Courtney Hicks training 3A | Golden Skate

Courtney Hicks training 3A

minze

Medalist
She doesn't need a 3a after Liza she has the best jumps out there. Her problem are her nerves. She also needs to work on presentation. Last season she missed her lutz in a couple of competitions. Work on 3-3 and presentation Courtney

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Home girl is over rotating that 3A! :shocked:

Agree with Minze2001 that she has some of the best jumps in the world, but she needs to learn how to compete mentally.

NaVi

Medalist
She doesn't need a 3a after Liza she has the best jumps out there. Her problem are her nerves. She also needs to work on presentation. Last season she missed her lutz in a couple of competitions. Work on 3-3 and presentation Courtney

I completely disagree(and I"m not a big fan of the 3A in ladies skating).. 1) Her jumps were kind of a mess last season... 2) a triple axel would give people reason to be excited to watch her skate... and along with the 3F-1Lo-3S combo she showed on instagram it could help her rework her jumps.

aromaticchicken

On the Ice
I completely disagree(and I"m not a big fan of the 3A in ladies skating).. 1) Her jumps were kind of a mess last season... 2) a triple axel would give people reason to be excited to watch her skate... and along with the 3F-1Lo-3S combo she showed on instagram it could help her rework her jumps.

Also want to add on that while she has height and power behind their jumps, that doesn't necessarily mean they're aesthetically pleasing (air position, landing position, control) and guarantee her high GOE at all.

LRK

Record Breaker
As someone who actually did enjoy her presentation last year - especially her SP - I hope she does land the 3A. I think it would be really... cool.:) Also, Rohene Ward choreographed her programs for next season, I understand - isn't that "working on presentation"? Anyway, I really enjoy her skating and I hope she does really well this upcoming season. :)

aromaticchicken

On the Ice
As someone who actually did enjoy her presentation last year - especially her SP - I hope she does land the 3A. I think it would be really... cool.:) Also, Rohene Ward choreographed her programs for next season, I understand - isn't that "working on presentation"? Anyway, I really enjoy her skating and I hope she does really well this upcoming season. :)

Oh yes, super agree. I don't think I made it clear in my last post; I rather like Courtney's fire she has behind her skating. For better or for worse, she really is not as "polished princess" as a Gracie or something, but there's an intensity behind her skating that makes it exciting to watch. If she can skate clean and have good programs. I would love to see her be a real contender. Her fire reminds me of Liza or Tonya Harding -- in a good way, of course!

LRK

Record Breaker
Oh yes, super agree. I don't think I made it clear in my last post; I rather like Courtney's fire she has behind her skating. For better or for worse, she really is not as "polished princess" as a Gracie or something, but there's an intensity behind her skating that makes it exciting to watch. If she can skate clean and have good programs. I would love to see her be a real contender. Her fire reminds me of Liza or Tonya Harding -- in a good way, of course!

Ah, good comparison with Liza! I hadn't thought of that - but I am a Liza fan, so no wonder I'm fond of Courtney as well. Yes, for example her Nationals SP - I thought she was mesmerising.:)

aromaticchicken

On the Ice
Ah, good comparison with Liza! I hadn't thought of that - but I am a Liza fan, so no wonder I'm fond of Courtney as well. Yes, for example her Nationals SP - I thought she was mesmerising.:)
I was there at Greensboro and so bummed out when she then bombed her FS. If she had skated clean, I would be very curious how the judges would rank her against karen Chen and Polina.

Layback11

Record Breaker
I was there at Greensboro and so bummed out when she then bombed her FS. If she had skated clean, I would be very curious how the judges would rank her against karen Chen and Polina.

I was there too, but I missed the short, and I watched it on TV later.MESMERIZING. Truly couldn't take my eyes off it. In the FS, I was just like, "oh well, she bombed," this being before I watched her short on TV, but that program gave me a whole new image of her. If she gets more programs like that, watch out.

Last edited:

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Also want to add on that while she has height and power behind their jumps, that doesn't necessarily mean they're aesthetically pleasing (air position, landing position, control) and guarantee her high GOE at all.

Agreed. Being bent at the hip and bent legs make her rotation look wobbly in the air.

slider11

Medalist
Agreed Minze2001. Work on your artistry and expression. Sure, jumps are nice. How about a complete program?