Elizaveta Tuktamysheva | Page 247 | Golden Skate

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Let's not write Liza's (career) obituary just yet, shall we?

Being a Liza fan has always been a bumpy ride - with some smooth sections in between - so just strap in, and grit your teeth. And keep hoping for the best.:)

As always you're right LRK. I'm mostly upset that Liza ended up behind Anna S, who let's not forget FELL. It's one thing when a skater with lower tech content is in front when they have a a great skate, it's quite another when they are with a huge error like that.

It's basically telling Liza "You can work as hard as you want, it won't matter...the slightest error you make (underrotated Lutz) will be judged much more harshly."

Also unlike a lot of people here I didn't like the SP music...Liza didn't seem to engage with it at all, at least to me.

But I really hope Liza has an amazing free skate and makes her critics eat their words!

DenissVFan

Medalist
She should take things into her own hands and add the 3S to the FS.

Her 3A has been way more consistent this year than last year. Impressive.

LynsJ

On the Ice
She should take things into her own hands and add the 3S to the FS.

Her 3A has been way more consistent this year than last year. Impressive.

I noticed in the free skate the build up to it was quicker also. Not as drawn out which was great to see. I thought the free skate was brilliant [emoji178]

agelessdaughter

Spectator
She did do 3Lz-3T but I believe she said in an interview that nailing the combo was harder bc of the height of her 3Lz.

By the way, has Liza ever attempted a 3Lz-3Lo?

nguyhm

On the Ice
I noticed in the free skate the build up to it was quicker also. Not as drawn out which was great to see. I thought the free skate was brilliant [emoji178]
My friend and I gave her standing ovation after the free skate at Skate America - we really enjoyed the program. I'm glad the audience followed and gave her the ovation that she deserved. Hopefully the federation noticed and treat her better - fingers crossed. Happy to see her on the podium.
Sending wishes to Liza for having two great programs this weekend.

LynsJ

On the Ice
My friend and I gave her standing ovation after the free skate at Skate America - we really enjoyed the program. I'm glad the audience followed and gave her the ovation that she deserved. Hopefully the federation noticed and treat her better - fingers crossed. Happy to see her on the podium.
Sending wishes to Liza for having two great programs this weekend.

Aww so nice to hear! I’d love the chance to see her live. She’s been one of my absolute faves for years! I’d love to see her keep going for a few more seasons! If anyone can do it Liza can! [emoji178]

LRK

Record Breaker
Liza's SP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1Aic3S80sQ

There were mistakes, but still worth seeing, I think. Note: I'm no technician, but it looked as if she almost had the landing on that 3A, and then her landing foot sort of... slipped away from her?

Good luck in the free, Liza! Come back strong! :)

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The awesoooooome news - Liza brought her old FS back and she set. the. place. on. FIRE! :biggrin:

The unawesome news, Satoko was too good and got 2nd place so Liza can't get to GPF :(

I hope she goes to other competitions so we can all bask in the glory of her 3As and Lutzes!

Also my "favourite" comment from the other day...Liza attempted to put transitions before her 3A in the SP and fell.

People who demanded Liza put in transitions: OMG, what did she do that for?!!

Gourlie

On the Ice
Country
Czech-Republic
We saw Catgroove FS from last season today and honestly I like it more than the new one, but will she continue with these program whole season? And will we see her somewhere else this season? It seems like she won't make GPF, EC or WC. :scratch2:

Warwick360

Medalist
Sorry Liza, you got robbed.

Satoko's FS score beating Liza's FS score is right up there with Kostner beating Pogo for World Bronze in 2014. :slink:

DenissVFan

Medalist
I'm happy to see her last year's FS back.

Maybe not making the GPF won't be the end of the world. She should give it her all at RusNats – last year showed that RusFed doesn't care about the GP results. At the moment it seems unlikely that she makes the Euros and Worlds teams but I'd say she's got an outside shot. The key is to go clean. I hope she's at least the first alternate.

I guess we'll see her at Golden Spin too.