2016 Youth Olympic Games, 12-21 Feb

Skye

On the Ice
One could also take note that in theory one of the team could be like this:

Tsurskaya
Aliev
Borisova/Sopot
Spilevaya/Smirnov

There is no rule which would prevent that happening but in practice this is very much impossible, of course.

As the Russian team are all strong contenders for the podium, this is very unlikely. For the mixed NOC team event, skaters are sorted into groups according to their placement in the individual competitions before the draw - for example, a ladies medalist cannot be on the same team with a men medalist.

MeaganSkater

On the Ice
Canadian Team (As per the Skate Canada website):
Junior Men - Roman Sadovsky
Junior Pairs - Justine Brasseur / Mathieu Ostiguy
Junior Ice Dance - Marjorie Lajoie / Zachary Lagha

I'm just pleased Skate Canada is actually sending skaters to get such valuable experience this time around!!

Last edited:

xiangfuzi

On the Ice
TEAM China
Junior Men:LI Tangxu, LU Yunda
Junior Ladies: LI Xiangning
Junior Pairs:ZHAO Ying/XIE Zhong, GAO Yumeng/LI Bowen

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
only 2 weeks lefti ahhh so excited!! i wonder when can we see all participants and if there will be livestream, cant wait to see my babies Elizabet and Koshiro :yahoo:

Perdita

Final Flight
I saw on twitter that someone asked the organizers and they said there will be Youtube livestream. Very nice!

I'm so happy to hear that Roman will compete here. After the Nationals, I actually thought his season was pretty much over. Good luck Roman and all other participants :hap10:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
I saw on twitter that someone asked the organizers and they said there will be Youtube livestream. Very nice!

I'm so happy to hear that Roman will compete here. After the Nationals, I actually thought his season was pretty much over. Good luck Roman and all other participants :hap10:

yaaaay! YT stream is THE BEST!!! i wonder if its their YT channel or will make another account specifically for livestream :think:
and i too am happy that Roman is going, i like him a lot, he feels and moves with his music

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Wonder why the US chose to pursue a completely different logic from the other countries in YOG selection - with Japanese and Russians sending their best and near-best, in any case JGPF calibre skaters, the US should send a seasoned JGP competitor (namely Karen Chen). Sigh.

The U.S. is sending its best age-eligible team in dance.

Latvian

On the Ice
Team Argentina - coarg.org.ar/index.php/component/k2/item/1910-camino-a-lillehammer-2016
Mauro CALCAGNO

Team Armenia - armnoc.am/arm/news/535/lilehameri-patanekan-olimpiakan-khaxerin-hayastany-knerkayana-2-marzikov.html
Anastasia GALUSTYAN

Team Hungary - mob.hu/fogadalmat-tett-a-teli-ifjusagi-olimpiai-csapat
Fruzsina MEDGYESI

Team Italy - coni.it/images/allegato_delibera_Lillehammer_2016.pdf
Lucrezia GENNARO
Adrien BANNISTER
Irma CALDARA / Edoardo CAPUTO (p)
Francesca RIGHI / Pietro PAPETTI (id)

Team Kazakhstan - ru.kyzylorda-news.kz/news/sports/8251-elizabet-primet-uchastie-v-zimney-yunosheskoy-olimpiade.html
Elizabet TURSYNBAEVA

Team Latvia - olimpiade.lv/lv/jaunumi/zinas/ii-pasaules-jaunatnes-ziemas-olimpiskajas-speles-no-latvijas-startes-16-jauniesi-925
Diana NIKITINA
Deniss VASILJEVS

Team Slovak Republic - olympic.sk/aktuality-sov/v-lillehammeri-aj-s-nadychom-historie-sutazit-budu-sportovci-zo-71-krajin
Alexandra HAGAROVA

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
wow, there are less skaters than i thought :shocked: and how could i forget about Jun Hwan, cant wait to see him too :love: i hope he is fully recovered now and will have great competition :sad21: :cheer:

shyne

Final Flight
Wonder why the US chose to pursue a completely different logic from the other countries in YOG selection - with Japanese and Russians sending their best and near-best, in any case JGPF calibre skaters, the US should send a seasoned JGP competitor (namely Karen Chen). Sigh.

US needs to take the Youth Olympics seriously.
Men: Vincent Zhou
Ladies: Karen Chen
That would be my pick.

visaliakid

Final Flight
Country
United-States
We know that The Youth Olympic Games in Lillehammer will be broadcasted by NRK, the Norwegian National Broadcaster. There will be daily broadcasts throughout the Games. NRK Sport will broadcast the events in Snowboarding, Ski Cross, Figure Skating, Short Track, Biathlon Single Mixed Relay, Ice Hockey Skills Challenge, Slopestyle, the brand new event Cross-Country Cross and the Ice Hockey Finals. Broadcast coverage will also be available to other right holding broadcasters around the world.

So far I have found daily one hour (repeat) telecasts of the Youth Olympics on Universal HD channel but nothing on NBCSN. Does anyone have any info on other coverage on the web? Any Live Streaming of the Figure Skating Events? Inquiring skating minds want to know!