Elizaveta Tuktamysheva | Page 250 | Golden Skate

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

DenissVFan

Medalist
Liza is no grandma but she'll be by far the oldest competitor at RusNuts and one of only two in their 20s. I think her age should be mentioned here given how eager some people are to tell 17-19 year olds to retire.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
She did this contrary to stereotypes that quads are feasible only for junior girls. Bravo, Liza! Bravo, Professor Mishin!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kzYekdFTHc

It's not a stereotype. Quads are in fact easier to nail when younger.
Liza spoke about it herself recently. In her interview when talking about quads she said that doing it now is very scary and risky, the injuries take longer to heal the older you get, and you're generally more scared to fall, the youngsters have less fear and recover better. She also said that due to learning a quad she might risk losing another triple
It's nothing to do with size, but rather the psychology and injury risk part.
I think what Liza does deserve applauds not because she proved something, but because it a 100% was harder and more risky to get a quad for her now.
It's a lot of determination and overcoming fear that she had to do in order to get a quad.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Heavens, I love that she has a chance to be the first lady to jump 3A and quad in competition! :rock:

LynsJ

On the Ice
Outstanding! I’m so excited for her after seeing this! She is a boss without a doubt! [emoji178][emoji178][emoji178][emoji960]

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Heavens, I love that she has a chance to be the first lady to jump 3A and quad in competition! :rock:

There are already Alysa Liu and Sofia Akatieva, who did 3A and quad in one program. Though Liza would be the first senior.

liv

Record Breaker
Lovely jump by Liza. And that is what good technique can get you (along with talent of course), even when past baby ballerina stage. Hope she brings it to Nats and anywhere else she competes.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Now that you mention that ... probably she will at nationals...
not with our Fed. She will probably be 6th with any number & quality of jumps.

MY EMPRESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS:rock: Im crying with joy!!!!!!!
:yahoo:

Bravo Mishin! She's unique gal! no not a gal
Woman!:love::biggrin:

Artemisa

Final Flight
not with our Fed. She will probably be 6th with any number & quality of jumps.

MY EMPRESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS:rock: Im crying with joy!!!!!!!
:yahoo:

Bravo Mishin! She's unique gal! no not a gal
Woman!:love::biggrin:

I disagree... RF likes there jumps probably they will push her in the PCS

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
I’m so so excited for Russian nationals. If any coach could have his student learn a quad late in their career it’s Mishin.