point —— maybe it came up in the proposals for this year's ISU Congress or it was pure hearsay. It might be adopted by the ISU in the future, but not now.
The current rule is well explained in previous posts.

So currently, Sasha's competition schedule looks like this?

Volvo Open 5-9 November (based on their website, Senior Mens comp shld end on the 6th)
Warsaw Cup 20-23 November (he should win both Volvo Open and this comfortably IMO, the rest of the competitors are not in the same league)
JGPF, Barcelona 11-14 December
Russian Nationals 24-28 December
Russian Junior Nationals 4-7 February
Junior Worlds, Tallinn Est 2-8 March

Mishin has a winter camp in Tartu Est from 4th to 14th Jan, do you think he will be there?

Last season he had too long a break between events so maybe Mishin's intention is to prevent him from losing momentum? Also, chalking up all these Senior B/Challenger wins will help him build his reputation among the judges I feel. But I do worry more about injury. I'll trust Mishin though, he above all knows how to develop a mens singles champion.

Glad that the schedule is not too tight. I wonder if he will try quads in some of these competitions.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Maybe he'll try the quad in the Senior B's, and if it works out for him, he'll bring it to JGP/Nationals/Junior Worlds?

Sofia

Lil sweetheart has big ideas
On the Ice
Maybe he'll try the quad in the Senior B's, and if it works out for him, he'll bring it to JGP/Nationals/Junior Worlds?
I hope so. It would be great to see a good quad from him at Junior Worlds next year. I really want him to medal there!
Yes, I think so too. But we shall see.

Nice Cup Gala:
http://buzzlesdotorg.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/patinage_235.jpg

Finlandia Trophy Practice SP:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm6mFeKPLL0

Thanks a lot for the picture and the video!

LRK

Record Breaker
Does anyone know what's the matter with Zhan Bush, by the way?

adelia

Record Breaker
I haven't seen any articles explaining in detail what Zhan Bush's problem was. But it's interesting that both he and Gosviani are coached by Sokolovskaya. How many skaters' careers has she ended...

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I don't know what is wrong with Zhan, but he has been posting on social media, so I don't think it's anything terribly serious (physically, at least). Didn't Urmanov coach both of them at one point? Why did they change?

adelia

Record Breaker
I think they left for better training conditions. At least that was the reason Gosviani left. IIRC she also mentioned that she was looking forward to working with Tarasova and training with Adelina. I don't think she realised the risk she was taking.

St. Petersburg Fed is really short on funding and the facilities at Yubileyny are old and lacking. They've just elected the CEO of a famous jewellery company to head the Fed so hopefully he can help to raise funds to improve the conditions.

adelia

Record Breaker

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
^^^ Very nice photos, especially the ones from Finlandia & Sasha with his dad. I see you Mishin! :biggrin:

And the gifs of Sasha and Adian are really cute! Part of me wants them to be close friends, and the other part of me wants them to have a very dramatic rivalry. :popcorn:

adelia

Record Breaker
If Sasha and Adian end up having a great rivalry, maybe they could be the equivalent of "what if Plushy and Yags actually loved each other". :)

Meoima

Match Penalty
If Sasha and Adian end up having a great rivalry, maybe they could be the equivalent of "what if Plushy and Yags actually loved each other". :)
Maybe they loved each other when young, but fell apart when competition started get in between their way.
Just kidding:p

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
That would be very cute! (For some reason, it brings to mind the Hanyu vs. Fernandez thread, which was all about hugs and weddings!)

LRK

Record Breaker

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Sasha! Wishing him a long, wonderful career, so that we can see him climb back to that #1 spot in a few years... and this time, stay there. :)

adelia

Record Breaker
He's also 18th in the overall World Standings, after Volvo Open he should move up to 17th.

With so many points collected from this season's senior Bs and challenger series, Sasha should be able to skate in the second group when he makes his senior gp debut next season. :clap: