Elizaveta Tuktamysheva | Page 251 | Golden Skate

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

Aichwan

Rinkside
https://www.instagram.com/p/B6BUtVpnFNR/

what happen?
What video is she talking about?

A video that was posted to Liza T. official youtube saying really hurtful things about Zhenya. The video implied that the RFed favors Evgenia and doesn't support other more "talented" skaters (Eteri girls and Liza). Honestly, the video was awful and even compared Zhenya to "trash."

Liza then posted an IG video apologizing about the video (it's been deleted/edited now btw). She then clarified she had nothing to do with it and that it was posted by her ex-agent, that she fired a few months ago for stealing money from her.
Apparently, this agent has been trying to blackmail Liza and threatening to destroy her career.

Evgenia commented on Liza's apology on ig supporting her and asking people not to say anything mean to her. She also posted on her own stories asking ppl to please stop the hate.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Man all this blew up overnight! The 4T-3T, then this crazy video... Is there any chance this ex-manager/agent whoever can be charged? I mean, he stole Liza's money and blackmailed her!

I hope this doesn't effect her for Nats and I'm so glad Zhenya is sticking up for her (Zhenya is such a good person :) )

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
If Liza can somehow come second at nationals then there is no way they can keep her off the Worlds team.

However without seeing her new programs with the 4T I just don’t know what will happen. Fingers crossed!

agelessdaughter

Spectator
I really wanna see her do a 4T in the free, but I'm also worried for what it'll mean in terms of her other jumps. Difficulty aside, what's her mentality when approaching a quad? Will it replace a 3A? She's been more consistent with the 3A this season than last, the composition of her FS is still up in the air a bit. Idk about placements bc we know she most likely won't be getting high GOE with the way judging goes, not to mention PCs which are her weak point, so above all I want her to have good, clean skates in Nationals for both programs, specially her SP (which I love, and I think if she gets into it as she did in Finlandia she *should* be getting better scores in interpretation and performance).

Resa

On the Ice
It would be soo cool if she could do 3A and 3Lz3T in her SP and then 3A+3T; 4T+3T; 3A; 4T; 3Lz1Eu3L in her FP

LRK

Record Breaker
That's the ray of sunshine in this story - Evgenia coming out strong in defence of Liza. It's so heartwarming.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
About this unsavoury affair with that dismissed agent, was there any (legal) action taken? Or was it sort of taken as a lost case and Tuktamysheva (#TeamMishin, FFKSPb) just took their financial losses, since there was no formal contract?

Hopefully this bad incident alerted any other skater with a commercial agent to look over the details once more?

Aichwan

Rinkside
Man all this blew up overnight! The 4T-3T, then this crazy video... Is there any chance this ex-manager/agent whoever can be charged? I mean, he stole Liza's money and blackmailed her!

I hope this doesn't effect her for Nats and I'm so glad Zhenya is sticking up for her (Zhenya is such a good person :) )

I guess technically she could but she needs the burden of proof. She will need emails, texts, contracts, witnesses, etc. that show indications of blackmail and money mismanaging from this person. At this point in the story she hasn't shown any "receipts" other than her talking about this unfortunate situation on social media. It seems like the other athlete involved in this issue has decided to believe and support Liza, so that is a good start.
All in all, I hope that both of the athletes involved in this mess are ok, and this doesn't affect their trainings for nationals.

ssffww

On the Ice
It's not a stereotype. Quads are in fact easier to nail when younger.
Liza spoke about it herself recently. In her interview when talking about quads she said that doing it now is very scary and risky, the injuries take longer to heal the older you get, and you're generally more scared to fall, the youngsters have less fear and recover better. She also said that due to learning a quad she might risk losing another triple
It's nothing to do with size, but rather the psychology and injury risk part.
I think what Liza does deserve applauds not because she proved something, but because it a 100% was harder and more risky to get a quad for her now.
It's a lot of determination and overcoming fear that she had to do in order to get a quad.

A stereotype is not a falsehood. Its a truth that is widely circulated but oversimplified. I think that's exactly what the idea that its easier for younger skaters to learn quads is. Widely held, true, but over simplified.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Happy Birthday to the Empress! Long may she reign the Lutz! :hb:

I've got everything crossed that she has a great Nats and shows everyone what she can do!

LynsJ

On the Ice
Happy birthday to the legend that is Liza!! Long may she fight and show us all how amazing she is. Can’t wait to see her pull out the quads in comp [emoji178][emoji178][emoji960][emoji960]

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Unfortunately I missed Liza's birthday by a few hours. I'd just like to say that my only wish for the 2018 Olympics was that Aljona Savchenko would win the gold medal. That wish came true. Now my only wish for the 2022 Olympics is that Elizaveta Tuktamysheva will, unlikely as it may currently seem, qualify for the Russian team, skate at the Olympics and win a medal there. I just can't stand the idea that a wonderful lady like her can not only win the GPF, Euros and Worlds but also master the triple axel and even a quad and yet become the only ladies' world champion in a century never allowed to skate at the Olympics. The injustice of it would break my heart.

A belated happy birthday, Liza! :luv17::)

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
What do we think are Lisa’s chances at Russian Nationals? I’m praying for second so there can be no question about going to Worlds. However I think 4th is likely and 3rd if she can do two quads.

I really really want her to make it!

zounger

Medalist
What do we think are Lisa’s chances at Russian Nationals? I’m praying for second so there can be no question about going to Worlds. However I think 4th is likely and 3rd if she can do two quads.

I really really want her to make it!

Not many I don't think she has the politicking in her side. Regardless of how capable she is. I see only one (and half) case for her to be selected to the team.