Elizaveta Tuktamysheva | Page 248 | Golden Skate

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
sadly the season is over for her
the post olympics 1 season wonder curse has not been broken

Time for evaluation of #TeamMishin's approach ... in everything concerning Tuktamysheva.

Will she draw her own conclusions or still trust the Professor?

A competitive next season as a member of the National Team of Russia is unlikely, but does she aspire a pro career? She has this old fashioned sass and spunk ...

onrsvm

On the Ice
Country
Turkey
She has wonderful technical ability, she is still capable of competing with quad girls, and I believe that she can execute 4 jump especially toeloop. However, I think she has to switch away Mishin. He could not improve her presentation skills. She can earn above 80 points technically, but her pcs still below 70s. If someone improve her pcs and liza change her skating style she will slay.

DenissVFan

Medalist
Why should she go pro? She's got 3 triple axels. I agree that there are improvements to be made regarding jump layouts, PCSs and so on, but she's still consistently scoring over 200 points. You don't know how the next season is going to pan out. I hope that Liza and Zhenya stick around. They don't have to retire just because of Eteri's new seniors.

starla16

Medalist
She has wonderful technical ability, she is still capable of competing with quad girls, and I believe that she can execute 4 jump especially toeloop. However, I think she has to switch away Mishin. He could not improve her presentation skills. She can earn above 80 points technically, but her pcs still below 70s. If someone improve her pcs and liza change her skating style she will slay.

its too late for that, did you saw her mistakes if she adds in more transitions
this is where this applies "its hard to teach old dogs new tricks" with that workload and mindset in training

starla16

Medalist
Time for evaluation of #TeamMishin's approach ... in everything concerning Tuktamysheva.

Will she draw her own conclusions or still trust the Professor?

A competitive next season as a member of the National Team of Russia is unlikely, but does she aspire a pro career? She has this old fashioned sass and spunk ...

I think she still can, the only way is to go up technically.
next season she will need to add the 4T , same as Med needs the 4S to be competitive.

nipman

On the Ice
The season is already over for Liza. So sad, but we have to accept it. With 4A+Med at Rus Nat, no way she can get on the podium.

Thrashergurl

On the Ice
I disagree. How many thought Zagitova would bomb Nationals so badly last season? How many thought Rika would win Worlds? It’s not over for any of these ladies yet.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Sorry Liza, you got robbed.

Satoko's FS score beating Liza's FS score is right up there with Kostner beating Pogo for World Bronze in 2014. :slink:

I remember that and being so devastated for Pogo especially after all the medals Carolina had won all those years. That was clearly unfair and I feel for Liza today. The judges are saying it loud and clear that they don't like what she's doing and are scoring her accordingly. That seems ridiculous and unfair. Someone landing triple axels being beaten by someone who does not. It seems strange but with the way they're judging things this year it's not. The isu also did not want five Russian ladies at GPF. That would be an embarrassment for the rest of figure skating.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I remember that and being so devastated for Pogo especially after all the medals Carolina had won all those years. That was clearly unfair and I feel for Liza today. The judges are saying it loud and clear that they don't like what she's doing and are scoring her accordingly. That seems ridiculous and unfair. Someone landing triple axels being beaten by someone who does not. It seems strange but with the way they're judging things this year it's not. The isu also did not want five Russian ladies at GPF. That would be an embarrassment for the rest of figure skating.

It was little frustrating to witness Liza receiving 8 points more in TES for her free skate than Satoko and it still wasn't enough.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well I for one would never want Liza to leave Mishin. He's supported her and is like a father to her.

Besides, even if thr rules and the judges don't like her programs I love them and it would be a loss if she turned into a Eteri skater with too many transitions and not enough sass. :p

That's my opinion as unpopular as it may be :p

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Well I for one would never want Liza to leave Mishin. He's supported her and is like a father to her.

Besides, even if thr rules and the judges don't like her programs I love them and it would be a loss if she turned into a Eteri skater with too many transitions and not enough sass. :p

That's my opinion as unpopular as it may be :p

No need to say mean things about Eteri skaters to say a nice thing about Liza.
She doesn’t need that, she has the qualities, she has the performance, and she’s got the sass like no one else :)
She’s been adding more transitions in her short, doing bracket entries into her 3A and I think I like seeing more complexity from Liza, whether or not it’s turning her into „Eteri skater“ :)
She’s a fighter, she will persevere any judging and underscoring, and will be even stronger than before. It’s a shame things turned out the way they did and she’s likely not making it into gpf, I’d say getting the gp that she did was just a pure bad luck.
But I’m glad Liza is out there not for medals or podiums, her personal goal is to prove herself she can skate at a high level for a continuous period of time.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
No need to say mean things about Eteri skaters to say a nice thing about Liza.
She doesn’t need that, she has the qualities, she has the performance, and she’s got the sass like no one else :)
She’s been adding more transitions in her short, doing bracket entries into her 3A and I think I like seeing more complexity from Liza, whether or not it’s turning her into „Eteri skater“ :)
She’s a fighter, she will persevere any judging and underscoring, and will be even stronger than before. It’s a shame things turned out the way they did and she’s likely not making it into gpf, I’d say getting the gp that she did was just a pure bad luck.
But I’m glad Liza is out there not for medals or podiums, her personal goal is to prove herself she can skate at a high level for a continuous period of time.

Yeah sorry I shouldn't have said that. It's not that I don't enjoy Eteri's sksters programs, but I like to see different things too and I feel like people want to change everything that makes Liza, Liza.

It just seems weird to me that if you're a fan of a skater and that skater has a certain special style you'd want it to change. Just find a different skater with those qualities to focus on.

I love Sasha T for example, but I don't expect or want her to skate like Satoko even though Satoko's skating is beautiful.

Scott512

Record Breaker
It was little frustrating to witness Liza receiving 8 points more in TES for her free skate than Satoko and it still wasn't enough.
Agreed.

Lizas opportunities to make the Grand Prix final are slipping by and this was a missed opportunity.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Love how she just grabs spotlight & doesn’t let go. Was just watching the gala and thinking about it. :love:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
amazing EX. :luv17: It was hard to skate smth after the hit that was the flight attendant Liza but she managed to deliver! Im in awe. Its so different! :luv17:

Good performance generally at both GPs.
Yep SPs werent the best (especially here I was pretty sad that she helped the judges with her mistakes:bang:) & together with the tendency of underscoring I expected her not making the GPF so Im not devastated as I would be if I had any hopes.

So now Im chilling & enjoying watching our Empress owning the ice :love: :coffee:
Also my BIG thanks goes to the genious Shae Lynn!:pray: What a marvellous SP she created for Liza!!! I hope they will continue to work together!

DenissVFan

Medalist
Yeah but Golden Spin is before RusNats, that's why I said "next". Of course RusNats are more important but she needs to stay among the top 9 Russians on the SB list just to be on the safe side when it comes to next year's GPs.