Elizaveta Tuktamysheva | Page 252 | Golden Skate

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Not many I don't think she has the politicking in her side. Regardless of how capable she is. I see only one (and half) case for her to be selected to the team.

You’re right. Let’s hope she smashes it.

kallirroe

On the Ice
Why would Mishin get out 1 out of 2 Triple Axels in Free programm for Tuktamysheva? She will really have no chances again 3A with that technical content. Is she injured and has lost consistency over 2 Triple Axels in Free programm? I cannot understand.... And i was so much hoping for Lisa to have a chance in EC...:confused:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Why would Mishin get out 1 out of 2 Triple Axels in Free programm for Tuktamysheva? She will really have no chances again 3A with that technical content. Is she injured and has lost consistency over 2 Triple Axels in Free programm? I cannot understand.... And i was so much hoping for Lisa to have a chance in EC...:confused:

"The key question is how desperate Yelizaveta Tuktamysheva will give resistance to her rivals. As the first half of the season showed, just to close in at dangerous distance on them, Lisa's triple Axels aren't good enough.

Recently, Tuktamysheva confidently jumped a quad Toeloop, which significantly increases her chances in the Russian Championship. She definitely needs to take risks and add the new jump to her free program, because there will be no other way to get ahead of Trusova, Shcherbakova and Kostornaya. The intrigue is whether the skater will succeed in bringing all her ultra-si together and not lose other elements.

The second intrigue is how Russian judges will evaluate Liza. In many respects, precisely for GOE and components Tuktamysheva will depend on the presence of at least some illusion of competition between athletes of different coaching groups."
-----
From: https://matchtv.ru/figure-skating/m...t_ot_chempionata_Rossii_po_figurnomu_kataniju

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
I hope the actual layout will be different.

I think it’s clear the 3T is a placeholder. However I think Mishin puts out layouts that Liza has a chance of going clean on. I was worried before the 4T but I’ll never doubt Liza again! She says trust the Empress so I will.

DenissVFan

Medalist
I think it’s clear the 3T is a placeholder. However I think Mishin puts out layouts that Liza has a chance of going clean on. I was worried before the 4T but I’ll never doubt Liza again! She says trust the Empress so I will.

Yeah, I don't think she'll jump a solo 3T on purpose. Right now here's hoping for a clean SP.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Yelizaveta Tuktamysheva

The 2015 World Champion began complicating her programs at the beginning of the season. For her short, she learned a cascade with a Flip, so now she has almost the maximum content in this program. In the free, Tuktamysheva decided to do two triple Axels. In fact, Lisa stepped forwards - last season she had only one element of ultra-si per program. But in reality her jumping base has remained almost the same - cascades fail.

True, in early December, the athlete really surprised. She showed in training a clean solo quadruple Toeloop and even a cascade with this quad. Tuktamysheva competed in the last Challenger of the season, where she performed this element at the warm-up. But it was omitted from the actual skating run.

link to graphic with maximum BV

Recently, in an interview, Tat'yana Mishina, who works in the group of her husband Alexei Mishin, said that a new jump for Lisa is already possible at the Russian Championship (but it was not on the planned content sheet, although everything can change).

Three triple Axels in two programs and at least one quadruple jump will not only allow the world champion to fight for the podium, but will make her a real contender for a medal. With such content, the base valut of Tuktamysheva’s programs is even higher than that of Kostornaya, who performs more complex cascades.
-----
Excerpt from: https://sport24.ru/news/other/2019-...-kostornaya-trusova-shcherbakova-tuktamysheva

ecr1221

Rinkside
The 3T is probably a placeholder for a 4T, or if Liza doesn't think she can land it, maybe a 3A. I would've hoped that she would already been doing 2 3As in addition to the 4T though.

adelia

Record Breaker
Her 3As have been pretty consistent all season. There is really no point in substituting one of the 3As for a 4T. The potential increase in points are marginal but the risk of popping the 4T or falling are much higher. If she can't handle a layout with 2 3As and a 4T yet, I'd rather they have worked on upgrading her combo jumps.

SXTN

Final Flight
Everyone seems so shocked. We knew what was coming. If they include the 4T into the program, it will - of course - substitute the second 3A. Mishin ≠ maths.

Three triple Axels in two programs and at least one quadruple jump will not only allow the world champion to fight for the podium, but will make her a real contender for a medal. With such content, the base valut of Tuktamysheva’s programs is even higher than that of Kostornaya, who performs more complex cascades.
-----

Even with two 3A's and one 4T she is not a real contender. She gets smoked at GOE and levels by the other girls plus Kostornaia's PCS are 6-8 points higher in the free. Not to mention Liza doesn't have any valuable combos in the free.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
The general opinion I got from reading all these press and blogs is that Tuktamysheva is the only likely competitor to be able to displace one of Tutberidze's Terrific Trio, but only if, when and in case the trio make mistakes and Liza going all out doesn't.

Even then, by word of Gorshkov, it is only the European Championships start that can be won by getting decorated with a medal come Saturday evening.

World Championships will be decided much later in the new year, and the deck of cards will be freshly shuffled. But barring disaster, the three Ace cards will still lie on top, perhaps even loaded with more base value added in Anna's triksel and a quad from Alyona.

paulusfr

On the Ice
Like one already said she's got almost no chance even with a quad this season. She needs massive improvement. I think she's already getting ready to the next season with the purpose to do two quads and two 3As in the free program. I think they go step by step. First she needs to land a quad in a competition, and make sure she doesn't lose anything else.

halulupu

Final Flight
as many here I am disappointed with Liza's planned layout. However, I think she is playing the long-term game. She probably knows chances to have a clean more complicated layout are very slim. So this year she will lose anyway. The goal is Olympics. So she shows them all: look I have a quad, my puberty long gone, give me 1-2years and I will complicate my program for O.

She actually is fighting against zhenya for an Olympic place on the team. With a little bit of luck one or two of the 3a are in the middle of puberty at the O season. For zhenya to land a quad is not very realistic, even correct lutz edge is not in sight. Valieva looks like she will grow quite a bit. For zagitova to come back is very unrealistic. The other two junior eteris are not that promising/talented as 3A. But liza will be there, reliable with quad and 3a. She will get the place on the olympic national team and get a medal at O. Mission accomplished[emoji6]

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Two 4T landed during this morning practice.

Oh wow! Are you at the competition yourself?

I really hope Liza brings the quad to the party! That would be soooo epic!

I wonder...do you think if she hadn't turned out of her 3A she'd be in third?