Elizaveta Tuktamysheva | Page 148 | Golden Skate

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

berry8

Final Flight
Honestly I think that's a wise decision!
Her Carmina Burana SP is way poorer on a coreografic point of view than last year Bolero.
I do Not even think that her tecnique is getting worse: up to now She has skated 2/2 almost-clean LP (not taking JO into consideration). Only my two cents: she skated her Carmina Burana poorly since she did not like it. I am sure that she will score above 70 tomorrow ;)
Hopefully she will throw her current awful SP costume away.

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker

tulosai

Record Breaker
The strangest thing is that there's a bit of red on the sleeve - why couldn't he put some red on the front as well? :scratch:

The strangest thing is that, having seen what it looks like on her, both Liza and Mishin have seemingly agreed it would be a great idea to wear it on the ice in multiple competitions...

adelia

Record Breaker
The strangest thing is that there's a bit of red on the sleeve - why couldn't he put some red on the front as well? :scratch:
He was trying to be avant garde but failed horribly. IMO this designer doesn't understand how to dress a woman to flatter her figure.

tulosai

Record Breaker
He was trying to be avant garde but failed horribly. IMO this designer doesn't understand how to dress a woman to flatter her figure.

The crazy thing is I truly think it would be fine if there was just a certain spot of color over her right breast area.

adelia

Record Breaker
The strangest thing is that, having seen what it looks like on her, both Liza and Mishin have seemingly agreed it would be a great idea to wear it on the ice in multiple competitions...
They should know better. Prokofieva should know better too.
I mean there are ugly costumes and then there is this...
http://cs628228.vk.me/v628228991/24ce6/nTEzVspR4s8.jpg
http://cs628228.vk.me/v628228282/1f1b5/lH6SMyaBHr0.jpg
http://cs628228.vk.me/v628228877/22d16/GRSbrEGQp-o.jpg

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
great idea! she needed SOME change & why not that!
Imo if she's comfortable with something it might help. Its associated with her big successs in her head & psychologically we'll see (as will she) if it helps her gain confidence & wether there is a connection betw the actual programm & the showing on ice. Is it mental or technical. It will help to give a clearer picture! hopefully

Is it the song he won Eurovision with? I hardly ever watch, but if it is that one, then they should have included a clip of Plush performing there, I think.:) (I remember someone asking Plush if it was harder to fall on ice or plastic, and he said he had never fallen on plastic, so he couldn't say.:))
good for you. I quit watching it after last year b/c it turned from a song contest to rainbow flag waving event:roll9:
ahah Im happy they didnt use it
too cheesy. I almost fell over my chair with laughter when I saw that 'number':laugh2:

Last edited:

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
Interesting to hear about the program change. Wonder if she goes back to the old Bolero dress as well, because I wasn't much of a fan of that either, but hey, whatever makes her feel more comfortable. Hope she does better with her old SP. :)

ovafanboy1

On the Ice
Raise your hand if you're a little surprised she's not going back to Adios Nonino :laugh2:

[/kidding]

I really liked Carmina Burana, certainly the version that existed in the test skate. Though this does go back to what I said earlier. Liza did her two programs last year so many times that by Worlds, they weren't watered down shadows of how they started; they got better. She loved both of those programs and it might have been wiser to begin with to keep the short from the start to add some stability (a la Wagner, only I'm glad Liza is leaving Batwannis Beek/old FS on the shelf). Given how "epic" both Carmina and Solveig are, Bolero might add a different dimension back into her skating, as well.

Really excited for this match-up in Zagreb, whether or not we're able to see it live.

NaVi

Medalist
Um, I'm a bit baffled by this move... I haven't really watched her SP performances in competition but her SP at the test skate received a lot of praise(why did they ever switch from the all black costuming?)... and the people who have complaints about her LP from this year(which I liked at the JO and less so at later competitions) will find many of those same issues in her Bolero...

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
Um, I'm a bit baffled by this move... I haven't really watched her SP performances in competition but her SP at the test skate received a lot of praise(why did they ever switch from the all black costuming?)... and the people who have complaints about her LP from this year(which I liked at the JO and less so at later competitions) will find many of those same issues in her Bolero...
The 3A is currently forming intensive pressure on her, at least psychologically, and the PCS her new SP received this season is not great, so her coaching team might consider returning to the glorious Bolero of last season a better choice. I am not sure whether such decision could help her deliver in competitions and improve the PCS. Have to wait and see. I think Mishin's students are often rated as technical skaters instead of artistic ones by many critics. To a certain degree it is true, but usually technical superiority in sport has the final say in winning the competitions, which is the key. As for her black costume, it may make her physical build look better/slender? I don't know. It may be linked to the music she skates to.

Last edited:

adelia

Record Breaker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg4TL8bgVHg
Liza SP

Edit:
Alright, I've watched it and double checked the 3A in slo-mo. Definitely her best attempt at it this season. It seems she might have been having problems timing her jumps with Carmina Burana. It's much easier with Bolero of course given the beat and tempo.

Last edited:

berry8

Final Flight
I had already predicted that she would have skated greatly ! So happy to see her old costume back :)