Elizaveta Tuktamysheva | Page 246 | Golden Skate

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

lusterfan

Final Flight
She executed three 3A’s, but her total score is about to 213. This is unacceptable for me. In this event she was waaaaay underscored by the judges. She tries to improve her technical skills and also presentation, but I think that judges should encourage her not to demoralize. I hope she will execute clean programmes İn GP circets. Love her ��

Love Liza, but she did have two "e" calls on her flips and was missing two triples in the free. Her jumping GOE's were definitely lowballed, but she gives up a bunch of points in the non-jumps unfortunately. I hope they work on maximizing her base value because she's really underselling herself considering she has THREE clean triple axels!

medoroa

On the Ice
I hope they work on maximizing her base value because she's really underselling herself considering she has THREE clean triple axels!

I was anxious to see if she had taken out the 3Lz+2A+seq at Finlandia, where she was giving away 20% of BV like it was candy, and she had! I don't know how consistent her 2A+eu+3S is but if she can land that and 3Lz+3T in competition her BV is much improved. I was very relieved to see they were working to improve her jump layout.

I'm a bit worried if she's okay after the two CS event losses, though. :(

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well I'm grumpy on Liza's behalf, Alëna obviously deserved to win, but by 20 points? Come on, judges at least be subtle when you're trying to low-ball someone.

BTW has the Finnish judge explained themselves yet? If that was a 0 GOE Lutz what do you have to do to get a 5 or even a 1?!

I'm totally in love with the FS costume though, it's awesome!

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
I was anxious to see if she had taken out the 3Lz+2A+seq at Finlandia, where she was giving away 20% of BV like it was candy, and she had! I don't know how consistent her 2A+eu+3S is but if she can land that and 3Lz+3T in competition her BV is much improved. I was very relieved to see they were working to improve her jump layout.

I'm a bit worried if she's okay after the two CS event losses, though. :(

For one, Liza is an experienced competitor.
She’ll be okay to compete in a week time, just like she won’t be bothered to be losing.
Guys, Liza has been having much harder time before, when she landed 3A and still was getting like 120. She’s in much better shape right now, and I don’t think she’d go without weighting Pros and cons, and possible outcomes.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
For one, Liza is an experienced competitor.
She’ll be okay to compete in a week time, just like she won’t be bothered to be losing.
Guys, Liza has been having much harder time before, when she landed 3A and still was getting like 120. She’s in much better shape right now, and I don’t think she’d go without weighting Pros and cons, and possible outcomes.

Hopefully you're right! I have to say the way Liza's been talked about in the Russian Ladies thread is terrible (to say nothing of how Maria S is treated over there). It's so annoying, they're not even picking on her transitions, they're saying she should suck up the joke GOEs for her jumps and try harder. Are they insane? Liza's jumps are already amazing and she has every right to complain. I'd probably go as far as to register an official complaint if I was her. If Liza's jumps are only worth 0s and 1s then most ladies should have minuses.

And that's my rant for today :p

DenissVFan

Medalist
Yeah, in other sports athletes may issue official enquiries but apparently in figure skating you shouldn't do as much as raise an eyebrow at your score...

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
Yeah, in other sports athletes may issue official enquiries but apparently in figure skating you shouldn't do as much as raise an eyebrow at your score...

Not necessarily - your fed could raise a stink, and you'd get a second set of gold medals :biggrin:

LRK

Record Breaker
I agree with nussnacker. Liza is a tough cookie, and has been through worse. Missing the Olympics - twice. Her up-and-down-seasons. Missing the World team... To paraphrase Babylon 5, Liza "has been declared dead more times than Lazarus." She'll get through this - that's why she's the Empress.:)

To cheer everyone up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjAij5u-WsQ

SXTN

Final Flight
From what we have seen in Finland, she is going for:

3A+2T
3A
3Lz (+3T)
3F (+3T)
---
2A+1Eu+3S
3Lz (+3T)
3Lo

With that Euler-Salchow-Combo she finally has the potential of 8 triples in the fs with one 2A only. It will be interesting to see where she will tack on the +3T. This is definitely the smartest layout if she wants to include two 3A.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker

In gymnastics, you can protest and have the referee inquire into your BV, TES in skating, at the expense of SFR 400 or so. Money forfeit if protest rejected. Medals have changed colours a few times, but it disrupts the flow of the competition as sometimes it has taken 15 minutes to re-asses all the video, confer with the apparatus judge etc. Also, you run the risk of your score being lowered even ...

Figure skating competitions are run on a very tight schedule, and we have seen in JGP how a disruption can completely throw skaters off, ruining their chances.

elegance

Words are my skates.
Rinkside
I humbly propose a thought experiment:

What would Liza's scores look like if she returned to last year's FP and modified the layout to add technical difficulty? There's room enough for more than one 3A in that FP, and it conveys high energy in a way that (IMHO) her current FP doesn't. YMMV, but she was winning a lot of free skates last year, and adding a 3A in combination would be one way to raise the bar technically in her free. Returning to the music and general vibe of last year's FP would be a way for Liza to reengage the audience through sassy and confident energy even as she hones more difficult elements.

A girl can dream, right? ;)

agelessdaughter

Spectator
Skate America starts today and I'm hoping for a clean sp and fs for Liza. She was landing her 3A during her practice session so let's keep our fingers crossed for 3A consistency! (and maybe an inside edge on the flip?)

LRK

Record Breaker
Good luck, Empress! I'm looking forward to seeing the videos - especially the SP.:)

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Sigh...words cannot describe how appalled I am with the Russian Fed for last season.

That was Liza's last chance at World's and glory and everyone knew it with Alëna, Anna and Alexandra coming. Zhenya Med still has a chance and I hope she kicks butt this year, but Liza should have been at World's 2019.

The Russian Fed stole Liza's chance of a thrilling end to her career and I won't ever forgive them for that.

LRK

Record Breaker
Let's not write Liza's (career) obituary just yet, shall we?

Being a Liza fan has always been a bumpy ride - with some smooth sections in between - so just strap in, and grit your teeth. And keep hoping for the best.:)

LynsJ

On the Ice
Let's not write Liza's (career) obituary just yet, shall we?

Being a Liza fan has always been a bumpy ride - with some smooth sections in between - so just strap in, and grit your teeth. And keep hoping for the best.:)

Totally agree! I think if Liza had made worlds last year she would still be competing this year. [emoji178]